(adv.) In time to come; in some future time or state.
(n.) A future existence or state.
(1) Previous data indicate that the CYP2E1 gene is transcriptionally activated after birth, but that the expression of ethanol-inducible CYP2E1 protein, hereafter, is regulated by post-transcriptional mechanisms.
(2) A prospective randomized study was conducted to determine the efficacy of imipenem-cilastatin (hereafter referred to as imipenem) (500 mg four times daily) versus combination therapy for febrile neutropenic patients receiving either no prophylaxis or ciprofloxacin for prevention of infections.
(3) Nationally, State and county mental hospitals (hereafter called State mental hospitals) accounted for the largest proportion of all expenditures (30 percent, down from 34 percent in 1986).
(4) A set of proteins with molecular weight range of 68,000 to 74,000 and isoelectric points of 5.85-5.95 (hereafter referred to as No.
(5) Eight strains of highly amylolytic, sporeforming bacilli (hereafter referred to as Bacillus amyloliquefaciens) were compared with respect to their taxonomic relationship to B. subtilis.
(6) Hereafter, plasma levels of PAP complex decreased with an apparent half-life of disappearance of about 120 min.
(7) (600mg), followed by serial determinations of serum and urinary levels of allo., oxi., uric acid, hypoxanthine (hereafter abbreviated to hx.)
(8) In this study we used a highly purified, well characterized, large tryptic fragment of porcine TPO (hereafter referred to as purified porcine TPO) to examine possible differences among microsomal antibodies in patients with autoimmune thyroid disease.
(9) One of the diastereomeric pigments which contained the all-trans EDR with a negative circular dichroic (CD) band, hereafter called EDR(-)-chrome, has its visible absorption maximum around 438 nm, while the other pigment, called EDR(+)-chrome, has its maximum at 464 nm.
(10) The first group is composed of three well-characterized cell types, each restricted to a region: (1) 37.0 surface mucous cells, hereafter called pit cells, in the "pit" region, (2) 12.6 mucous neck cells, simply called neck cells, in the "neck" region, and (3) 67.4 zymogenic cells in the "base" region.
(11) To increase comparability of studies, exposures were limited to head trauma with loss of consciousness (hereafter referred to as 'head trauma') and comparisons were restricted to community (versus hospital) controls.
(12) Hereafter, the parasites destroyed gradually the epithelium and were associated with normal and lysed inflammatory cells.
(13) Two NADPH-dependent oxidoreductases catalyzing the enantioselective reduction of 3-oxo esters to (S)- and (R)-3-hydroxy acid esters, [hereafter called (S)- and (R)-enzymes] have been purified 121- and 332-fold, respectively, from cell extracts of Saccharomyces cerevisiae by means of streptomycin sulfate treatment, Sephadex G-25 filtration, DEAE-Sepharose CL-6B chromatography, Sephadex G-150 filtration, Sepharose 6B filtration and hydroxyapatite chromatography.
(14) Hereafter the bemegride was withdrawn and group 2 continued the regular training with pentobarbital solely vis-a-vis saline.
(15) Hereafter, a rapid return of the normal menstrual cycle was observed.
(16) The results were reported to the local health officers and possibly due to the measures undertaken hereafter the number of sandfly fever cases diagnosed have decreased.
(17) Research has been done on optically reconstructed imaging employing the Multiple Pinhole Coded Aperture (hereafter abreviated as MPCA) in radioisotope tomographic imaging.
(18) The gene coding for ornithine carbamoyl-transferase (EC.18.104.22.168; OTCase), hereafter referred to as argF, was isolated from the library by complementation of a double argF-argI mutant of E. coli and its sequence was determined.
(19) When the pulpal cavity of the mechanically stimulated tooth was perfused with a 0.9% NaCl solution at temperatures from 10 to 45 degrees C, the mass response of the nerve bundle to that stimulation increased linearly with the rise in perfusate temperature (hereafter, tooth temperature).
(20) Four examples are given hereafter: a prospective study on the psychogenesis of cancer, the question of cancer-prone personalities, the incidence of psychosocial factors on survival in advanced malignant diseases, and a study focused on bereavement and cancer.
