(1) Within the outflow tract wall, the labelled cells were enmeshed by strands of alcian blue-stained extracellular matrix.
(2) Graft life is even more prolonged with patch angioplasty at venous outflow stenoses or by adding a new segment of PTFE to bypass areas of venous stenosis.
(3) Using 3H-labeled dextran, uveoscleral outflow was quantitated in normotensive and glaucomatous Beagles under general anesthesia.
(4) Long-distanced urethrocystopexy which permits to avoid an unwanted increase of outflow resistance with following retention of urine should be preferred.
(5) Accordingly, RV systolic SL shortening did not rise despite the substantial augmentation in RV outflow.
(6) An integrated approach to the surgical management of diffuse subaortic stenosis has been designed to provide adequate relief of left ventricular outflow tract obstruction whatever the anatomical features encountered at operation.
(7) A pressure sensor in the patient line prevents excessive inflow and outflow pressures by stopping the inflow or outflow pump respectively.
(8) Catheterization shows a gradient across one or both of the outflow tracts due to hypertrophic subaortic or subpulmonic stenosis.
(9) We suggest that the OH improved mainly because of the increase in MSA due to L-threo-DOPS, and that the drug may activate sympathetic outflow at a site proximal to the sympathetic ganglion.
(10) Multiple determination of size, shape, and diameter of the left atrium were made during the control state and under conditions of varied ventricular outflow resistance in intact anesthetized dogs with markers chronically attached to the mitral annulus and the valve cusps.
(11) Type II had the anastomosis too high on the gastric pouch, type III was due to an obstructing marginal ulcer, and type IV had a pouchlike deformity develop in the upper jejunum at the anastomosis that gradually compressed the outflow tract.
(12) The procedure was less effective in reducing outflow gradients in patients with dysplastic valves with or without Noonan's syndrome.
(13) In a total of 92 eyes in 46 individuals the outflow facilities obtained by weight tonography, Cton correlated curvilinearly with those estimated by an acetazolamide test, Cacet.
(14) The decrease of left ventricle outflow gradient as well as of subjective complaints inclusively cerebral syncopes were remarkable.
(15) Kinetic analysis of residue and outflow curves of gamma-emitting indicators such as chromium-51-EDTA and iodide-131-thalamate from skeletal muscle gives the possibility to determine the extraction fraction and the plasma flow, and from these two values the capillary diffusion capacity can be calculated (Sejrsen 1970, preliminary report).
(16) It is concluded that most elderly patients with increased left ventricular outflow tract velocities are etiologically distinct from young patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.
(17) In only three cases passed all of the visible aqueous outflow through normal aqueous veins.
(18) Thus, the data suggest that copper initially activates peripheral organs such as the heart and subsequently produces a distinct inhibitory action on sympathetic outflow, which is related to the toxic action of this metal.
(19) The aim of this study was to record sympathetic outflow in man during PTRA as reflected by muscle nerve sympathetic activity and arterial plasma noradrenaline.
(20) The ratio of the intrapleural pressure shift to magnitude of phasic changes of the blood flow in the posterior v. cava (the pumping coefficient) is suggested for estimation of effect of the chest sucking function upon the venous outflow and for relative estimation of rigidity of the vascular bed's venous portion.