(a.) Major; in the major mode; as, C dur, that is, C major.
(1) Retrospective DUR attempts to detect and address patterns of prescribing that might be indicative of inappropriate therapy.
(2) In order to understand the process of executing a voluntary standing movement, the parameters latency (AEA-LT), duration (AEA-DUR) and amplitude (AEA-AMP) of the anticipatory electromyographic (EMG) activity (AEA) in the tibialis anterior muscle, Hoffmann (H) reflex amplitude in the soleus muscle (Sol) prior to the onset of EMG activity in that muscle, and EMG reaction time (EMG-RT) were measured during heel raising from the standing position.
(3) After repeated 12-hourly dosing to steady-state, and adjustment of dose to achieve trough concentrations of between 5 and 10 mg l-1 (28-55 mumol l-1), theophylline concentration fluctuated to a significantly greater extent within a dose interval when the subjects were taking Phyllocontin than when they were taking Theo-Dur.
(4) At each cooking time, a sample was withdrawn and its hardness measured individually on 25 kernels, with the DUR-INCAP.
(5) Taking into account the bending strength and modulus of elasticity, only Kol-Dur and Diemet can be recommended.
(6) Twenty-one patients, 12 to 18 years of age, with nocturnal asthma controlled with sustained-release theophylline administered twice daily, were enrolled in a 10-week, double-blind, two-way crossover study that compared Theo-Dur tablets administered twice daily with an equivalent daily dose of Uniphyl tablets administered once daily at bedtime.
(7) The mean daily dose of theophylline prior to the study was 828 mg, while the mean dose after three weeks of Uni-Dur therapy was 783 mg.
(8) The mutagenic activity of vastak and durs ban pesticides was studied by the micronucleus test in mouse bone marrow.
(9) The absorption kinetics of theophylline after single oral administration of a sustained-release theophylline tablet formulation, Theo-Dur, were studied in healthy volunteers.
(10) Uniphyl produced greater "peak" and lower "trough" theophylline concentrations than did Theo-Dur, although both lower "trough" theophylline concentrations than did Theo-Dur, although both drugs maintained concentrations within the accepted therapeutic range.
(11) Taken with a balanced meal, the mean parameters were similar; for Theo-Dur and Dilatrane A.P.
(12) 88% absorption was achieved in 6 hr with Choledyl SA versus 10 hr with Theo-Dur.
(13) Theotrim, and Theo-Dur was carried out in five dogs and six healthy human volunteers under fasting conditions, using immediate-release aminophylline tablets as controls.
(14) The bioavailability and absorption pattern of theophylline from Theo-Dur Sprinkle were investigated in adults both in fasting conditions and after two different meals.
(15) In tests with plaster models we inspected the antibacterial effect of the dental plasters Dento-rock and Dento-dur.
(16) A double-blind crossover comparison of a 12-hour theophylline preparation (Theo-Dur) and a 24-hour theophylline preparation (Theo-24) was conducted with 20 young adult chronic asthmatic patients requiring daily bronchodilator therapy.
(17) E-0686 exhibited almost the same rate constant in dissolution in vitro and in absorption in vivo, while Theo-Dur did not.
(18) West of Durness, round Cape Wrath, Sandwood Bay has a spectacular mile-long beach.
(19) The bioavailability and pharmacological effects of slow-release preparations oxtriphylline (Choledyl SA) and anhydrous theophylline (Theo-Dur) were compared in a single-blind, randomized, crossover study in 10 normal men.
(20) Three parameters of this ECG were analysed: total QRS duration (Dur QRS), amplitude of the signal 40 ms before its termination (V 40), and the duration of the terminal activity less than 40 microV (Dur LP).
(a.) Hard; harsh; severe; rough; toilsome.
(a.) To last; to continue; to endure.
(1) Such anomalies can only be explained by a longue duree.
(2) Decorum prevents me from revealing the punchline," says Beau Dure.
(3) The wheat cDNA clone codes for a protein with ten tandem repeats of an 11 amino acid sequence and has homology to other Group 3 LEAs reported in barley, carrot, cotton and rape (L. Dure et al., Plant Mol Biol 12: 475-486, 1989).
(4) The deduced amino acid sequence shows a high degree (62.2%) of similarity to that of a protein that is abundant during late embryogenesis of cotton (LEA D34; Baker JC, Steele C, Dure III (1988) Plant Mol Biol 11: 227-291).
(5) Durings 18 months, clinical signs of the disease were noted in 2 animals only.
(6) The other 26 awoke and recovered spontaneous breathing within 1-4 h following the type of anaesthesia and operating procedure they had submitted, which dured from 15 to 330 min.
(7) This reacherys point out that nitriding plasma a durings increase and cutis greater capacity establish.