(adv.) Of this; concerning this; from this; hence.
(1) The results suggest a molecular mechanism of fusion involving protein binding to negatively charged groups on the membrane surface, followed by local formation of lysophospholipids and as a consequence hereof the creation of point defects in the lipid structure.
(2) At the time, hereof, that investigation is continuing."
(3) The primary and secondary pathogenesis hereof is explained by the particular predisposition duodenal laceration on account of its special anatomy and operative vulnerability.
(4) Illegal weapons should be handed over to the Ministry of Interior bodies within 24 hours of the special law, referred to in point 1 hereof, coming into force.
(5) In view hereof, and the risk that Julian Assange may evade prosecution if the arrest warrant is lifted, continued detention is currently regarded as compatible with the principle of proportionality.” Per Samuelson, a lawyer for the 43-year-old Australian, condemned what he called a weak decision by the court, which he said had issued its ruling before the Assange team had made its final submission.
(6) With examples from his therapeutical work, and quoting mythology, and historically famous cases thinking within the terms of suicide is delined, and consequences hereof are stated.
(7) S-adenosylmethionine has some beneficial effects on primary fibromyalgia and could be an important option in the treatment hereof.
(8) A panel of monoclonal antibodies with well-characterized specificity for T, Tn, sialosyl-Tn and the histo-blood group H and A variants hereof were used in immunohistology of sections from 30 individuals with known ABO, Lewis, and secretor status.
(9) On basis hereof the employment of the smooth surface is suggested.
(10) The consequences hereof are discussed with regard to prevention and therapy.
(11) One series of structures based on N-acetyllactosamine chains (type 2 chain: N-acetyllactosamine and fucosylated derivates hereof of H, Lex, Ley and sialyl-Lex) and another based on the simple mucin type core structures (type 3 chain: Tn, T and sialylated derivates hereof as well as the fucosylated derivative, H).
(12) On the basis hereof it is inferred that the inhibition is either a cochlear phenomenon or that it is transmitted over pathways with identical temporal properties as those of the excitation.
(13) The possible pathophysiological significance hereof, e.g.
(14) The prevalences and types of psychiatric disorders connected with temporal lobe epilepsy and surgical treatment hereof are discussed.
(15) At the one year follow-up the author assessed five of the breasts (hereof four revised) as hard.
(adv.) At which place; where.
(conj.) Considering that; it being the case that; since; -- used to introduce a preamble which is the basis of declarations, affirmations, commands, requests, or like, that follow.
(conj.) When in fact; while on the contrary; the case being in truth that; although; -- implying opposition to something that precedes; or implying recognition of facts, sometimes followed by a different statement, and sometimes by inferences or something consequent.
(1) This trend appeared to reverse itself in the low dose animals after 3 hr, whereas in the high dose group, cardiac output continued to decline.
(2) Patients with papillary carcinoma with a good cell-mediated immune response occurred with much lower infiltration of the tumor boundary with lymphocyte whereas the follicular carcinoma less cell-mediated immunity was associated with dense lymphocytic infiltration, suggesting the biological relevance of lymphocytic infiltration may be different for the two histologic variants.
(3) There was appreciable variation in toothbrush wear among subjects, some reducing their brush to a poor state in 2 weeks whereas with others the brush was rated as "good" after 10 weeks.
(4) The most actively proliferating region of the excurrent duct system is zone 3 of the epididymis, whereas the least active region is the ductuli efferentes.
(5) The newborn with critical AS typically presents with severe cardiac failure and the infant with moderate failure, whereas children may be asymptomatic.
(6) F(420) is photolabile aerobically in neutral and basic solutions, whereas the acid-stable chromophore is not photolabile under these conditions.
(7) Application of 40 microM NiCl2 reversibly blocked It while leaving Is intact, whereas 20 microM CdCl2 reversibly blocked Is, but not It.
(8) When micF was cloned into a high-copy-number plasmid it repressed ompF gene expression, whereas when cloned into a low-copy-number plasmid it did not.
(9) Ethanol and L-ethionine induce acute steatosis without necrosis, whereas azaserine, carbon tetrachloride, and D-galactosamine are known to produce steatosis with varying degrees of hepatic necrosis.
(10) Whereas strain Ga-1 was practically avirulent for mice, strain KL-1 produced death by 21 days in 50% of the mice inoculated.
(11) Eighty-two per cent of patients with falciparum malaria had recently returned from Africa whereas 82% with vivax malaria had visited Asia.
(12) The results indicate that OA-bearing macrophages primed T cells and generated helper T cells, whereas the culture of normal lymphocytes with soluble OA in the absence of macrophages generated suppressor T cells.
(13) After midazolam infusion, there was a 50% decrease in amplitude of P3 in response to target tones (P less than 0.006), whereas N3 latency increased by 40 ms (P less than 0.05).
(14) Maximal yields of lipid and aflatoxin were obtained with 30% glucose, whereas mold growth, expressed as dry weight, was maximal when the medium contained 10% glucose.
(15) Epidermal growth factor reduced plating efficiency by about 50% for A431 cells in different cell cycle phases whereas a slight increase in plating efficiency was seen for SiHa cells.
(16) Peak Expiratory Flow and Forced Expiratory Mean Flows in the ranges 0-25%, 25-50% and 50-75% of Forced Vital Capacity were significantly reduced in animals exposed to gasoline exhaust fumes, whereas the group exposed to ethanol exhaust fumes did not differ from the control group.
(17) When the eye was dissected into anterior uveal, scleral, and retinal complexes, prostaglandin D2 was formed in the highest degree in all the complexes, whereas prostaglandin E2 and F2 alpha formation was specific to given ocular regions.
(18) This mAb inhibited monocyte binding of both soluble FITC-labeled IgA and IgA-coated E, whereas it did not inhibit IgG binding.
(19) Chloroquine induced large cytoplasmic vacuoles, whereas the other drugs (quinacrine, 4,4'-diethylaminoethoxyhexestrol, chlorphentermine, iprindole, 1-chloro-amitriptyline, clomipramine) caused formation of lamellated or crystalloid inclusions as usually seen in drug-induced lipidosis.
(20) hypoglossal nucleus), whereas in other areas the angiotensinogen gene was expressed only in a certain population of glial cells.