(1) I provoked him to get his attention.” In the memoir, Jones says that she felt that she had to be “perfect” for Goude – wasn’t that a burden?
(2) No, I feel – finally you did what you wanted to do, and that’s great.” She was less impressed when Goude photographed Kim Kardashian last year in a recreation of a celebrated image he took of model Carolina Beaumont in 1976, of her balancing a champagne glass on her posterior : “I understood his reasons.
(3) When I try to be delicate, and say I’m sure she didn’t provoke Goude as such, and that it wouldn’t have mattered even if she had, as it was up to him to control his reaction – she says cheerfully: “Oh, I did provoke him.
(4) Although we are divorced in our view.” Jones seems to have remained on good terms with Goude, even though their relationship sounded extremely fiery and mutually dysfunctional – at times both of them provoking each other to violence.
(5) But Charles Ble Goude, leader of the youth wing of Gbagbo's party, said the ICC was the ideal stage to undermine Ouattara's credibility.
(6) 1982 Jones selects tracks for One Man Show, a 47-minute performance artwork devised with her lover, the photographer Jean-Paul Goude.
(7) Before long, Jean Paul Goude will have dismembered more women than Jack the Ripper.
(8) Dating white men (including Goude, actor Dolph Lundgren, and Hurricane producer Ivor Guest) also brought Jones criticism from sections of the black community.
(9) Amazing that Goude finds women so willing to be redesigned by him, to comply with his fantasies.
(10) I took it on as a burden because I loved him so much – I should have just said ‘Fuck you!’” I tell Jones that I flinched reading about her doing pushups straight after birth to prove a point to Goude (she also went water-skiing with Blackwell).
(11) Along with her fellow campaigner Karen Goude, she meets me at a town-centre hotel, where the two of them explain their view of what has happened here, making repeated reference to the eastern European people they call "EEs".
(12) Paper magazine’s winter issue, with the cover shot of Kim Kardashian by Jean-Paul Goude, set out to #BreakTheInternet.
(13) Gbagbo's youth leader, Charles Ble Goude, has warned Alassane Ouattara, the internationally recognised election winner, and his supporters to "pack up their bags" and leave their base at the Golf Hotel in Abidjan.
(14) The title was taken from a lyric from a song, Art Groupie , which Jones wrote after a fight with her then lover, French artist Jean-Paul Goude (the father of her only child, son Paulo), with whom she collaborated on some of her most famous images (including her face shattered into elongated pieces, her eyes blazing alien-yellow , her leg tilted back at an impossible angle).
(15) The central beta sheet does not favor an amphipathic distribution of the residues as found for salmon calcitonin [Motta, A., Castiglione Morelli, M. A., Goud, N., & Temussi, P. A.
(16) It encompasses Jones’s traumatic Jamaican childhood; emigration to America; early days of modelling (with Hall and Jessica Lange); being a fashion muse for everyone from Issey Miyake to Jean Paul Gaultier; music (the early disco years, the renowned Compass Point sessions, Slave to the Rhythm , Hurricane , and more); visual art collaborations (Goude, Andy Warhol, Keith Haring, and others); and the somewhat patchy Hollywood career, including the James Bond film, A View to a Kill (Jones blames Goude for talking her out of doing Blade Runner ).
(17) Blue Telusma, writing for the Grio, took a more nuanced view : “Those of you saying that Kim Kardashian needs to put on some clothes simply because she is a mother also need to sip a big champagne glass of ‘Girl, Bye!’ Because this antiquated idea that mothers are not allowed to celebrate their sexuality is ridiculous and naive.” But she went on to question the racial undertones in the photograph’s history and the iconography of Jean-Paul Goude.
(18) Jean-Paul Goude, a pop culture legend in his own right , with work in the Louvre and several iconic images under his belt, was able to make you stare at one of the world’s most photographed women as if for the first time.
(19) Some have long taken issue with Goude’s obsession with black women, as documented in his uncomfortably titled 1979 book, Jungle Fever .
(20) Goude has now moved on to his next fantasy, there's no affair yet – "I'm in transit".
(n.) An herbaceous cruciferous plant (Isatis tinctoria). It was formerly cultivated for the blue coloring matter derived from its leaves.
(n.) A blue dyestuff, or coloring matter, consisting of the powdered and fermented leaves of the Isatis tinctoria. It is now superseded by indigo, but is somewhat used with indigo as a ferment in dyeing.
(1) N.m.r.-, magnetic-c.d.- and e.p.r.-spectroscopic studies of oxidized and reduced cytochrome f from charlock, rape and woad are reported.
(2) Well, most people outside Ukip’s woad-wearing tendency and the wilder shores of Tory little Englanderism can probably say yes to that.