(1) Along with Hytner's own production of the comedy One Man Two Guv'nors, it has staved off the financial difficulties that have troubled so many organisations in less commercial artforms since the government funding cuts of 2010.
(2) Asked whether, in retirement, she would still oppose a European central bank, Mr Skinner fed her a line, shouting: 'No, she's goin' to be the guv'nor.'
(3) We chatted it through and came to the conclusion that even condoning the presence of 'medicines' in the house I was staying, could lead to pressure being put on me, or in the worst case, if there was a raid on the house, it was highly unlikely that any of the "professionals " I was sharing the house with were going to say "it's a fair cop guv, That gear is all mine."
(4) A week or so after we speak, I go to see One Man, Two Guv'nors at the National, a comedy in which he takes the lead as a young man working for two highly demanding bosses.
(5) "Between you and me, guv … " he nearly whispered … "I always come off at Rotherham these days and take the A6195 through Rawmarsh, Brampton and Brierley.
(6) For some reason I brought out this character I called the Guv, who was like a London cab driver.
(7) 6 The Guv'nor is a good sort Generally, the guv'nor is good, moral and has the girls' best interests at heart.
(8) That team could conceivably have included the following names on the backs of their shirts: Seamo, Shaggy, Sick-Note, Gazza, Donkey, Psycho, Guv'nor (!
(9) Brian Reader, 77, known by his fellow raiders as “the Guv’nor” or “Master”, was not sentenced last week due to fears he had just months to live .
(10) The thought of striking doctors sitting at home, watching carnage unfold, and saying: “Not my problem, guv!” is so ludicrous that you would hope that it would be instantly dismissed.
(11) The first photograph that McCullin had printed in the Observer was a 1958 picture of a north London gang called "The Guv'nors" – a group of teddy boys resplendent in their exaggerated, smart clothes, rising through and out of a bomb-damaged building.
(12) Here is Next’s considered opinion on the current state of consumer demand, derived from a detailed analysis of its own trading in the past six weeks: “Dunno, guv, we only sell clothes and stuff.” The chief executive, Lord Wolfson, didn’t put it like that, of course.
(13) Vesicular phospholipid bilayer membranes in the form of giant unilamellar vesicles (GUVs) of dipalmitoylphosphatidylcholine (DPPC) were irradiated with fast neutron fluences ranging from 10(4) to 10(7) n cm-2.
(14) The phase behaviour of both non-irradiated and irradiated GUVs was investigated using an angular light scattering technique.
(15) The purported GABA uptake inhibitors nipecotate (NPA) and guvacine (GUV) acted as GABAa agonists, having pharmacological properties very similar to GABA itself.
(n.) A rope, chain, or rod attached to anything to steady it; as: a rope to steady or guide an object which is being hoisted or lowered; a rope which holds in place the end of a boom, spar, or yard in a ship; a chain or wire rope connecting a suspension bridge with the land on either side to prevent lateral swaying; a rod or rope attached to the top of a structure, as of a derrick, and extending obliquely to the ground, where it is fastened.
(v. t.) To steady or guide with a guy.
(n.) A grotesque effigy, like that of Guy Fawkes, dressed up in England on the fifth of November, the day of the Gunpowder Plot.
(n.) A person of queer looks or dress.
(v. t.) To fool; to baffle; to make (a person) an object of ridicule.
(1) Guy Jobbins, a Cairo-based British water scientist who heads Canada's International Development Research Centre climate change adaptation programme for Africa, says understanding of the issue has rocketed in the past few years.
(2) The guy upstairs, I heard he was maybe affiliated with Islamic Jihad, but he wasn't there.
(3) They had to be seen as the good guys, and not as either this administration or that administration.” Comey left the justice department in 2005 for Lockheed Martin, the largest military contractor in the US, and eventually an investment firm and Columbia Law School.
(4) While the Spielberg of popular myth is Mr Nice Guy, Lean was known as an obsessive, cantankerous tyrant who didn't much like actors and was only truly happy locked away in the editing suite.
(5) If you’ve been to a red brick university in the past 10 years then chances are you know the guy.
(6) As for Scotland Soccer Club, Altidore's deputy at franchise level, Steven Fletcher, is gonna be the guy that the hosts will look to kick the soccer ball in to the soccer goal interior.
(7) "This is the guy we've all seen in Borders or HMV on a Friday afternoon, possibly after a drink or two, tie slightly undone, buying two CDs, a DVD and maybe a book - fifty quid's worth - and frantically computing how he's going to convince his partner that this is a really, really worthwhile investment."
(8) Opposition spokesman Matthew Guy said it was unclear how the government intended to fund the project given the federal government was yet to come to the table.
(9) How many other countries celebrate Guy Fawkes Night?
(10) The Fed is also painting itself as one of the Good Guys in the Libor scandal, pointing out that it spotted the problems in 2008, and promptly tipped off the Brits.
(11) "While the country is sunk in misery, families are ruined and children are growing up in poverty, this guy turns up and we pay €91m for him.
(12) Davenport, possibly in a fit of pique at having been knocked out, said playing Mauresmo was like 'playing a guy'.
(13) He laughs: "I've had a few guys buck up against me, but that's all right because some of us enjoy the bucking."
(14) There are three kinds of motivation: the intrinsic motivation which means the guy is naturally demanding of himself that he wants to be the best, and he has always that inner dissatisfaction with what he has achieved.
(15) He's the sort of guy who takes form every experience something good and uses it in the future.
(16) It seems to have brought his own beliefs into sharper focus: "Watching the film, and I've seen many cuts, I'm a guy who fights the idea of heaven but what I do respect is that there is a greater power than anything we understand, and for me the film is about that.
(17) If I’m the bad guy because I’m not the guy they want me to be, then so be it.” Over the last year he resolved his promotional woes in court and has since signed with Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sports – along with Miguel Cotto the nascent sports agency’s highest-profile signing in boxing.
(18) Jenny Lewis - Just One Of The Guys [Official Music Video] Oh boy!
(19) Still, he reiterates that he'd never heard of "this guy," Mayor Sokolich, until yesterday.
(20) Romney contends the president is a nice guy who has failed to make things better.