(n.) A young or inferior devil; a little, malignant spirit; a puny demon; a contemptible evil worker.
(n.) Something added to, or united with, another, to lengthen it out or repair it, -- as, an addition to a beehive; a feather inserted in a broken wing of a bird; a length of twisted hair in a fishing line.
(n.) To graft; to insert as a scion.
(n.) To graft with new feathers, as a wing; to splice a broken feather. Hence, Fig.: To repair; to extend; to increase; to strengthen to equip.
(1) Intramembrane particles (IMP) were quantitatively assessed in the perikaryal plasma membranes of infundibular neurons.
(2) The inhibition by TAD of IMP DH activity in ovarian carcinomas (N = 4) was 81%.
(3) Incubation of I diaphragms with isoproterenol did not significantly increase the concentrations of AMP, IMP or inorganic phosphate, activators of phosphorylase beta activity, nor was there a decrease in ATP and glucose 6-phosphate content, allosteric inhibitors of phosphorylase beta activity.
(4) Second, interconversion of adenine nucleotides to guanine nucleotides, is curtailed by the inhibition of IMP dehydrogenase by these same IMP analogues.
(5) Under optimal reaction conditions, HhaI and RsaI cleaved the DMTS-std duplex to 76-77% completion and the DMTS-imp duplex to 96-99% completion.
(6) The incorporation of inosine or hypoxanthine into the IMP and ITP has been proved.
(7) At all times, a tight inverse correlation exists between ATP and IMP concentrations.
(8) It was concluded that the IMP content of human skeletal muscle is very low at rest and after low-intensity exercise, but increases after moderate and high-intensity exercise.
(9) The synthetic "C" nucleoside, tiazofurin (2-beta-D-ribofuranosylthiazole-4-carboxamide), its selenium analogue selenazofurin, and the related inhibitor of inosine 5'-phosphate (IMP) dehydrogenase, mycophenolic acid, are effective inducers of the terminal differentiation of HL-60 promyelocytic leukemia cells.
(10) After 60 min recovery, exercise was performed for 8-10 min each at 20, 30, 40 and 50 W. Measurements of pulmonary oxygen uptake, heart rate, blood pressure, leg blood flow, and femoral arterial-venous differences of oxygen content and lactate were performed as well as determination of ATP, creatine phosphate (CP) inosine monophosphate (IMP) and lactate concentrations on biopsy material from the quadriceps muscle before and immediately after the intense exercise, and at 3, 10 and 60 min into recovery.
(11) Virazole 5'-phosphate was subsequently found to be a potent competitive inhibitor of inosine 5'-phosphate dehydrogenase (IMP:NAD(+) oxidoreductase, EC 18.104.22.168) isolated from Escherichia coli (K(m) = 1.8 x 10(-5) M) with a K(i) of 2.7 x 10(-7) M. Guanosine 5'-phosphate (GMP) was a competitive inhibitor of this enzyme with a K(i) of 7.7 x 10(-5) M. Virazole 5'-phosphate was similarly active against IMP dehydrogenase isolated from Ehrlich ascites tumor cells, with a K(i) of 2.5 x 10(-7) M. The K(m) for this enzyme was 1.8 x 10(-5) M, and the K(i) for GMP was 2.2 x 10(-4) M. These results suggest that the antiviral activity of Virazole might be due to the inhibition of GMP biosynthesis in the infected cell at the step involving the conversion of IMP to xanthosine 5'-phosphate.
(12) Initial rate kinetic studies demonstrate the ppGpp inhibition is competitive with respect to GTP and noncompetitive with respect to L-aspartate and IMP.
(13) Uptake of IMP was calculated from the arteriovenous difference of 14C-IMP across the lung and lung effluents and homogenates were analyzed for the presence of metabolites of IMP.
(14) During continuous isometric exercise with constant stimulation time, the amount of IMP was linearly and inversely related to the age of the animals; a higher IMP concentration was found in intermittent isometric and dynamic exercise.
(15) We evaluated the effect of high partial pressures of O2 on pulmonary uptake and metabolism of IMP.
(16) Thus, 123I-IMP and 99mTc-HM-PAO SPECTs seemed to be a useful tool in the diagnosis, deciding of whether the treatment was suspended or continued, and clarifying the pathophysiology in HSE.
(17) It was considered that the analysis of the lung release of 123I-IMP forms a new lung dysfunction index.
(18) The increased activity in cancer cells of inosine 5'-monophosphate dehydrogenase (IMP DH, EC 22.214.171.124), the rate-limiting enzyme of de novo GTP biosynthesis, was suggested as a sensitive target for chemotherapy.
(19) To determine the biochemical mechanisms of cytotoxicity of these drugs, assay procedures have been developed for measurement of the levels of intermediates proximal to IMP in the pathway for de novo purine biosynthesis in mouse L1210 leukemia cells.
(20) Our review indicates that 123I-IMP SPECT may have an important future role in the early diagnosis and management of patients with acute infarctive stroke and AD.
(v.) One of the rabble; a low, common sort of person or creature; collectively, the rabble; the common herd; also, a lean, ill-conditioned beast, esp. a deer.
