(a.) Satisfying desire; giving content; adequate to meet the want; sufficient; -- usually, and more elegantly, following the noun to which it belongs.
(adv.) In a degree or quantity that satisfies; to satisfaction; sufficiently.
(adv.) Fully; quite; -- used to express slight augmentation of the positive degree, and sometimes equivalent to very; as, he is ready enough to embrace the offer.
(adv.) In a tolerable degree; -- used to express mere acceptableness or acquiescence, and implying a degree or quantity rather less than is desired; as, the song was well enough.
(n.) A sufficiency; a quantity which satisfies desire, is adequate to the want, or is equal to the power or ability; as, he had enough to do take care of himself.
(interj.) An exclamation denoting sufficiency, being a shortened form of it is enough.
(1) There are no oceans wide enough to stop us from dreaming.
(2) Enough with Clintonism and its prideful air of professional-class virtue.
(3) They retained the ability to make this discrimination when the coloured stimuli were placed against a background bright enough to saturate the rods.3.
(4) The cause has been innumerable "VIP movements", as journeys undertaken by those considered important enough for all other traffic to be held up, sometimes for hours, are described in South Asian bureaucratic speak.
(5) Ten weeks of iron therapy was not, however, long enough to increase iron stores.
(6) Jeremy Corbyn could learn a lot from Ken Livingstone | Hugh Muir Read more High-minded commentators will say that self-respect – as well as Burke’s dictum that MPs are more than delegates – should be enough to make members under pressure assert their independence.
(7) It is suggested that children may learn enough to satisfy their parents' expectations by this age or grade.
(8) The expectation of life at birth was only 30-35 years, but it was long enough to allow for children to be born and for the populations to expand.
(9) Sadler shook her head again when Cameron repeated the much-used statistic that enough water to fill Wembley Stadium three times was being pumped from the Levels each day.
(10) "Maybe dullness is associated with psychic pain," Wallace wrote at one point, "because something that's dull or opaque fails to provide enough stimulation to distract people from some other, deeper type of pain that is always there, if only in an ambient low-level way, and which most of us spend nearly all our time and energy trying to distract ourselves from."
(11) An effective gonadal shield should reduce the gonadal dose to a level low enough to preserve spermatogenesis in most patients.
(12) If you turn the bowl upside down, the whites should be stiff enough not to fall out.
(13) Those sort of year-to-year comparisons can be helpful to visualise changes in the market landscape, but in fast-changing markets it's not enough just to quote a single number.
(14) The results of the study suggest that perhaps tobramycin of cefotaxime-impregnated PMMA beads would produce local levels of antibiotic high enough to sterilize a given dead space for a period of 28 days.
(15) An average size chromomere of the polytene X chromosome of Drosophila melanogaster contains enough DNA in each haploid equivalent strand to code for 30 genes, each 1,000 nucleotides long.
(16) Furthermore, the AMDP-3 scale and its manual constitute a remarkable teaching instrument for psychopathology, not always enough appreciated.
(17) Such margins would be enough to put the first female president in the White House, but Democrats are guarding against complacency.
(18) On taking office Lansley admitted this was not a deep enough cut.
(19) He believes the intelligence and security committee (ISC) has enough powers to do its job.
(20) It's bad enough that they're so thin,” said Kilbourne.
(1) When you design something for a “beneficiary”, it may seem okay not to involve them centrally in the process.
(2) Okay, that number 8 ranking isn’t incredibly impressive but it’s much better than, say, settling for a NIT bid and then (hilariously) losing in the first round .
(3) From my understanding, at this point we are okay.” Waco Police spokesperson William Swanton speaks at a news conference early Thursday after an explosion at a fertilizer plant in the town of West, near Waco, Texas.
(4) I think it’s okay as a Catholic to get my guidance as a Catholic from the Pope but certainly not economic policy or environmental policy.” Trump has previously questioned the faith of another adversary, Ted Cruz, saying: “You gotta remember, in all fairness, to the best of my knowledge, not too many evangelicals come out of Cuba, OK?” Cruz’s father is an evangelical pastor who emigrated from Cuba, and the senator has pursued extremely religious voters throughout his campaign.
(5) Against Feyenoord we could think, ‘Okay, it’s a different profile of football but today against a typical Premier League team, ‘Micky’ could perform this way.
(6) Racism has been normalised in Sweden, it’s become okay to say the N-word,” she says, recounting how a man on the subway used the racial slur while shouting and telling her to hurry up.
(7) Everyone's okay it looks like, and it's not like Jackson needs it.
(8) He pauses a beat, and laughs, "Okay, I guess I have had my best revenge!"
(9) Blount gets them three on first down, the Patriots look like they're trying to take my advice here, and on second down Brady throws to (okay I'm going to blatantly cut-and-paste this one) Michael Hoomananawuni for15 yards.
(11) With the stodge and results-first defensiveness of the Verbeek and Osieck interregnums out of the way, it is finally okay to like to the Socceroos again.
(12) People who are building a service which I pay for with my privacy or money I'm quite okay with.
(13) Ray Allen got knocked about on that play but he seems okay.
(14) The Tigers will have to settle for a field goal... 2.39am GMT Florida State 3-14 Auburn, 11:09, 2nd quarter Nick Marshall and Tre Mason combine to get to the 50 and a first down (okay Marshall only got them one yard, but he helped!).
(15) I had to give myself permission to be okay with bottle-feeding for nutrition and still breastfed Layla for comfort, for both our sakes.
(16) 11.27pm BST Dodgers 0 - Cardinals 1, top of the 8th Okay, you can go to your bullpen but don't go full-Joe Maddon on us, Matheny.
(17) Email from Resins.Man, showing us it's always okay to be sentimental when it comes to baseball games i've only ever been to one baseball game........ ....at Fenway Park back in '79, and I remember it just like David Lengels photo, pillars, overhanging roof, pitch like a widescreen slot.
(18) Well, okay, maybe not for Don Zimmer, but world peace for like 99.999% of us.
(19) Megan Carpentier: I hoard SPF 70 like liquid gold I’m white even by the standards of white people: not only did I earn the nickname Caspar growing up (long before I went goth, thanks for asking), but in the summer of 1998, which I spent studying in Munich, three random Germans stopped me on the streets over July and August to ask if I was feeling okay because I was so pale.
(20) Every now and then I get wistful for when I was just a consumer of games because I can never have that back, but fortunately the love of the work is strong enough that I’m okay with that, and I’ve played so many life-changing games because I’m seeking them through the lens of a developer.