(1) But Lee is mostly just extremely fed up at the exclusion of sex workers’ voices from much of the conversation.
(2) After 4 wk, rats fed CCM had 23-25% more trabecular bone than rats fed CaCO3.
(3) Protein composition was determined in mesenteric lymph chylomicrons from fat-fed rats.
(4) Glucose metabolic rates during control and reperfusion were unchanged for hearts from fasted rats, but decreased for hearts from fed rats during reperfusion.
(5) The key warning from the Fed chair A summary of Bernanke's hearing Earlier... MPs in London quizzed the Bank of England on Libor.
(6) This was due to the fact that stale bread was fed ad lib, rather than concentrates.
(7) Adult nonpregnant female rhesus monkeys fed purified diets containing 100 or 4 ppm zinc for 1 yr were mated then studied through midgestation.
(8) Histopathological studies confirmed that mice fed 933cu-rev died from bilateral renal cortical tubular necrosis consistent with toxic insult, perhaps due to Shiga-like toxins.
(9) The patients had a high AP, consumed more alcohol, were more well-fed, older and consumed more refined carbohydrates per 1 kg bw and less cholesterol and vegetable protein.
(10) The antibody-hapten profiles revealed that the DNCB-fed animalss contained predominatly IgG2 in their serum by the time of their initial bleedings, whereas sensitized animals still contained a considerable proportion of more acidic antibodies having marked charge heterogeneity.
(11) Studies with liver mitochondria prepared from lactating hexachlorophene-fed rats showed a 50-75% inhibition of respiration with succinate as substrate.
(12) Male Sprague Dawley rats either trained (T, N = 9) for 11 wk on a rodent treadmill, remained sedentary, and were fed ad libitum (S, N = 8) or remained sedentary and were food restricted (pair fed, PF, N = 8) so that final body weights were similar to T. After training, T had significantly higher red gastrocnemius muscle citrate synthase activity compared with S and PF.
(13) Kidney DAAO activity was significantly higher in chicks fed either the DL-AA or .5 DL-AA diet as compared with the L-AA diet.
(14) A group of rats raised on D-P++ for 4 weeks were fed D-P- for 7 days after which they received 500 pmol of 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 [1,25(OH)2D3; SUPP] or an equal volume of the vehicle (ETH).
(15) Laboratory-reared Ixodes scapularis Say, Amblyomma americanum (L.), and Dermacentor variabilis (Say) were fed on New Zealand white rabbits experimentally infected with Borrelia burgdorferi (JDI strain).
(16) Several oilseed and legume protein products were fed to rats as the sole source of dietary protein, and in blends with cereals for the determination of protein efficiency ratio (PER) and biological availability of amino acids.
(17) Formula fed infants retained more nitrogen and gained weight faster.
(18) The onset of vitamin A deficiency had no effect on oviduct growth in these chicks; even though vitamin A-deficient chicks showed a severe decline in growth rate while controls (fed the same diet supplemented with retinyl palmitate) continued to grow, estrogen stimulated resulted in similar oviduct size.
(19) In Experiment 1 (summer), hens regained body weight more rapidly, returned to production faster, and had larger egg weights (Weeks 1 to 4) when fed the 16 or 13% CP molt diets than when fed the 10% CP molt diet.
(20) The renal response to aldosterone, measured by urinary sodium and potassium excretion, was determined in adrenalectomized rats that had been previously fed either a high potassium diet or a control diet.
(n.) A free and gratuitous right to lands made to one for service to be performed by him; a tenure where the vassal, in place of military services, makes a return in grain or in money.
(1) Essential traits of this personality are an independent mind capable of liberating itself from dogmatic tenets universally accepted by the scientific community; the capacity and courage to look at things from a new angle; powers of combination, intuition and imagination; feu sacré and perseverance--in short, intellectual as well as moral qualities.
(2) Red cell fraction chemiluminescence was examined in quantum metric equipment with FEU-39A and FEU-140 radiation detectors sensitive to the visible and UV regions.
(3) Per fer més ràpid el procés de verificació de les imatges, us demanem que envieu l’arxiu original, sense modificacions, de les fotografies que feu amb càmera o smartphone.
(4) His friend declared it the best pot-au-feu he had ever tasted and wrote as much in his magazine.
(5) To obtain the knowledge for which we have already paid, we must surrender our feu to the lairds of learning.
(6) The interaction of the ton A, ton B, and feu functions apparently permits quite different "substrates" to overcome the permeability barrier of the outer membrane.
(7) The stew began as an oxtail pot-au-feu from which he discarded the vegetables and bouquet garni and set aside the meat.
(8) We must abandon any notion of ourselves as sophisticated cosmopolitan types with a taste for pot au feu and Iberico ham.
(9) Iron complexed by enterochelin is only transported in the presence of the ton B and feu functions.
(10) The pot-au-feu became Olney's calling card, granting him entry to some of the most august kitchens in Paris and leading to a revolutionary column in Cuisine et Vins de France : "Un Americain (Gourmand) à Paris: le Menu de Richard Olney".
(11) Cells which have lost the feu function are resistant to the colicins B, I or V while ton B mutants are resistant to all 3 colicins.
(12) They serve this Portuguese pot au feu at Tony’s (around €20pp plus wine, Largo da Igreja), where portions are big enough to floor a hungry hobbit.
(13) "Les petits plats qui mijotent au coin du feu is a phrase that is used like a word, and it rarely fails to garnish a conversation about food… It means 'slow cooking stews' but it symbolises 'the good life' and somewhere, shadow-like, behind its words lies a half-remembered state of voluptuous, total wellbeing ( 'Là, tout n'est qu'ordre et beauté, luxe, calme et volupté' )."
(14) It's designated a boring foreign gravy train and consigned to grey oblivion; like, it would seem, 10 years of Nigel dinners at the Pierre Bois et Feu and sundry munching spots, with or without female company.