(n.) One who strolls about aimlessly; a lounger; a loafer.
(1) Not least when PSG aren’t just walking it in Ligue 1, they’re strolling, flaneur ing their way to another room-temperature domestic title, with seven league goals conceded away from home all season, territory and possession dominated each week.
(2) Even if the city had pavements (it doesn’t), flaneurs would still find it unappealing on account of the heat and humidity.
(n.) One who idles; one who spends his time in inaction; a lazy person; a sluggard.
(n.) One who has constant day duties on board ship, and keeps no regular watch.
(n.) An idle wheel or pulley. See under Idle.
(1) Her fourth album, The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than the Driver of the Screw and Whipping Cords Will Serve You More Than Ropes Will Ever Do, was released earlier this year.
(2) T., Idler, W. W., Roop, D. R., and Steinert, P. M. (1987) J. Biol.
(3) The Idler Academy , an offshoot of the magazine which offers courses in everything from philosophy to ukulele playing, has announced the shortlist for its 2014 Bad Grammar award, set up to highlight "the incorrect use of English by people and institutions who should know better".
(4) The latter is "a great place if you're under three or over 53; shite if you're anywhere in between," said Dan Kieran, deputy editor of the Idler, who launched the hunt for crapness last year on the magazine's website.
(5) A., Mehrel, T., Idler, W. W., Roop, D. R., and Steinert, P. M. (1987) J. Biol.
(6) She returned to the stage earlier this year, appearing at SXSW and subsequently releasing The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than the Driver of the Screw and Whipping Cords Will Serve You More Than Ropes Will Ever Do.
(7) Previews of some of the diatribes on the Idler website have not completely upset targets, however, with even the Top Crap Town, Hull, pointing out that the survey is not all bad.
(8) In fairness to the five Tory MPs who first pricked the bubble, via leaked excerpts from their forthcoming book arguing that we're not the nation of champions we had giddily begun imagining but "among the worst idlers of the world", this wasn't quite the plan.
(9) As for the politicians' "third-generation" perma-idlers, these are on the critically endangered list – if not entirely fictional.
(10) Updated at 5.50pm BST 5.39pm BST Amid lots of yelping and squealing by idlers on the side of the road, the riders toddle around Versailles.
(11) The passage, red meat for phone-ins and columnists ever since, argued less politely for an improvement in our national work ethic: "The British are among the worst idlers in the world.
(12) The woman who would go on to become employment minister co-wrote a book attacking Britons as “ among the worst idlers in the world ”.
(13) The MPs – Kwasi Kwarteng, Priti Patel, Dominic Raab, Chris Skidmore and Elizabeth Truss – say: "Once they enter the workplace, the British are among the worst idlers in the world.
(14) Britons are among "the worst idlers" in the world preferring a "lie-in to hard work", according to group of rising stars of the Tory party, who have advocated a tough set of work reforms in a new book.
(15) Additionally, as Polly Toynbee has pointed out ( Opinion , 23 February), Priti Patel – the employment minister and a leading Brexit advocate – has castigated British workers as “the worst idlers in the world”.
(16) "Arguing that working Britons are 'the worst idlers in the world' is deeply insulting.
(17) That didn't stop him from leaping into a backward shuffle, startling nearby idlers, when a popular Azonto track began playing from the speakers.
(18) They employ stepper motor actuated roller and idler wheel drives to move the probes.
(19) More recently, disruption of a P-450-encoding sequence (eryF) in the region of ermE, the erythromycin resistance gene of S. erythraea, produced a 6-deoxyerythronolide B hydroxylation-deficient mutant (J. M. Weber, J. O. Leung, S. J. Swanson, K. B. Idler, and J.
(20) Priti Patel, employment minister and coming Brexit star, co-authored Britannia Unchained, castigating British workers as “the worst idlers in the world”.