(1) Herewith, the authors present a patient with a ruptured aneurysm of the anterior spinal artery associated with dural AVM of the posterior fossa.
(2) The indication herewith is more founded on a possible sympathetic origin of the troubles as on the comportment psycho-affective of the patient.
(3) Herewith, the halosubstituent is replaced by a hydrogen atom.
(4) An attempt has herewith been made to evaluate these implications on the basis of data available.
(5) This method described herewith has several advantages, and allows the analysis of two tissues at the same time for a large number of adrenal steroids within two weeks.
(6) Studies were conducted in order to evaluate the efficacy of different ultraviolet wavelength regions for the treatment of atopic dermatitis, the risks associated herewith and the in vivo effect of ultraviolet radiation (UVR) on the bacterial skin flora.
(7) We are herewith reporting our initial clinical experience with this technique.
(8) The clinical, microbiological, radiological and sonographical finding of 50 patients with tuberculosis and HIV infection are herewith described.
(9) We herewith present a study designed to clarify the issue and offer firm criteria for histological differentiation of the nevus in point from malignant melanoma.
(10) The allograft implantation between HLA-genetically-identical siblings, HLA-aploidentical family members or HLA-phenotypically identical donor-recipient couples are herewith examined, while the autologous bone marrow rescue approach is not taken into consideration.
(11) We present herewith several cases of this entity to emphasise the insidious nature of the disease, the extent of ocular damage it can cause, and the importance of early detection and treatment.
(12) In a group of 274 urological patients, the reasons and consequences of long-term intake of phenacetin-containing compounds are herewith demonstrated.
(13) A photoacoustic (PA) effect theory taking into account two heat sources corresponding to the radiationless relaxation processes of two states of different lifetimes and to the heat diffusion across the sample is herewith presented.
(14) Finally, a selected group of patients with metastatic disease confined to the pelvis who were treated with curative intent is presented herewith and compared to a much larger group of patients with metastatic disease who were treated palliatively.
(15) The clinical and pathological results of our study carried out in a group of 21 cases ki-1 positive lymphomas is herewith reported.
(16) The advantage of the herewith presented v-shaped unilateral external fixator lies in the combination of the stability characters of the v-shaped mounting with the convenience of the unilateral lay-out.
(17) Since the complications herewith presented as a consequence of surgical renal biopsy are really exceptional and references found in the existing literature rare, we have considered that the contribution of these two cases which developed a pneumomediastinum-pneumoperitoneum and pneumocele prespectively during the immediate post-surgical period would be of interest.
(18) According to the theory presented herewith, chemotherapy ultimately fails since it is based on wrong premises.
(19) The preparation, physical characterization and effects of microcapsules containing the monosialoganglioside GM1 in an in vivo rat model are described herewith.
(20) Three additional instances of solitary and histologically proven osseous metastasis of malignant gastric neoplasms have been observed and treated at Memorial Hospital during the years 1949 through 1969, and are herewith reported.
(adv.) At which place; where.
(conj.) Considering that; it being the case that; since; -- used to introduce a preamble which is the basis of declarations, affirmations, commands, requests, or like, that follow.
(conj.) When in fact; while on the contrary; the case being in truth that; although; -- implying opposition to something that precedes; or implying recognition of facts, sometimes followed by a different statement, and sometimes by inferences or something consequent.
(1) This trend appeared to reverse itself in the low dose animals after 3 hr, whereas in the high dose group, cardiac output continued to decline.
(2) Patients with papillary carcinoma with a good cell-mediated immune response occurred with much lower infiltration of the tumor boundary with lymphocyte whereas the follicular carcinoma less cell-mediated immunity was associated with dense lymphocytic infiltration, suggesting the biological relevance of lymphocytic infiltration may be different for the two histologic variants.
(3) There was appreciable variation in toothbrush wear among subjects, some reducing their brush to a poor state in 2 weeks whereas with others the brush was rated as "good" after 10 weeks.
(4) The most actively proliferating region of the excurrent duct system is zone 3 of the epididymis, whereas the least active region is the ductuli efferentes.
(5) The newborn with critical AS typically presents with severe cardiac failure and the infant with moderate failure, whereas children may be asymptomatic.
(6) F(420) is photolabile aerobically in neutral and basic solutions, whereas the acid-stable chromophore is not photolabile under these conditions.
(7) Application of 40 microM NiCl2 reversibly blocked It while leaving Is intact, whereas 20 microM CdCl2 reversibly blocked Is, but not It.
(8) When micF was cloned into a high-copy-number plasmid it repressed ompF gene expression, whereas when cloned into a low-copy-number plasmid it did not.
(9) Ethanol and L-ethionine induce acute steatosis without necrosis, whereas azaserine, carbon tetrachloride, and D-galactosamine are known to produce steatosis with varying degrees of hepatic necrosis.
(10) Whereas strain Ga-1 was practically avirulent for mice, strain KL-1 produced death by 21 days in 50% of the mice inoculated.
(11) Eighty-two per cent of patients with falciparum malaria had recently returned from Africa whereas 82% with vivax malaria had visited Asia.
(12) The results indicate that OA-bearing macrophages primed T cells and generated helper T cells, whereas the culture of normal lymphocytes with soluble OA in the absence of macrophages generated suppressor T cells.
(13) After midazolam infusion, there was a 50% decrease in amplitude of P3 in response to target tones (P less than 0.006), whereas N3 latency increased by 40 ms (P less than 0.05).
(14) Maximal yields of lipid and aflatoxin were obtained with 30% glucose, whereas mold growth, expressed as dry weight, was maximal when the medium contained 10% glucose.
(15) Epidermal growth factor reduced plating efficiency by about 50% for A431 cells in different cell cycle phases whereas a slight increase in plating efficiency was seen for SiHa cells.
(16) Peak Expiratory Flow and Forced Expiratory Mean Flows in the ranges 0-25%, 25-50% and 50-75% of Forced Vital Capacity were significantly reduced in animals exposed to gasoline exhaust fumes, whereas the group exposed to ethanol exhaust fumes did not differ from the control group.
(17) When the eye was dissected into anterior uveal, scleral, and retinal complexes, prostaglandin D2 was formed in the highest degree in all the complexes, whereas prostaglandin E2 and F2 alpha formation was specific to given ocular regions.
(18) This mAb inhibited monocyte binding of both soluble FITC-labeled IgA and IgA-coated E, whereas it did not inhibit IgG binding.
(19) Chloroquine induced large cytoplasmic vacuoles, whereas the other drugs (quinacrine, 4,4'-diethylaminoethoxyhexestrol, chlorphentermine, iprindole, 1-chloro-amitriptyline, clomipramine) caused formation of lamellated or crystalloid inclusions as usually seen in drug-induced lipidosis.
(20) hypoglossal nucleus), whereas in other areas the angiotensinogen gene was expressed only in a certain population of glial cells.