(superl.) Having the color of grass when fresh and growing; resembling that color of the solar spectrum which is between the yellow and the blue; verdant; emerald.
(superl.) Having a sickly color; wan.
(superl.) Full of life aud vigor; fresh and vigorous; new; recent; as, a green manhood; a green wound.
(superl.) Not ripe; immature; not fully grown or ripened; as, green fruit, corn, vegetables, etc.
(superl.) Not roasted; half raw.
(superl.) Immature in age or experience; young; raw; not trained; awkward; as, green in years or judgment.
(superl.) Not seasoned; not dry; containing its natural juices; as, green wood, timber, etc.
(n.) The color of growing plants; the color of the solar spectrum intermediate between the yellow and the blue.
(n.) A grassy plain or plat; a piece of ground covered with verdant herbage; as, the village green.
(n.) Fresh leaves or branches of trees or other plants; wreaths; -- usually in the plural.
(n.) pl. Leaves and stems of young plants, as spinach, beets, etc., which in their green state are boiled for food.
(n.) Any substance or pigment of a green color.
(v. t.) To make green.
(v. i.) To become or grow green.
(1) Vertical gratings are tinged with green and horizontal gratings with pink.
(2) A spokesman for the Greens said that the party was “disappointed” with the decision and would be making representations to both the BBC and BBC Trust .
(3) Seven males have been observed carrying both inherited tritan and red-green defects.
(4) It contains 10,000 apartments so far, in blocks that might appear Soviet but for shades of blue, green and yellow.
(5) The birds were maintained at a constant temperature in, dim green light.
(6) Since 1887, winter green is claimed to have caused dermatitis and to have been responsible for "idiosyncrasy".
(7) Cameron famously broke with the past, and highlighted his green credentials, by posing with huskies on a visit to Svalbard in the Norwegian Arctic in 2006.
(8) The deep green people who have an issue with the language of natural capital are actually making the same jump from value to commodification that they state that they don’t want ... They’ve equated one with the other,” he says.
(9) James Cameron, vice-chairman of Climate Change Capital , an environmental investment group, and a member of the prime minister's Business Advisory Group , says: "I think the UK has, in essence, become a better place for green investors.
(10) Calves were tagged in the right ear with the green certified preconditioned for health (CPH) tag of the American Association of Bovine Practitioners.
(11) Ukip and the Greens are beneficiaries of this new political reality – as, arguably, is the SNP as it prepares to invade Labour’s heartland in Scotland next May.
(12) "She was a beautiful woman, she had beautiful, deep green eyes.
(13) In Humbo in Ethiopia , FMNR has re-greened 2,800 hectares: springs, dry for 30 years, are flowing again.
(14) Subjects with high ocular-dominance scores (right- or left-dominant subjects) showed for the green stimulus asymmetric behavior, while subjects with low ocular-dominance scores showed a tendency toward symmetry in perception.
(15) "We have concerns that a potential buyer looking at a property may not value the improvements carried out under Green Deal and may not want to pay for them," a mortgage industry source told the Observer .
(16) The move was confirmed by a Lib Dem aide, who said Tory claims to be green were "already a lame duck and are now dead in the water".
(17) One is the right not to be impeded when they are going to the House of Commons to vote, which may partly explain why the police decided to arrest Green and raid his offices last week on Thursday, when the Commons was not sitting.
(18) The green fund contributions already announced (which include a $3bn pledge by the US and a $1.5bn pledge by Japan revealed during the G20 summit) “show very clearly that if we want the emerging countries and the more fragile countries to participate in this global growth, we have to ... support them,” Hollande said.
(19) The supporters – many of them wearing Hamas green headbands and carrying Hamas flags – packed the open-air venue in rain and strong winds to celebrate the Islamist organisation's 25th anniversary and what it regards as a victory in last month's eight-day war with Israel.
(20) But in the rush to design it, Girardet wonders if the finer details of waste disposal and green power were lost.
