(n.) Corrupt or defiling matter contained in a liquid, or precipitated from it; refuse; feculence; lees; grounds; sediment; hence, the vilest and most worthless part of anything; as, the dregs of society.
(1) Receptors known as DREG adhesion molecules on human neutrophils and monocytes provide for homing of these phagocytic leukocytes to sites of inflammation.
(2) Finally, all five DREG mAbs specifically stain COS cells transfected with LAM-1 cDNA, a putative human homologue of mouse MEL-14 antigen.
(3) Perhaps set smaller goals to begin with, for instance "Don't drink the dregs of strangers' drinks" or "No drinking on your own in the morning in a toilet cubicle at work", and see where you go from there.
(4) We studied its expression on eosinophils using flow cytometry and the MAb Dreg-56 and Leu-8.
(5) While the fourth seeded Bulls’ 35-29 record is something of a mirage, as they have faced the dregs of the Eastern Conference, that doesn’t take away from the fact this team was expected to be one of those dregs after Rose injured himself and Deng was traded.
(6) Accumulation of DREG-negative monocytes in association with sepsis may be sufficient to impair their recruitment to inflammatory sites and limit their contribution to host defense against infection and tissue repair.
(7) From the depraved dregs of humanity; the glorious blossoming of hope, a tangible act of togetherness; the salvation of pop.
(8) "If you think that in this country another person can be found who would create such a structure, who would drag into this work all the dregs of the provincial towns, who would make provincial shits into princesses of the capital, then fuck off.
(9) 5.15pm, and I'm harbouring serious reservations about the mental well-being of Guardian Unlimited Football's readership: "I am sitting alone in my serviced apartment in Singapore, wearing a Scotland top and boxer shorts like a Caledonian David Mellor, nursing the dregs of my one and only can of Tiger," writes Neil Cocker, in what can only be a cry for help.
(10) It's important to remember that Clearing isn't the dregs of the barrel," says Claire Chalmers, student recruitment officer at Goldsmiths, University of London.
(11) The DREG antibodies offer powerful tools for analyzing the role of homing receptors in human neutrophil-endothelial cell interactions, and also may prove valuable in the clinical assessment of neutrophil activation.
(12) The US, Canadian and Australian governments have chased the CCS dream with zeal, often using its compressed CO2 byproduct to prise away tar sands and eke out the dregs of depleted fossil fuel reserves.
(13) Moreover, mAb DREG-56 significantly diminished adhesion of healthy adult but not cord blood suspensions in the presence or absence of the anti-CD18 mAb R15.7.
(14) The DREG-56 mAb specifically inhibits greater than 90% of binding of human lymphocytes to HEVs within frozen sections of peripheral but not mucosal lymphoid tissue.
(15) These results demonstrate that the DREG mAbs define a human lymphocyte homing receptor for PLN HEVs and indicate that this human antigen is homologous to the MEL-14-defined murine lymphocyte homing receptor.
(16) That’s the only thing they understand.” Donald Trump’s presidential campaign energized and reanimated various pockets of far-rightwing America, from the dregs of the Ku Klux Klan represented by David Duke to the seemingly ascendant “alt-right”, members of which gathered in Washington DC after the election at a “thinktank” conference that saw audience members participate in Nazi salutes.
(17) These results suggest that monocytes are more affected than neutrophils in vivo by conditions expected to stimulate shedding of DREG and that sepsis promotes shedding of these adherence receptors.
(18) To test this hypothesis, we have analyzed the expression of DREG receptors on neutrophils and monocytes from 25 patients admitted to the Surgical Intensive Care Unit.
(19) For 14 nonseptic patients, mean monocyte positivity for DREG was reduced from 64% to 40%.
(20) One Love Manchester: pop's healing power rises from the dregs of depravity | Hannah Jane Parkinson Read more Some of the victims’ families had bristled at Grande hosting the concert so soon after the suicide bombing that killed 22 people , but her earnestness and emotional acuity meant that for thousands of people, this was an event that soothed and uplifted.