(1) Anti-synthetic HIRP(957-980) serum HIR-27 was proved to cross-react with HIRP-related proteins in solubilized human placental membranes.
(2) We have investigated insulin responsiveness in relation to insulin sensitivity during sequential hyperglycemic clamping in low insulin responders (LIR), high insulin responders (HIR) and in women with a history of gestational diabetes (GD).
(3) 80% of internalized receptors after 20 min), the internalization in HIR-B cells reaches a maximum (approx.
(4) Human insulin receptor substrate-1 (hIRS-1) cDNAs were cloned from a lambda GT11 expression library using a monoclonal antibody (MAb) produced against a human hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) cell line (FOCUS).
(5) Within 3 h after exposure to 70 nM insulin, ODC enzyme activity increased approximately 50-fold and mRNA accumulation 3-fold in the HIR 3.5 cells but not in normal fibroblasts.
(6) To further explore the specificity of the IR tyrosine phosphokinase (TPK) domain in IR function, we have altered the human IR (hIR) cDNA to encode truncated insulin-independent TPKs, which are expressed in chinese hamster ovary (CHO) cells as either membrane-anchored or cytosolic proteins.
(7) Glucose disposal and whole body carbohydrate oxidation were markedly lower in NIR and HIR vs. NIS (P less than 0.001 for disposal and oxidation).
(8) Internalization, degradation, and insulin-induced down-regulation of insulin receptors were studied comparatively in transformed Chinese hamster ovary (CHO) cell lines, CHO.T and CHO.IR.ros, respectively expressing either the wild-type human insulin receptor (hIR) or a mutated hybrid receptor in which the transmembrane and cytoplasmic domains of hIR were replaced by corresponding domains of the transforming protein p68gag-ros (v-ros) of avian sarcoma virus UR2.
(9) In conclusion, the HIR delta CT receptor retains intact protein kinase activity in vitro.
(10) Cells expressing 6.4 X 10(3) and 1.25 X 10(6) normal receptors and 2.5 X 10(5) HIR delta CT receptors, as well as control Rat 1 fibroblasts were selected for further analysis.
(11) Highly intensive physical loading suppresses the development of DH and enhances the suppressive effect of staphylococci on SRBC-induced HIR.
(12) Our experiments with the hIR protein have been designed to address a very general question of transmembrane receptor structure and function: What are the roles and interactions of the various deduced structural domains of such molecules in the initiation of the response of cells to extracellular signals?
(13) Mono- and polyauxotrophic mutant of I, II and R-phases by hir, ilv, pro, and mtl markers were obtained by treatment of Sh.
(14) Physical loading of low intensity normalizes staphylococcus-suppressed HIR to SRBC, but produces no effect on staphylococcus-induced DH.
(15) Transfection of normal HIR cDNA produced normal insulin receptors on the plasma membranes in COS 7 cells.
(16) Incubation for 18 hrs with 1 microM insulin resulted in a similar decrease (to approximately 35% of control) of all the hIR mRNA species.
(17) Seven regions of the alpha subunit of human insulin receptor (HIR) were synthesized and examined for their ability to bind radioiodinated insulin.
(18) This cDNA (HIR delta CT), as well as cDNA encoding the complete receptor (HIRc) was transfected into Rat 1 fibroblasts.
(19) To this end the following receptor model system consisting of two receptors was co-expressed in NIH 3T3 cells: a kinase inactive human insulin receptor (HIR K1018A) and a chimeric (EIR) receptor corresponding to the extracellular and transmembrane domains of the human EGF receptor and the cytosolic domain of the human insulin receptor beta subunit.
(20) The resulting virus, named UIR, contains the hIR sequence fused to the 5' portion of the UR2 gag gene coding for p19.
(a.) Light blue; grayish blue; -- a term applied to different shades at different periods.
(n.) A cloth of sky-blue color.
(1) Previous use of the drug is found in more than 50 per cent of the patients, and it was often followed by a neglected side-effect.
(2) The proportion of teeth per child with calculus was approximately 8 percent for supragingival and 4 percent for subgingival calculus.
(3) Following central retinal artery ligation, infarction of the retinal ganglion cells was reflected by a 97 per cent reduction in the radioactively labeled protein within the optic nerve.
(4) Increased dietary protein intake led to increased MDA per nephron, increased urinary excretion of MDA, and increased MDA per milligram protein in subtotally nephrectomized animals, and markedly increased the glutathione redox ratio.
(5) In contrast to previous reports, these tumours were more malignant than osteosarcomas and showed a five-year survival rate of only 4-2 per cent.
(6) The results demonstrated that K2PtCl4 was bound to a greater degree than CDDP in this system with 3-5 and 1-2 platinum atoms respectively, bound per transferrin molecule.
(7) The extent of the infectious process was limited, however, because the life span of the cultures was not significantly shortened, the yields of infectious virus per immunofluorescent cell were at all times low, and most infected cells contained only a few well-delineated small masses of antigen, suggestive of an abortive infection.
(8) The data suggest that major differences may exist between ruminants and non-ruminants in the response of liver metabolism both to lactation per se and to the effects of growth hormone and insulin.
(9) Children of smoking mothers had an 18.0 per cent cumulative incidence of post-infancy wheezing through 10 years of age, compared with 16.2 per cent among children of nonsmoking mothers (risk ratio 1.11, 95% CI: 1.02, 1.21).
(10) Eighty-two per cent of patients with falciparum malaria had recently returned from Africa whereas 82% with vivax malaria had visited Asia.
(11) Binding data for both ligands to the enzyme yielded nonlinear Scatchard plots that analyze in terms of four negatively cooperative binding sites per enzyme tetramer.
(12) In more than 70 per cent of these, brain injury is the decisive lethal factor.
(13) Given Australia’s number one position as the worst carbon emitter per capita among major western nations it seems hardly surprising that islanders from Fiji, Samoa, Vanuatu and other small island developing states have been turning to Australia with growing exasperation demanding the country demonstrate an appropriate response and responsibility.
(14) High-grade and low-grade candidemia were defined as 25 colony-forming units or more per 10 ml and 10 colony-forming units or fewer per 10 ml of blood, respectively.
(15) The buses recently went up by 50p per journey, but my wages went up with national inflation which was pennies.
(16) Average fluoroscopy time per procedure was 27.8 minutes of which 15.1 minutes were for nephrostomy tube insertion and 12.7 minutes were for calculi extraction.
(17) Socially acceptable urinary control was achieved in 90 per cent of the 139 patients with active devices in place.
(18) In a double-blind, crossover-designed study, 9 male subjects (age range: 18-25 years) received 25 mg orally, four times per day of either S or an identically-appearing placebo (P) 2 d prior to and during HA.
(19) Freshly isolated sarcoplasmic reticulum vesicles contain 0.05 mol of tightly bound ADP and 0.03 mol of tightly bound ATP per mol of Ca2+, Mg2+-ATPase (ATP phosphohydrolase, EC 126.96.36.199).
(20) Charge data from the target hospital showed a statistically significant reduction in laboratory charges per patient in the quarter following program initiation (P = 0.02) and no evidence for change in a group of five comparison hospitals.