(1) Plays like The Workhouse Donkey (1963) and Armstrong's Last Goodnight (1964) were staged in major theatres, but as the decade progressed so his identification with the increasingly radical climate of the times began to lead away from the mainstream theatre.
(2) You’d think Michael Foot himself was running, attending debates in a hammer and sickle-print donkey jacket, from the amount we’ve been talking about him.
(3) A study of gonadotrophin production in horses and donkeys bearing hybrid foals has yielded fascinating results about the immunology of pregnancy.
(4) Leukocyte microsomal HMG-CoA reductase, first immobilized onto a nitrocellulose filter, is sequentially reacted with 1) monospecific, polyclonal rabbit anti-rat liver HMG-CoA reductase antiserum, which crossreacts with the human liver and leukocyte enzymes; 2) biotinylated donkey anti-rabbit immunoglobulin; 3) a streptavidin-horseradish peroxidase conjugate; and 4) 4-chloro-1-naphthol and H2O2 to visualize the quantity of horseradish peroxidase bound to the immunocomplex.
(5) Four books of his songs have been published, as well as a children's song book called Little Donkey, with illustrations by J Patrick Lewis.
(6) Hagere Selam remains a modest place of mudwalled shops with corrugated roofs, cows, donkeys and sheep wandering unpaved streets and children idling away an afternoon at table football – a generation with no memory of the famine that killed hundreds of thousands and woke up the world.
(7) A llama, a miniature horse, and a miniature donkey with severe bilateral congenital flexural deformities of the metacarpophalangeal and metatarsophalangeal joints were treated successfully by arthrodesis with dynamic compression plating or external skeletal fixation.
(8) The incidence of hydatidosis in donkeys and the relationship of the domestic cycle to the wildlife cycle operating in the same area is unknown and requires further study.
(9) Many arrive on donkeys from Turkey, but there is no way of knowing which products are counterfeit and which are real.
(10) Best-known for creating Donkey Kong and Super Mario Bros , Shigeru Miyamoto is an acclaimed games designer and general manager of Nintendo's entertainment analysis and development division.
(11) Leucocytes from the blood of adult and young donkeys (Equus asinus L.), adult horses (Equus caballus L.), adult mules (Equus asinus x Equus caballus) and adult pigs (Sus scrofa L.) were obtained in a high degree of purity (99.9%) using Na2-EDTA-dextrans mixtures.
(12) Her latest show War Donkey is at the Assembly Rooms.
(13) In October 2013, in a sign of how bad things had become, the imam of Yarmouk’s largest mosque issued a fatwa that permitted people to eat cats, dogs and donkeys.
(14) In vivo mucus transport rates were studied in humans and donkeys by external measurement of the rate of clearance of insoluble monodisperse gamma-tagged aerosols.
(15) Erythrocytes of guinea-pig, rabbit, hamster, rat, chicken, dog and donkey formed a lower percentage of rosettes.
(16) A 246 bp cDNA clone representing the C-terminal region of the donkey (Equus asinus) chorionic gonadotrophin (CG)-beta subunit was isolated from a placental library.
(17) • Gîtes (sleeping 4-7 from €450 a week, 020-3603 1160, babyfriendlyboltholes.co.uk Croas Men farm, near Morlaix Accommodation options at this unusual campsite include ridge tents and a gypsy caravan but the best option for families is La Maisonnette, a simple wooden house overlooking a donkey meadow.
(18) "The hut has been in the same family for donkey's years," he said.
(19) Four out of the 6 donkeys had B. equi antibodies while 2 of them had detectable parasitaemia.
(20) Thus it was possible to separate histochemically the TA muscle in the rostral (pars ventricularis) and caudal (pars vocalis) portions which are related to the VE and the VO muscles of the dog, horse and donkey.
(n.) A very large and powerful carnivore (Felis tigris) native of Southern Asia and the East Indies. Its back and sides are tawny or rufous yellow, transversely striped with black, the tail is ringed with black, the throat and belly are nearly white. When full grown, it equals or exceeds the lion in size and strength. Called also royal tiger, and Bengal tiger.
(n.) Fig.: A ferocious, bloodthirsty person.
(n.) A servant in livery, who rides with his master or mistress.
(n.) A kind of growl or screech, after cheering; as, three cheers and a tiger.
(n.) A pneumatic box or pan used in refining sugar.
(1) In fact, the lowest-rated game of last year's World Series between the Giants and the Tigers edged out the opening round of the draft by only 2.4 million viewers.
(2) #Tigers #Athletics @HunterFelt October 11, 2013 David Lengel (@LengelDavid) @HunterFelt Unless you're Yoenis Cespedes of course!
(3) The Dodgers and Braves are tied 1-1 in the third inning and the Detroit Tigers and Oakland A's ALDS will start at 9:37pm EST.
(4) • The Tamil Tigers (LTTE) were guilty of human rights abuses and demanded a cut of international NGOs' spending in the areas they controlled.
(5) To lose the Sundarbans would be to move a step closer to the extinction of these majestic animals," said ZSL tiger expert Sarah Christie.
(6) The San Francisco Giants are baseball's new comeback kings and will face the Detroit Tigers in the 2012 World Series.
(7) Nominees: Sticks and Stones, Maroon Productions for Channel 4 Charlie and Lola "I am not sleepy and I will not go to bed", Tiger Aspect Productions for BBC Children's Breakthrough Award - Behind the Screen Jonathan Smith - Make Me Normal, Century Films for Channel 4 "The jury said that this year's winner had directed a moving and inspiring documentary which forced the audience to consider the impact of autism and Aspergers syndrome and how it can impact on the lives of those it affects."
(8) His greatest passion on the trek up, apart from finding a 3G signal and playing rap music from a speaker on the back of his pack, was playing Tigers and Goats, a local version of chess, taking on all-comers – climbers, Sherpas, trekkers, random elderly porters passing through the lodges.
(9) Neither should our distaste for the war be interpreted to mean that we support the Tamil Tigers.
(10) The group comprised 29 pumas (Felis concolor), 32 lions (Panthera leo), 27 tigers (P tigris), 19 leopards (P pardus), 18 jaguars (P onca) and 22 cheetahs (Acinonyx jubatus).
(11) The UN report said most of the casualties came from government shelling and called for an independent international inquiry into what it called credible claims against Colombo and the Tamil Tigers .
(12) There is energy in the room, lots of it, but it’s curled up like a tiger.
(13) Sri Lanka mounted a merciless final assault on the Tamil Tiger insurgency in 2009 .
(14) Now they await the results of the American League Championship Series to see whether this year's World Series will be a rematch of 2004, when the Cardinals were swept by the curse-reversing Boston Red Sox, or 2006, when the Cardinals defeated the Detroit Tigers and became one of the worst teams to win the World Series in MLB history .
(15) A shame such a landmark achievement was soured by Allam refusing to talk to the local council over a potential stadium expansion and trying to change the club’s name to Hull Tigers, which many fans vehemently oppose.
(16) He rides horses, launches pipelines, hugs tigers and fires pistols.
(17) Obviously that inning, and game four in general, was frustrating for the Oakland A's, as they squandered several opportunities to knock out the Tigers.