(1) He was called "the French Bogart", "the new Jean Gabin", and in 1962 co-starred with Gabin in Un Singe en hiver as a young alcoholic forming a dangerous friendship with an elderly drunk.
(2) Essential DVDs Breathless, Le Doulos, Un Singe en hiver, Léon Morin, prêtre, Pierrot le fou, Mississippi Mermaid, Borsalino, Stavisky • Next: Kim Novak
(n.) One who, or that which, lives.
(n.) A resident; a dweller; as, a liver in Brooklyn.
(n.) One whose course of life has some marked characteristic (expressed by an adjective); as, a free liver.
(n.) A very large glandular and vascular organ in the visceral cavity of all vertebrates.
(n.) The glossy ibis (Ibis falcinellus); -- said to have given its name to the city of Liverpool.
(1) The liver metastasis was produced by intrasplenic injection of the fluid containing of KATOIII in nude mouse and new cell line was established using the cells of metastatic site.
(2) The microsomal preparations from untreated Syrian golden hamster livers exhibited higher activities of N-demethylation towards the macrolide antibiotics, erythromycin and troleandomycin, than those from untreated and phenobarbital-treated rats.
(3) It has been conformed that catalase from bovine liver eliminates only the pro R hydrogen atom from ethanol.
(4) Using mini-pigs with an indwelling vascular catheter, the pharmacokinetics of chloramphenicol were investigated in healthy and liver-damaged animals.
(5) Serial sections of mouse foetal liver, during the 9th and 16th days of gestation, were studied.
(6) The data suggest that major differences may exist between ruminants and non-ruminants in the response of liver metabolism both to lactation per se and to the effects of growth hormone and insulin.
(7) The 14C-aminopyrine breath test was used to measure liver function in 14 normal subjects, 16 patients with alcoholic cirrhosis, 14 alcoholics without cirrhosis, and 29 patients taking a variety of drugs.
(8) After resection of the liver 13 patients of 31 died.
(9) Five of the nine normal livers had peribiliary glands that showed HLA-DR.
(10) The effect of 4,4'-methylene bis(2-chloroaniline) (MOCA), 4,4'-methylene dianiline (MDA) and 4,4'-sulphonyldianiline (Dapsone) in vivo on xenobiotic biotransformation in male rat liver was studied.
(11) These results could be explained by altered tissue blood flow and a decreased metabolic capacity of the liver in obese subjects.
(12) Endoscopic retrograde cholangiography failed to demonstrate any bile ducts in the right postero-lateral segments of the liver, the "naked segment sign".
(13) Polyribosomes isolated from the livers of rats sacrificed 6 h after treatment with actinomycin D showed a 42% reduction in their capacity to bind anti-RSA Fab'.
(14) Their effects on various lipid fractions, viz., triglycerides (TG), phospholipids, free cholesterol, and esterified cholesterol, were studied in liver, plasma, gonads, and muscle.
(15) The DNA untwisting enzyme has been purified approximately 300-fold from rat liver nuclei.
(16) There was virtually no difference in a set of subtypic determinants between the serum and liver.
(17) The cis isomer was retained longer in liver, particularly in mitochondria, but had low retention in that portion of the endoplasmic reticulum isolated as the rough membrane fraction.
(18) Alcohol abuse remains the predominant cause of chronic liver disease in the Western world.
(19) Four patients died while maintained on PD; three deaths were due to complications of liver failure within the first 4 months of PD and the fourth was due to empyema after 4 years of PD.
(20) In all, 207 cases of liver cancer were seen during this period, giving an incidence of rupture of 14.5%.