(1) A total of 28 cell lines were selected for Geneticin - resistance and inoculated into the footpads of syngeneic animals following co-transfection with pSV2neo and genomic DNA, or transfection with plasmid constructs containing neo and the activated Ha-ras oncogene.
(2) Four hundred mice were innouclated in the hind footpads with 10(8) organisms.
(3) The DTH responses were induced by subcutaneous injection of allogeneic epidermal cells (ECs) and were assayed by footpad swelling.
(4) The delayed footpad reaction to CRBC was significantly augmented by treatment with OK-432.
(5) In the second experiment, 2 antisera to mouse NGF were given daily into the footpad for 11 or 12 d; control animals were given normal goat serum.
(6) 1218) induced an increasing infection in the liver, spleen, and lungs of the THXB mice, and the infection eventually spread to the opposite footpad and to the tail skin.
(7) Cellularity and intensity of RNA synthesis in the popliteal lymph nodes of mice treated with different types of antigen injected subcutaneously into the hind footpads were followed.
(8) While the cytotoxicity suppressed in tumor-bearing rats was not restored by levamisole, delayed footpad reaction and antibody production were enhanced as compared with the normal reaction, or were restored to normal levels by levamisole, respectively.
(9) GO is immunogenic and stimulates the formation of large numbers of GOBC in the popliteal lymph nodes after injection with adjuvant into the footpads of mice, but 1-mg doses injected IV or IP are lethal because of its enzymatic activity, which causes hypoglycemia and methemoglobinemia.
(10) When immunized animals were footpad tested with MAN, highly significant delayed-type hypersensitivity (DH) responses were detected.
(11) The kinetics and compartmentalization of this anti-idiotypic responsiveness was studied by vaccinating rats in the hind footpads and monitoring the proliferative reactivity of the draining popliteal lymph node (PLN) and distal cervical lymph node (CLN) cells at various times.
(12) The plateau for growth in the footpads of intact mice occurred 4 months after inoculation, whereas in the thymectomized and thymetocomized plus antilymphocyte serum-treated groups the plateau occurred between months 11 and 12 after inoculation.
(13) Using 13762 carcinoma in F344 rats, and Walker carcinoma in Wistar rats, 20 X 10(6) tumor cells were injected into the footpad, and the ipsilateral popliteal lymph node examined by transmission electron microscopy.
(14) This knowledge was applied to the design of experiments using rats inoculated in the footpads with M. leprae.
(15) Cells from draining lymph nodes of mice sensitized with oxazolone 18 h previously were able to induce contact sensitivity to normal mice when administered in their footpads.
(16) An experimental model of inflammatory eye disease, experimental autoimmune uveitis (EAU), was established by injecting rats in the footpad with S-antigen in complete Freund's adjuvant.
(17) CRF, unlike SEA, SEA glycoproteins, or purified MEG, is incapable of eliciting delayed footpad swelling in egg-sensitized mice or of inducing granulomatous hypersensitivity, when given at amounts equivalent to or higher than MEG by protein or carbohydrate content.
(18) Although in vitro translation experiments with polyA+-RNA from adult tail and footpad epidermis consistently failed to reveal the 70-kDa protein among the translation products, we obtained evidence using a specific cDNA clone that, in vivo, the protein is encoded by a discrete mRNA.
(19) A cytotoxic response to murine cytomegalovirus (MCMV) was obtained by the culture of lymph node cells from mice inoculated with MCMV into both hind footpads 7 days previously.
(20) Compared with the conventional vaccine, this new vaccine caused less swelling in the mouse footpad test.
(n.) A rope, chain, or rod attached to anything to steady it; as: a rope to steady or guide an object which is being hoisted or lowered; a rope which holds in place the end of a boom, spar, or yard in a ship; a chain or wire rope connecting a suspension bridge with the land on either side to prevent lateral swaying; a rod or rope attached to the top of a structure, as of a derrick, and extending obliquely to the ground, where it is fastened.
(v. t.) To steady or guide with a guy.
(n.) A grotesque effigy, like that of Guy Fawkes, dressed up in England on the fifth of November, the day of the Gunpowder Plot.
(n.) A person of queer looks or dress.
(v. t.) To fool; to baffle; to make (a person) an object of ridicule.
(1) Guy Jobbins, a Cairo-based British water scientist who heads Canada's International Development Research Centre climate change adaptation programme for Africa, says understanding of the issue has rocketed in the past few years.
(2) The guy upstairs, I heard he was maybe affiliated with Islamic Jihad, but he wasn't there.
(3) They had to be seen as the good guys, and not as either this administration or that administration.” Comey left the justice department in 2005 for Lockheed Martin, the largest military contractor in the US, and eventually an investment firm and Columbia Law School.
(4) While the Spielberg of popular myth is Mr Nice Guy, Lean was known as an obsessive, cantankerous tyrant who didn't much like actors and was only truly happy locked away in the editing suite.
(5) If you’ve been to a red brick university in the past 10 years then chances are you know the guy.
(6) As for Scotland Soccer Club, Altidore's deputy at franchise level, Steven Fletcher, is gonna be the guy that the hosts will look to kick the soccer ball in to the soccer goal interior.
(7) "This is the guy we've all seen in Borders or HMV on a Friday afternoon, possibly after a drink or two, tie slightly undone, buying two CDs, a DVD and maybe a book - fifty quid's worth - and frantically computing how he's going to convince his partner that this is a really, really worthwhile investment."
(8) Opposition spokesman Matthew Guy said it was unclear how the government intended to fund the project given the federal government was yet to come to the table.
(9) How many other countries celebrate Guy Fawkes Night?
(10) The Fed is also painting itself as one of the Good Guys in the Libor scandal, pointing out that it spotted the problems in 2008, and promptly tipped off the Brits.
(11) "While the country is sunk in misery, families are ruined and children are growing up in poverty, this guy turns up and we pay €91m for him.
(12) Davenport, possibly in a fit of pique at having been knocked out, said playing Mauresmo was like 'playing a guy'.
(13) He laughs: "I've had a few guys buck up against me, but that's all right because some of us enjoy the bucking."
(14) There are three kinds of motivation: the intrinsic motivation which means the guy is naturally demanding of himself that he wants to be the best, and he has always that inner dissatisfaction with what he has achieved.
(15) He's the sort of guy who takes form every experience something good and uses it in the future.
(16) It seems to have brought his own beliefs into sharper focus: "Watching the film, and I've seen many cuts, I'm a guy who fights the idea of heaven but what I do respect is that there is a greater power than anything we understand, and for me the film is about that.
(17) If I’m the bad guy because I’m not the guy they want me to be, then so be it.” Over the last year he resolved his promotional woes in court and has since signed with Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sports – along with Miguel Cotto the nascent sports agency’s highest-profile signing in boxing.
(18) Jenny Lewis - Just One Of The Guys [Official Music Video] Oh boy!
(19) Still, he reiterates that he'd never heard of "this guy," Mayor Sokolich, until yesterday.
(20) Romney contends the president is a nice guy who has failed to make things better.