(adv.) In the following part of this (writing, document, speech, and the like).
(1) The ratio of albumin concentration in the cerebellum or in the cerebrum to that in the plasma 2 h after the injection, hereinafter termed the relative albumin level (RA), was calculated and used as a criterion for the albumin transfer.
(2) After a single exposure to doses ranging from 0.05 to 0.50 Gy, the SOD activities in immune organs of the irradiated rats, at 4 h after whole-body X irradiation, showed significant increases by 50 to 90% (hereinafter p less than 0.05) in comparison with the control groups.
(3) Thus, five MAbs (from five different patients) to the immunodominant domain of gp41 in the vicinity of the cysteines at positions 598 and 604 (hereinafter designated cluster I) reacted with a stretch of 11 amino acids from positions 590 to 600.
(4) The prefrontal cortex, dorsal to the rhinal sulcus of the rat (hereinafter termed the agranular insular cortex) has been examined with the use of the retrograde transport of horseradish peroxidase.
(5) The structural gene for the beta-subunit of the mouse erythrocyte spectrin, hereinafter designated as Sp-b, was assigned to the mouse chromosome 12.
(6) 99mTechnetium-pyridoxylidene-isoleucine (hereinafter referred to as 99mTc-PI) is a new biliary scintiscanning agent.
(7) When gastric tube of greater curvature with diameter of about 3 cm (hereinafter referred to as gastric tube) is made from the whole gastric tube of one dog, tissue blood flow of the oral end of the gastric tube increased by 76%.
(8) The results of this work are presented and discussed hereinafter.
(9) In patients with so-called postoperative enteroplegia after laparotomy, effects of aclatonium napadisilate (abbreviated as TM-723 hereinafter) and prostaglandine F2 alpha (abbreviated as PGF2 alpha) on intestinal motility were determined using an enteric sound recording system (phonointestinography) and simultaneously the time required for breaking wind after operation was examined.
(10) We have analyzed the results of the treatment given on 170 cases of cholecystolithiasis, using two different systems of ESWL: Spark Gap System (hereinafter SGS) and Piezoelectric System (hereinafter PES).
(11) These experiments have provided evidence for the presence of three lipoprotein subfractions hereinafter termed fractions I, II, and III.
(12) Utilization of the metal and adhesive, 4-META containing resin (hereinafter referred to as adhesive resin) in the design of denture has been reported to be not only hygienically advantageous because of difficult adhesiveness of bacterial flora due to solid union between the metal and the resin, but also less in danger of the denture rupture from its finishing line portion.
(13) As for blood hormone levels, LH, FSH and Testosterone (hereinafter referred to as TES) were determined by the RIA.
(14) [1-14C]VPA hereinafter called LABEL (radiochemical purity greater than 98% as determined by paper and thin layer chromatography) was purchased from Amersham International, U.K. Quantitative analysis of VPA and VPA-glucuronide in bile and urine samples from rats given VPA and tracer LABEL by our standard gas chromatographic assay showed gross discrepancies with the results obtained by liquid scintillation counting of the same extracts.
(15) A defined agar medium (hereinafter designated caprylate-thallous [CT5 agar) containing 0.01% yeast extract, 0.1% caprylic (n-octanoic) acid, and 0.025% thallous sulfate is highly selective for all Serratia species and effectively discriminates against most non-Serratia strains likely to be in the same habitats.
(16) Applied with the view of restoring locomotion are various types of orthoses, but in the present paper the authors deal with functional electrical stimulation (hereinafter FES) as a means of restoring locomotion, demonstrating the advantages of FES over the use of classical orthoses.
(17) He said the act – amended by further legislation in 1964 and 1996 – had a section headed "compensation to persons for damage by riot" which read: "Where a house, shop, or building in a police area has been injured or destroyed, or the property therein has been injured, stolen, or destroyed, by any persons riotously and tumultuously assembled together, such compensation as hereinafter mentioned shall be paid out of the police fund of the area".
(18) It was found that 1) The cure rate in the group of selecting acupoints by thermogram (hereinafter referred to as the thermography--aided treatment group) was 67.65%, with a marked improvement rate of 26.40%; while the cure rate of the conventional acupuncture treatment group (hereinafter called the conventional treatment group) was 46.39%, the marked improvement rate being 29.90%, indicating a significant difference in therapeutic efficacy between the two groups (P less than 0.02).
