(1) Two major facilities of the Western Division of Dow Chemical USA are located fortuitously within an area covered by the population-based California Tumor Registry, which allowed linkage of records to identify incident cancers among 1,403 male workers.
(2) The Dow Jones industrial average added 64.15 points, or 0.4%, to close at 15,301.26.
(3) This is a community where readers' patience for mediocrity is measured in seconds not minutes," added Thomson, the former Times editor who moved to New York to run the WSJ at the end of 2007 following Rupert Murdoch's acquisition of the paper's publisher, Dow Jones.
(4) After losing 434.36 points, or 3.28%, over the past two days, the Dow Jones Industrial Average held roughly steady following Obama's speech.
(5) Rattled investors brace for big week as Federal Reserve considers rate increase Read more The Dow Jones industrial average fell 114 points, or 0.7%, to 16,528.
(6) Wall Street opened in the red, with the Dow Jones down 70 points or 0.45%.
(7) Giovanny Moreano (@GiovannyMoreano) S&P 500, Dow, & Russell 2000 open at a new record; NASDAQ hits 4000.
(8) In New York the Dow Jones index closed down more than 170 points.
(9) The quality and integrity of the Vedomosti editorial team is outstanding and both the FT and The Wall Street Journal plan to continue licensing content to Vedomosti to provide high-quality, international news to readers in Russia,” said Pearson and Dow Jones.
(10) Last week the Dow enjoyed its best rally of the year, in part on hopes of a concrete solution to the eurozone crisis.
(11) 9pm BST: In fresh gloom on Wall Street, the Dow sheds 449 points to close at 10,609.
(12) So the Dow Jones Industrial Average is currently down 57 points or 0.3%, which has helped knock European indices off the day's highs and has pushed the FTSE 100 into negative territory.
(13) In New York, the Dow Jones industrial average index lost 1,000 points last Monday – a day dubbed Black Monday by Xinhua, China’s official news agency.
(14) The Dow Jones index fell 200 points at one stage in morning trading in New York after the US labour department reported that 500,000 new claims for unemployment benefit were filed in the week ending 14 August – an increase of 12,000 on the previous week and the highest figure for nine months.
(15) Traders are calling the Dow Jones industrial average up by over 1%, as US investors give the thumbs up to the prospect of a more dovish Fed chair ( although we still don't know who is going to actually replace Bernanke, of course ) Brenda Kelly (@BrendaKelly_IG) $Dow forecast to open 173 points higher.
(16) Astemizole (Hismanal; Janssen Pharmaceutica Inc., Mississauga, Ontario, Canada) and terfenadine (Seldane; Merrell Dow Pharmaceuticals [Canada], Inc., Concord, Ontario, Canada) were compared for clinical efficacy in a double-blind randomized trial during the ragweed pollen season.
(17) In the US, traders expected the benchmark S&P 500 index to fall by 3% and the Dow Jones by 4% when trading starts at 2:30pm UK time.
(18) In the event the Dow went through a volatile opening, switching between rises and falls as investors tried to come to terms with events.
(19) Reports in Washington that the Republicans would agree to a six-week extension of the debt ceiling from next week's 17 October deadline led to a 323-point rise in the Dow Jones average.
(20) Last week, Dow Chemical, HP and Alcoa joined civil rights groups in urging Tennessee law-makers to abandon legislation similar to North Carolina’s affecting the state’s estimated 10,000 transgender students.
(imp.) of Draw.
(1) One of the ACB patients died of drowing, while three others had recurring angina pectoris symptoms.
(2) In cases of accidental drowing in sea water the osmotic gradient is in inverse: the electrolytes of aspirated salt water diffuse in the circulation, whereas the blood serum and the plasma albumin pass into the alveoli.
(3) The likely effect of New Zealand's 1987, Fencing of Swimming Pools Act in preventing these drowings, had it been in effect, is considered.