(n.) A female god; a divinity, or deity, of the female sex.
(n.) A woman of superior charms or excellence.
(1) A pony-tailed local businessman, Hall rose to prominence during the referendum campaign when he used a reconditioned Green Goddess fire engine to distribute pro-independence literature.
(2) "We are not victims, we are adventurous sex goddesses!"
(3) The narrative drivers are pretty slack – improbable dialogue ("I'm a very wealthy man, Miss Steele, and I have expensive and absorbing hobbies"); lame characterisation; irritating tics (a constant war between Steele's "subconscious", which is always fainting or putting on half-moon glasses, and her "inner goddess", who is forever pouting and stamping); and an internal monologue that goes like this … "Holy hell, he's hot!
(4) The goddess Diana and her nymphs are bathing in a woodland pool when the hunter Actaeon chances by.
(5) Crowley, adds Breeze, “was many things and excelled at most: a record-setting mountaineer, a competition-level chess player, the best metrical poet of his generation in the estimation of some, a literary critic of international reputation, an innovative editor and book designer, a pioneer in the use of entheogens, and a lion of sexual liberation – he was above all a lover, of men, women, gods, goddesses and himself”.
(6) The temple itself was built in the 5th century BC by the city-state of Athens for Athena, its patron goddess, and it housed the tribute the Athenians received from the other city-states subject to them: hardly a symbol of Greek democracy or fellow-feeling.
(7) Such joie de vivre, coupled with such accomplishment, makes her a goddess.
(8) Placed in the foundation of the temple of the fertility goddess, its 21 lines call on those who find the temple to honor the king's name.
(9) "This is my England," Clifford said, vibrating with the bitch-goddess Success, as the gamekeeper tended his chicks.
(10) In the past three weeks alone she has performed on The Late Show With David Letterman , given a MOMA benefit, staged by Chanel and attended by David Bowie in honour of Tilda Swinton ("a real hero of mine," she tells me, " the woman is a goddess"), topped Time magazine's list of the world's most influential teenagers and signed a $2.5m publishing deal .
(11) I’m very proud of them.” Sitting in his chambers between a bust of Winston Churchill and a statuette of the Goddess of Democracy, the symbol of the 1989 Tiananmen Square protests, Lee remembers strolling through the umbrella movement’s main camp, a sprawl of tents and political debate, three days before police finally cleared it, in December 2015.
(12) The British public is accustomed to the sight of celebrity chefs competing for column inches, TV airtime and prime bookshelf space, but yesterday new battlelines were drawn as domestic goddess Nigella Lawson launched her iPhone app, putting her in direct competition with Jamie Oliver.
(13) As a priority it will deal with the deployment of army-staffed Green Goddess fire engines.
(14) Other photographers in the show include Eugene von Bruenchenhein, who was inspired by wartime images of Rita Hayworth and Betty Grable to take thousands of photographs of his wife in poses from domestic goddess to Hollywood pin-up; and Lee Godie, who lived homeless on the streets of Chicago and used photo booths to capture herself in almost endlessly different guises.
(15) There are chapters – when one of the Pleiades comes to earth or Mary Poppins is hailed as a goddess at the zoo – which sound as if they could have been written by the theosophist Madame Blavatsky on a particularly dotty day.
(16) The ceremony had a bogus feel but, dressed in that clinging material the Athenian sculptors rendered so miraculously in marble, the virgins of Vesta the goddess of fire really did look as though they had served as caryatids or just stepped from an ancient frieze.
(17) It offers a rare chance to see films from Shanghai's 1930s golden age: classics such as 1948's Spring In a Small Town , which has been compared with the works of Ozu and Antonioni, or the 1934 silent movie The Goddess , starring screen heroine Ruan Lingyu – both of which have recently been restored and received like long-lost relatives by Chinese audiences.
(18) After Tony and his shiny head did the dirty with Tracy Barlow, the goddess of pure evil, Liz went straight into a rebound fling with Dan, a man so slimy he glistens.
(19) His painting of a nude Hindu goddess, Saraswati, became the target of protests in 1996.
(20) All photos: City of Errors Athens got its name from Athena, the goddess of war and wisdom, which is itself a contradiction.
(n.) The principal or ruling evil spirit.
