(n.) A kind of dandy; especially, one characterized by an ultrafashionable style of dress and other affectations.
(1) He's been the league MVP for two years in a row, he's the reigning NBA finals MVP, he led Team USA to a gold medal in last summer's Olympics, he's on this year's All-Defense first team, oh and there's that Sports Illustrated's sportsman of the year thing … OK, you get the idea, there's a lot of compelling evidence out there that suggests that the dude knows how to play basketball.
(2) @neopeo : Dude at work took 7 hours to get in to work this morning.
(3) If Kyrgios cares about his career – and sometimes he is so blase about his success, wealth and celebrity he professes to hate tennis – the hip young dude from Canberra who smirks when he should be smiling, who plainly is struggling with fame, needs to understand he is not the only clown in town.
(4) How does it stop?” And a dude in his early thirties who looks like a 6ft-3in brick wall says, “Everyone on my block did that.
(5) But it was in westerns that Peck's dour integrity showed itself best: unshaven and tough in Yellow Sky (1948); a dude learning to adapt to the west in The Big Country (1958); and obsessively after the men who raped and killed his wife in The Bravados (1958).
(6) He's 27 today, and shares his birthday with [frantic googling] Stuart Broad, Vernon Philander, the dude who played RoboCop, fellow football genius Kevin Nolan.
(7) He's a man of many names: The Walking Dude, The Ageless Stranger, He Who Walks Behind The Rows, The Man In Black, Walter O'Dim, The Dark Man.
(8) In other tweets she wrote: "I was on the balcony, dude with machine gun came up and told us to go in and locked it … we asked if they had a search warrant, they said the person who issues warrants is in building & doesn't need to issue one for himself.
(9) The comedian, who calls President Obama "dude" to his face and gets away with it , has promised nothing more than "fun" for the tens of thousands he hopes to draw to the National Mall in Washington DC.
(10) A lot of bad ‘dudes’ out there!” Taken at his infantile word, Trump literally makes no sense: having campaigned on a Muslim ban, Trump now believes he has taken all those bad dudes by surprise with the same ban.
(11) I know what you’re thinking; this Duterte dude sounds like a sophisticate on the world stage, but he isn’t the only person to have strayed near the edges of acceptable diplomatic language.
(12) "This is the first time we've been able to throw out an idea like, 'Dude, it'd be cool to have a gospel choir', and it wouldn't get shot down."
(13) 1 | The Dude ... from The Big Lebowski Facebook Twitter Pinterest Jeff Bridges as the Dude.
(14) Maybe it’s because all these dudes were not the first choice of the women of their youths […] But they can make it in tinseltown and perpetuate the desperate delusion that they are powerful.” She says she has no real hope of a comeback.
(15) American sanctions against Rosneft, which have frozen the Russian firm out of US capital markets, had not had any impact on BP, Dudely said.
(16) As I was introduced, my husband heard a dude say to his mates, “Oh, look, a chick.
(17) In a break from filming, Pratt described his character as a "roguish space dude who's socially stunted and essentially still very much a child".
(18) It’s the infectious daftness of the whole thing; the claret-hurling ultraviolence; the inability of Jessica Lange to be anything other than an absolute dude even when spouting some truly preposterous nonsense, the reset system at the end of every season – meaning each is its own standalone tale with the cast in different roles.
(19) Italy are going out in the first round, a dude has just won a tennis match at Wimbledon 70-68 in the fifth set and New Zealand are just one kick of a football away from making it through to the last 16 of the World Cup.
(20) You wanted your own person, I know this because you virtually told me Gordon, so just chill out dude, we are not going anywhere.
(a.) Hard; harsh; severe; rough; toilsome.
(a.) To last; to continue; to endure.
(1) Such anomalies can only be explained by a longue duree.
(2) Decorum prevents me from revealing the punchline," says Beau Dure.
(3) The wheat cDNA clone codes for a protein with ten tandem repeats of an 11 amino acid sequence and has homology to other Group 3 LEAs reported in barley, carrot, cotton and rape (L. Dure et al., Plant Mol Biol 12: 475-486, 1989).
(4) The deduced amino acid sequence shows a high degree (62.2%) of similarity to that of a protein that is abundant during late embryogenesis of cotton (LEA D34; Baker JC, Steele C, Dure III (1988) Plant Mol Biol 11: 227-291).
(5) Durings 18 months, clinical signs of the disease were noted in 2 animals only.
(6) The other 26 awoke and recovered spontaneous breathing within 1-4 h following the type of anaesthesia and operating procedure they had submitted, which dured from 15 to 330 min.
(7) This reacherys point out that nitriding plasma a durings increase and cutis greater capacity establish.