(1) As Heseltine himself argued, after the success of last summer's Olympics, "our aim must be to become a nation of cities possessed of London's confidence and elan" .
(2) You've shown "elan, dedication, skill and customary energy" while "producing a terrific newspaper and keeping the staff motivated and happy".
(3) Joey Barton tweeted with customary elan, "Go on the birds", and for the next 20 minutes GB peppered the Brazilian goal.
(4) He loaned me a Pure Elan DX40, a low-end mains-powered table-top model.
(5) Susan Elan Jones resigned as shadow Wales office minister.
(6) Because SB 1062 is explicitly intended to counteract last year's ruling of Elane Photography in New Mexico , in which Elaine Huguenin, a photographer, turned down a request from a lesbian couple to document their commitment ceremony because same-sex unions were against her religion.
(7) His tone at that moment was serious but there was much more to revel in; Southampton won 12 of their final 18 Premier League games and here, eventually picking off a much-changed but willing Crystal Palace , was further evidence of the elan that might have yielded even greater reward had an awkward early winter spell not given them ground to make up.
(8) 1.29pm GMT Labour's Susan Elan Jones asks if the increased fines for breaches of the national minimum wage laws will be in place by 1 January.
(9) Stout became a non-executive director of another London-listed pharmaceutical company, Shire, and Ingram is chairman of the biotechnology firm Elan.
(10) To lose the way she did, with quiet elan and sustained skill under intense pressure, leaving every sweat-drop of effort on court during two and a quarter hours against possibly the best player in the history of the women’s game – such a British defeat – was a victory in itself.
(11) Last year, aged 85, with provocatively typical elan, he suggested that a neutron bomb might prove a useful resolution of the situation in Afghanistan.
(12) Cary Grant himself could not have pulled off that bacon butty with elan.
(13) To my ears, DAB sounds worse than FM, even on the Elan, but my wife either didn't notice or didn't care whether I'd secretly switched the setting to FM.
(14) Should City’s fears about Kompany be confirmed, such attacking elan may be required.
(15) Kelner also admitted that Alton had edited the paper "throughout one of the most difficult periods of its history and has done so with elan, dedication, skill and his customary energy".
(16) Kelner added: "Roger has edited the Independent throughout one of the most difficult periods in its history and has done so with elan, dedication, skill and his customary energy.
(17) At one of the earliest debates, Carly confronted Donald Trump, a man who in his characteristic understatement said of her, ‘look at that face’ and every one of us remembers the grace, the class, the elan with which Carly responded.
(18) For all the claims of his detractors that Stewart is the epitome of East Coast elitism, there is more self-deprecating New Jersey grit here than arrogant Manhattan elan.
(19) Her conduct after the attack, bringing together this concert and hosting it with such elan, further underscores her maturity.
(20) I’m obviously pleased the UMP can now close the scars of the previous [leadership] election.” Later he added: “It’s now up to him to give the UMP the elan it needs and for that he will have to unify.
(n.) A species of large South African antelope (Oreas canna). It is valued both for its hide and flesh, and is rapidly disappearing in the settled districts; -- called also Cape elk.
(n.) The elk or moose.
(1) A study was carried out to determine the effect on the reproductive performance of female Glossina morsitans morsitans Westwood when allowed to feed, in vitro, for 63 days on fresh defibrinated blood of buffalo, bushbuck, cattle, eland, oryx, warthog, waterbuck or wildebeest.
(2) The course of experimental infection of a type SAT 1 FMDV strain was studied in buffalo, sable antelope and eland following tongue inoculation and contact and has been compared with that in cattle.
(3) The cattle recovered from the Theileria species (eland) were fully susceptible to a lethal challenge of a T. parva (Muguga) stabilate.
(4) Theileria infections were induced in cattle by feeding ticks on them from 3 sources: (a) adult rhipicephalid ticks obtained from the vegetation in a paddock containing an eland EAO at the Animal Orphanage, Nairobi National Park, Kenya, (b) Rhipicephalus appendiculatus adults fed as nymphs on the same eland, (c) R. pulchellus adults fed as nymphs on an eland W 68 captured in the Machakos district of Kenya.
(5) In contrast, attempts to transmit the Theileria of wildebeest and eland to cattle through rhipicephalid ticks failed, despite the establishment of these parasites of the ticks.
(6) Both eland were harbouring Theileria parasites at the time nymphal ticks were fed.
(7) Pronounced, disperse, chronic, multinodular folliculitis induced by this hair follicle inhabitant in the skin of eland, Taurotragus oryx, is described at the histological level.
(8) Two captive eland (Taurotragus oryx) were inoculated and their blood investigated as with the experimental buffalo.
(9) There is too much bureaucracy," said Ivan Eland, director of the Center on Peace & Liberty at The Independent Institute think-tank.
(10) Parasitological complex studies of the available eland stock (60 individuals) were first carried out.
(11) All methods gave comparable results thus confirming our previous findings (1) and those reported by Elander (2).
(12) The autopsy of animals have shown that five species of six species of nematodes and one species of cestodes are common parasites of ruminants of the Ukraine steppe zone and two species are specific parasites of eland.
(13) Experiments have been made on 4 elands at the age of 3--4 months, mean body weight 78 kg.
(14) The histomorphology of formalin-fixed micro and macrosarcosporidian cysts of Grant's, Thomson's gazelle, impala, wildebeest, Bubal hartebeest, Cape eland, red duiker, Kirk's dik-dik, defassa waterbuck, Bohor reedbuck, African buffalo, giraffe, warthog, and giant forest hog is described.
(15) However, 50% or more of helmeted guinea fowl and kudu from the Andries Vosloo Kudu Reserve; helmeted guinea fowl, scrub hares and eland (Taurotragus oryx) from the Mountain Zebra National Park; helmeted guinea fowl, kudu, domestic sheep, goats and cattle on the farm "Bucklands", and caracal (Felis caracal) from the Cradock and Southwell areas of the eastern Cape Province were infested with immature A. marmoreum.
(16) For ruminants (sheep, hartebeest, duiker and kob), excluding eland, given legumes the value was 8-6, and for sheep and duiker given herbs the value was 14-7.
(17) Application of various lipid solvents and dimethyl sulphoxide to the skin of cattle, sheep, eland and African buffalo exposed to an air temperature of 20 degrees C caused an increase in cutaneous moisture loss.
(18) Defassa waterbuck and eland exhibited discharges which were accompanied by a gradual rise in basal level.
(19) Buffalo may play a role in the epidemiology of babesiosis in cattle, while eland most likely do not.
(20) The experimental data indicate that the East African buffalo can be a carrier of Babesia bigemina for at least 5 months, while this parasite did not survive in eland.