(n.) A female demon who torments people in sleep by crouching on their chests or stomachs, or by causing terrifying visions.
(n.) The Patagonian cavy (Dolichotis Patagonicus).
(1) (“The Dynasty of Bush” sounds like a terribly disparaging term for Linda Evans, Kate O’Mara and Joan Collins .
(2) From one phasmid, several marA-containing fragments were cloned: those of greater than or equal to 7.8 kbp restored the ability to form Mar mutants in a deletion strain.
(3) Insertion of Tn5 into marA (min 34.05 on the chromosome) led to a return of the wild-type patterns of norfloxacin accumulation, fluoroquinolone and other antimicrobial agent susceptibilities, and outer membrane protein profile, including partial restoration of OmpF.
(4) O'Mara also asked the jurors about when they thought self-defense could be used.
(5) Emily ( Rooney Mara ), a young woman being treated by Banks for depression, threatens to move to another doctor if Banks doesn't give her the course of treatment she wants.
(6) The deletion strain could be complemented in trans by introduction of intact marA+ on plasmid F'506.
(7) There may be lingering doubts over whether Meryl Streep , Viola Davis or outside bet Rooney Mara will claim the Academy Award for best actress later this month, and no-one is absolutely certain if Jean Dujardin , George Clooney or Gary Oldman will be picking up the equivalent male gong at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood.
(8) Amblyomma cohaerens nymphs, which had been collected as engorged larvae from African buffalo (Syncerus caffer) in the Mara region of Kenya, transmitted a theilerial parasite to a steer.
(9) Mara And Dann, An Adventure, is published by Flamingo at £16.99 Life at a glance Doris May Lessing Born: October 22, 1919; Kermanshahan, Persia (now Iran).
(10) Before his election, he worked as an event organiser and, before that, as a press, parliamentary and campaigns officer for a national disability rights charity.“Having a disability can make us more passionate, resilient, empathetic and hard working,” O’Mara said in an interview last year.
(11) Asked if Zimmerman was scared for his future, O'Mara said: "I think he's going to be great, I think he's still worried and hopefully everyone will respect the jury's verdict as they should and most have said they will, and we'll take it day by day.
(12) Numerous media have followed, including one conservative publication that’s gone as far as to blame the environmental plans of the province’s new leftist government, but there’s no evidence to support this, says Mara Grunau of Canada’s Centre for Suicide Prevention director.
(13) O'Mara, however, argued successfully that the science behind their testimony failed to meet Florida's stringent legal standards and Judge Nelson ordered that neither expert could take the stand during the trial because it would "confuse issues [and] mislead the jury".
(14) Lisa Nandy, who chairs the parliamentary group on corporate responsibility, said the North Mara mine had 'a major problem'.
(15) "What I find most inspiring is how she expresses her sensuality," says Mara Carlyle, who made one of last year's most critically lauded albums, Floreat.
(16) Nymphal Rhipicephalus appendiculatus (Trans-Mara) were fed on a steer infected with a Theileria parva parva (Kilae 1) stock isolated from an indigenous steer in the Trans-Mara Division, Kenya, which had a high piroplasm parasitaemia.
(17) Prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda objected multiple times during O'Mara's line of questioning, eventually leading to Judge Debra Nelson to twice read what will be the jury instruction once the final jury is selection.
(18) Fan ire over casting – the movie features Miles Teller as Mr Fantastic, Kate Mara as Invisible Woman, Michael B Jordan as The Human Torch and Jamie Bell as The Thing – would appear to be a storm in a superhero tea cup.
(19) We will be delving into [the report], we will be reviewing that to see what is in there is accurate, which is inaccurate, which is a misstatement, which are examples that may be factual, may not be factual.” “Other parts of the country have shown outrage at this type of behavior by police,” said Mara Brown of Cleveland, an emergency medical technician, “but Cleveland has a history of using many types of devices – from the business leaders ignoring things to control of the media to political leaders favoring the status quo – to keep things quiet.” At the grocery store in Cleveland’s Glenville neighborhood where Jones was killed hardly anyone was around on Monday afternoon.
(20) It started with a week's safari in the Masai Mara, where they saw zebras, wildebeest and a cheetah with her spiky-haired cub.