(n.) A species of cherry tree common in Europe (Prunus avium); also, the fruit, which is usually small and dark in color.
(n.) A seine. See Seine.
(1) My colleague Sean Farrell reported last night that the Scottish government had been looking for a buyer for the site .
(2) "The performance of Italy and France kind of puts Ireland's heroic non-qualification in context," suggests Sean DeLoughry, giving everyone pause for thought.
(3) Ivanka Trump thinks she is in Beauty and the Beast: more like Macbeth | Jill Abramson Read more Later in the day, the White House spokesman, Sean Spicer, said Trump was due to visit Siemens’ Technische Akademie, a vocational training college, and US architect Peter Eisenmann’s Holocaust memorial.
(4) SJ Burnley Ins Michael Keane (Man Utd, £2m) Outs None Sean Dyche’s aim was to retain Danny Ings at all costs and secure more Premier League experience.
(5) 1.25pm: Hello again from Sean Ingle from Johannesburg.
(6) An officer with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology police, Sean Collier, 26, was identified as the victim of a shooting at the university amid a manhunt for the Boston bombing suspects.
(7) Margaret Finch and Sean Mcloughlin Directors, TRP solicitors, Birmingham
(8) Labor party top 10 The Labor party benefited from a $150,000 donation from tech entrepreneur Sean Tomlinson.
(9) In that speech, Wright suggested that Manning was “overwhelmed” that the Sean MacBride award had recognized “her actions as actions for peace.” Yet the former soldier insists that she has never perceived her actions in transmitting more than 700,000 classified US classified documents to WikiLeaks in 2010-11 as an act for peace.
(10) Spotify has been courting established artists for some time, with Metallica’s Lars Ulrich famously buddying up with Spotify investor Sean Parker on-stage at the announcement of his band’s exclusive deal in December 2012.
(11) Should such negotiations founder, Burnley’s Sean Dyche also has his admirers in the Stadium of Light’s boardroom.
(12) He absolutely can win,” says Sean Lavelle, who has brought a battered American flag bandanna and two T-shirts to the party.
(13) During the hearing, Gutiérrez was cross-examined by the football club’s lawyer, Sean Jones, who alleged that he was “just in it for the money”.
(14) The 16 people named in the charges are: Patricia Quinn; Sean Quinn Junior; Collete Marie Quinn; Aoife Quinn; Brenda Quinn; Ciara Quinn; Paddy McKillen; Séamus Ross; Brian O'Farrell; John McCabe; Gerard Maguire; Patrick Kearney; Gerard Conlon; Gerard Gannon; Seán Reilly and Joseph O'Reilly.
(15) "They found Sean's body and pulled it out but he was no longer responsive.
(16) Sean Ingle Wimbledon No one has broken Roger Federer’s serve at these championships, let alone taken a set, and the appreciative midsummer murmurs from No1 Court as the seven-times Wimbledon champion elegantly dissected Tommy Robredo suggested they believe he retains the game to win a record eighth title.
(17) In Virginia, County Cavan, on Monday a forklift truck in the town's main street held up a giant poster saying: "Welcome home, Sean Quinn."
(18) This is the most pathetic thing I’ve seen in my whole time in the United States Senate … I think they ought to stop posturing and acting like idiots.” Sean Spicer , the White House press secretary, branded the Democrats’ actions “embarrassing”.
(19) Finally, Guardian sports reporter turned ace observationalist Josh Widdicombe has the ability to find the sparkle in the mundane that puts him in line to become the next Sean Lock.
(20) Photograph: Guardian The US Department of Justice announced on Wednesday that its civil rights division and the FBI would review the case for potential federal charges against Sean Williams, the police officer who shot Crawford in the Beavercreek store on the evening of 5 August.