(adv.) At which place; where.
(conj.) Considering that; it being the case that; since; -- used to introduce a preamble which is the basis of declarations, affirmations, commands, requests, or like, that follow.
(conj.) When in fact; while on the contrary; the case being in truth that; although; -- implying opposition to something that precedes; or implying recognition of facts, sometimes followed by a different statement, and sometimes by inferences or something consequent.
(1) This trend appeared to reverse itself in the low dose animals after 3 hr, whereas in the high dose group, cardiac output continued to decline.
(2) Patients with papillary carcinoma with a good cell-mediated immune response occurred with much lower infiltration of the tumor boundary with lymphocyte whereas the follicular carcinoma less cell-mediated immunity was associated with dense lymphocytic infiltration, suggesting the biological relevance of lymphocytic infiltration may be different for the two histologic variants.
(3) There was appreciable variation in toothbrush wear among subjects, some reducing their brush to a poor state in 2 weeks whereas with others the brush was rated as "good" after 10 weeks.
(4) The most actively proliferating region of the excurrent duct system is zone 3 of the epididymis, whereas the least active region is the ductuli efferentes.
(5) The newborn with critical AS typically presents with severe cardiac failure and the infant with moderate failure, whereas children may be asymptomatic.
(6) F(420) is photolabile aerobically in neutral and basic solutions, whereas the acid-stable chromophore is not photolabile under these conditions.
(7) Application of 40 microM NiCl2 reversibly blocked It while leaving Is intact, whereas 20 microM CdCl2 reversibly blocked Is, but not It.
(8) When micF was cloned into a high-copy-number plasmid it repressed ompF gene expression, whereas when cloned into a low-copy-number plasmid it did not.
(9) Ethanol and L-ethionine induce acute steatosis without necrosis, whereas azaserine, carbon tetrachloride, and D-galactosamine are known to produce steatosis with varying degrees of hepatic necrosis.
(10) Whereas strain Ga-1 was practically avirulent for mice, strain KL-1 produced death by 21 days in 50% of the mice inoculated.
(11) Eighty-two per cent of patients with falciparum malaria had recently returned from Africa whereas 82% with vivax malaria had visited Asia.
(12) The results indicate that OA-bearing macrophages primed T cells and generated helper T cells, whereas the culture of normal lymphocytes with soluble OA in the absence of macrophages generated suppressor T cells.
(13) After midazolam infusion, there was a 50% decrease in amplitude of P3 in response to target tones (P less than 0.006), whereas N3 latency increased by 40 ms (P less than 0.05).
(14) Maximal yields of lipid and aflatoxin were obtained with 30% glucose, whereas mold growth, expressed as dry weight, was maximal when the medium contained 10% glucose.
(15) Epidermal growth factor reduced plating efficiency by about 50% for A431 cells in different cell cycle phases whereas a slight increase in plating efficiency was seen for SiHa cells.
(16) Peak Expiratory Flow and Forced Expiratory Mean Flows in the ranges 0-25%, 25-50% and 50-75% of Forced Vital Capacity were significantly reduced in animals exposed to gasoline exhaust fumes, whereas the group exposed to ethanol exhaust fumes did not differ from the control group.
(17) When the eye was dissected into anterior uveal, scleral, and retinal complexes, prostaglandin D2 was formed in the highest degree in all the complexes, whereas prostaglandin E2 and F2 alpha formation was specific to given ocular regions.
(18) This mAb inhibited monocyte binding of both soluble FITC-labeled IgA and IgA-coated E, whereas it did not inhibit IgG binding.
(19) Chloroquine induced large cytoplasmic vacuoles, whereas the other drugs (quinacrine, 4,4'-diethylaminoethoxyhexestrol, chlorphentermine, iprindole, 1-chloro-amitriptyline, clomipramine) caused formation of lamellated or crystalloid inclusions as usually seen in drug-induced lipidosis.
(20) hypoglossal nucleus), whereas in other areas the angiotensinogen gene was expressed only in a certain population of glial cells.