(19) We recently experienced a case of pneumocephalus complicated with severe clouding of consciousness, ocular deviation, and unilateral spatial neglect with the results being reported hereinafter.
(20) However researches on the comparative viscolytic activity of all the agents hereinafter considered are still in progress.
(adv.) At which place; where.
(conj.) Considering that; it being the case that; since; -- used to introduce a preamble which is the basis of declarations, affirmations, commands, requests, or like, that follow.
(conj.) When in fact; while on the contrary; the case being in truth that; although; -- implying opposition to something that precedes; or implying recognition of facts, sometimes followed by a different statement, and sometimes by inferences or something consequent.
(1) This trend appeared to reverse itself in the low dose animals after 3 hr, whereas in the high dose group, cardiac output continued to decline.
(2) Patients with papillary carcinoma with a good cell-mediated immune response occurred with much lower infiltration of the tumor boundary with lymphocyte whereas the follicular carcinoma less cell-mediated immunity was associated with dense lymphocytic infiltration, suggesting the biological relevance of lymphocytic infiltration may be different for the two histologic variants.
(3) There was appreciable variation in toothbrush wear among subjects, some reducing their brush to a poor state in 2 weeks whereas with others the brush was rated as "good" after 10 weeks.
(4) The most actively proliferating region of the excurrent duct system is zone 3 of the epididymis, whereas the least active region is the ductuli efferentes.
(5) The newborn with critical AS typically presents with severe cardiac failure and the infant with moderate failure, whereas children may be asymptomatic.
(6) F(420) is photolabile aerobically in neutral and basic solutions, whereas the acid-stable chromophore is not photolabile under these conditions.
(7) Application of 40 microM NiCl2 reversibly blocked It while leaving Is intact, whereas 20 microM CdCl2 reversibly blocked Is, but not It.
(8) When micF was cloned into a high-copy-number plasmid it repressed ompF gene expression, whereas when cloned into a low-copy-number plasmid it did not.
(9) Ethanol and L-ethionine induce acute steatosis without necrosis, whereas azaserine, carbon tetrachloride, and D-galactosamine are known to produce steatosis with varying degrees of hepatic necrosis.
(10) Whereas strain Ga-1 was practically avirulent for mice, strain KL-1 produced death by 21 days in 50% of the mice inoculated.
(11) Eighty-two per cent of patients with falciparum malaria had recently returned from Africa whereas 82% with vivax malaria had visited Asia.
(12) The results indicate that OA-bearing macrophages primed T cells and generated helper T cells, whereas the culture of normal lymphocytes with soluble OA in the absence of macrophages generated suppressor T cells.
(13) After midazolam infusion, there was a 50% decrease in amplitude of P3 in response to target tones (P less than 0.006), whereas N3 latency increased by 40 ms (P less than 0.05).
(14) Maximal yields of lipid and aflatoxin were obtained with 30% glucose, whereas mold growth, expressed as dry weight, was maximal when the medium contained 10% glucose.
(15) Epidermal growth factor reduced plating efficiency by about 50% for A431 cells in different cell cycle phases whereas a slight increase in plating efficiency was seen for SiHa cells.
(16) Peak Expiratory Flow and Forced Expiratory Mean Flows in the ranges 0-25%, 25-50% and 50-75% of Forced Vital Capacity were significantly reduced in animals exposed to gasoline exhaust fumes, whereas the group exposed to ethanol exhaust fumes did not differ from the control group.
(17) When the eye was dissected into anterior uveal, scleral, and retinal complexes, prostaglandin D2 was formed in the highest degree in all the complexes, whereas prostaglandin E2 and F2 alpha formation was specific to given ocular regions.
(18) This mAb inhibited monocyte binding of both soluble FITC-labeled IgA and IgA-coated E, whereas it did not inhibit IgG binding.
(19) Chloroquine induced large cytoplasmic vacuoles, whereas the other drugs (quinacrine, 4,4'-diethylaminoethoxyhexestrol, chlorphentermine, iprindole, 1-chloro-amitriptyline, clomipramine) caused formation of lamellated or crystalloid inclusions as usually seen in drug-induced lipidosis.
(20) hypoglossal nucleus), whereas in other areas the angiotensinogen gene was expressed only in a certain population of glial cells.