(v.) A mean, trickish fellow; a base, dishonest person; a rogue; a scoundrel; a trickster.
(a.) Of or pertaining to the common herd or common people; low; mean; base.
(1) Later, Dizzee Rascal drew big crowds in Tower Hamlets as he ran through the streets where he grew up, throwing his trainers into the throng and running in his socks.
(2) She is talking to Dizzee Rascal, who at least has the decency to goon around for the camera.
(3) You can throw out rascally councillors or governments, but the contracts will go on regardless.
(4) There is a new thirst for characters, for mischief-makers and rascals, for politicians whose mistakes make them more accessible to the rest of us.
(5) If they are not rascally Tories making mischief or communist infiltrators, then they are leftie romantics, their heads in a dwam and full of ideals incompatible with modern, monetarist Britain.
(6) I read so many books when I was a kid that I didn’t even know were shaping me up.” Stormzy review – accessible flow that shows his range Read more When Omari was 10, two big moments happened: he became too old for Book Trail and Dizzee Rascal ’s Boy In Da Corner was released.
(7) So if the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man makes it to the next World Series... 12.10am GMT National Anthem Rascal Flatts.
(8) The transition from the uncompromising aggression and personalised sonic militancy of Dizzee Rascal's first two albums, to the Day-Glo chart-topping triptych of Dance Wiv Me, Bonkers and Holiday seems similarly without precedent.
(9) As he ambles into the small interview room at Munich’s Säbener Strasse in a plain black T-shirt and trainers, Alaba is unassuming to the point of being shy, a little at odds with his reputation as a social-media prankster – his oeuvre contains a series of shots of the midfielder Franck Ribéry dozing and a nearly-nude double-selfie with his former team-mate Mitchell Weiser, in thongs – and as a typically Viennese lausbub (rascal) who once told the club’s former president Uli Hoeness that he had to “think about” an allegation by a concerned member of the public that he was painting the town red with Ribéry in Munich.
(10) China must be aware that Palmer’s rampant rascality serves as a symbol that Australian society has an unfriendly attitude toward China.
(11) Not only did this life-affirming piece of mischief make the perfect counterpoint to the self-harming entrepreneurial initiative of the emaciated illusionist, it also enabled a TV audience of millions to get a taste of music they might not otherwise have heard, as Jus' a Rascal was beamed around the world as the unofficial soundtrack to the much sought after news footage of the end of Blaine's 44-day fast.
(12) In the sequence that may have caused most puzzlement among non-Britons, Boyle examined the rise of social media through a miniature soap opera, complete with a guest appearance from Sir Tim Berners-Lee and a collaged soundtrack racing from My Generation and My Boy Lollipop through Tiger Feet and Pretty Vacant to Dizzee Rascal live in the stadium.
(13) Dizzee Rascal: I Luv U Facebook Twitter Pinterest Dizzee Rascal's debut single was a blackly comic tale of teenage pregnancy set to grinding electronics and related in an edge-of-panic scream.
(14) Over the past few years, the UK charts have been transformed by British-born urban pop artists, such as Chipmunk, Tinchy Stryder, Dizzee Rascal, N-Dubz, JLS, Taio Cruz… and every one of these No 1 artists is a Nando's lover.
(15) Further down the line lay the Notting Hill riots of 1958, Joe Harriott at Ronnie Scott's, the Notting Hill street carnival, the Equals singing Black Skin Blue Eyed Boys, the Clash singing Police and Thieves, football fans throwing bananas at black players, black players becoming international captains, Lenny Henry offering to be repatriated to Dudley, Paul Gilroy's There Ain't No Black in the Union Jack, the Brixton and Toxteth riots of 1981, Janet Kay trilling Silly Games on Top of the Pops, Courtney Pine's Jazz Warriors, the London Community Gospel Choir, the Reggae Philharmonic Orchestra, Benjamin Zephaniah turning down an MBE, pirate radio, natty dread, funki dred, drum'n'bass, dubstep, grime, Dizzie Rascal.
(16) (For a demonstration of the awkwardness its members have sometimes displayed in trying to adapt to the 21st century, readers with a taste for schadenfreude are invited to search YouTube for clips of the hip-hop artist Dizzee Rascal performing there live last year.)
(17) Written in the Rascal (Real-time Pascal) programming language, the program runs on the Macintosh family of microcomputers.
(18) The show will feature performances from Lily Allen, Jay-Z and Lady Gaga, while organisers have promised a special version of You Got the Love from Florence and the Machine with Dizzee Rascal (otherwise known as the inevitable Brits mash-up.)
(19) In Britain they can at least throw the rascals out.
(20) Spooky Bizzle , DJ and producer of Slew Dem crew, says: "If it wasn't for the tunes that built the foundation, like Danny Weed's Creeper , Dizzee Rascal's Hoe , Wiley's Eskimo or Youngstar's Pulse X " – the record considered the first-ever grime release, from early 2002 – "or even watching my peers around me constructing their own grime beats, then I wouldn't be doing what I do now."