(n.) Everything that grows, and bears a green leaf, within the forest; as, to preserve vert and venison is the duty of the verderer.
(n.) The right or privilege of cutting growing wood.
(n.) The color green, represented in a drawing or engraving by parallel lines sloping downward toward the right.
(1) The VERT VOR time constant was marginally affected by the deficit.
(2) At the Montenvers railway turn right and zigzag easily up the extra 150m to grab great views of the pinnacles of the Aiguille Verte at 4,122m, Les Drus and the Mer de Glace (sea of ice).
(3) HOR and VERT VOR gain was within normal limits 1-3 months following an acute paralysis; time constants required a longer recovery period.
(4) An End the Omertà petition, which criticises an alleged Mafia-style code of silence around harassment, was published on the front page of the daily Libération on Tuesday after the MP Denis Baupin resigned as deputy parliamentary speaker following allegations made against him by women in his Europe Écologie Les Verts (EELV) party.
(5) The quality of life here would be inconceivable in Paris or London,” says Gosset, head of R&D at Santé Verte, a food supplements specialist.
(6) 2) The Vert's values of the BA-NA ratio profilograms in each age group based on the data of 9-year olds tended to decrease as age increased.
(7) Algeria have taken the opposite tack to South Korea's toffee pelters , the press lauding Les Verts as heroes and shuffling together a petition to persuade Vahid Halilhodzic to stay on as coach, as Rob Bleaney reports : The Algerian coach is set to leave his position after the tournament, having endured a long-running battle with some sections of the media.
(8) Sandrine Rousseau, 44, an economist and spokesperson for the Green party, Europe Écologie Les Verts (EELV), told an investigation by Mediapart and France Inter radio that during a party meeting, Baupin had cornered her in a corridor, pinned her against the wall, held her breasts and tried to kiss her by force.
(9) Of 102 members of two families living in the Baie Verte Peninsula, Newfoundland, 39 were found to have familial hyperlipoproteinemia.
(10) The three other candidates from the far left Parti de Gauche, Europe Ecologie Les Verts and the far-right Front National would trail behind with scores failing to reach double figures in the final round, according to the poll.
(11) And Alex Connell, principal tutor at the Vegetarian Society's cookery school, Cordon Vert, is currently helping students to discover the Caribbean, and its novel use of fresh chilli, spices and sweet ingredients: "It's a good source of new and interesting ingredients, like ackee, callaloo, cassareep and breadfruit."
(12) Our results indicate that a unilateral deficit causes a markedly different alteration for HOR VOR dynamics compared to the effect on VERT VOR.
(13) The effect of this type of unilateral deficit on VOR gain and long time constant were determined as well as the time course of the compensation processes for HOR and VERT VOR dynamics.
(14) Eleven cases of ischemic heart disease with or without myocardial infarction from two families in the Baie Verte Peninsula, Newfoundland, were studied.
(15) Summary--Ru-Vert, a combination product, containing in each tablet, 25 mg of pentylenetetrazol, 12.5 mg of pheniramine maleate, and 50 mg of nictonic acid, was evaluated in the treatment of seventeen patients with benign paroxysmal positional vertigo.
(16) A shoe-seller from Cap Vert, Jason Monteiro Furtado, 21, was on holiday in the town and began what has been described as a lighthearted turn, delivered from just behind the removable security barriers that line the main drag in Cannes.
(17) We then used the Fuzzy theory to change Vert's formula and obtained facial types.
(18) Fifty of 51 (98.1%) successfully verted women delivered a cephalic presentation infant at term.
(19) In verted sacs from normal rats, there was a decrease in transfer and in accumulation of L-cystine (0.03 mM) and L-valine (0.065 mM) when ACPC was on the mucosal (luminal) side.
(20) In the first group of localities, P. perniciosus was very abundant (87.8%) and S. minuta scarce (12.0%); in the second group, P. perfiliewi was the only species collected; in the third group, P. perfiliewi was very abundant (98.0%), S. minuta was vert scarce (1.1%) and P. perniciosus even more so (0.7%).