(1) Clinical signs of disease developed as early as 15 days after transition to the experimental diets and included impaired vision, decreased response to external stimuli, and abnormal gait.
(2) The various evocational changes appear to form sets of interconnected systems and this complex network seems to embody some plasticity since it has been possible to suppress experimentally some of the most universal evocational events or alter their temporal order without impairing evocation itself.
(3) The CHI patients were impaired overall on the FTE but not the CTE.
(4) We studied the effects of the localisation and size of ischemic brain infarcts and the influence of potential covariates (gender, age, time since infarction, physical handicap, cognitive impairment, aphasia, cortical atrophy and ventricular size) on 'post-stroke depression'.
(5) Changes in renal renin levels after the administration of glycerol were not significant, although lower renal renin values were consistently found in rabbits with more severe impairment of renal function.
(6) These findings suggest that aerosolization of ATP into the cystic fibrosis-affected bronchial tree might be hazardous in terms of enhancement of parenchymal damage, which would result from neutrophil elastase release, and in terms of impaired respiratory lung function.
(7) There was no correlation between disturbed gastric clearance, impaired gall bladder contraction, and prolonged colonic transit time in the patients with cardiovascular autonomic neuropathy nor was there a correlation between any disturbed motor function and age or duration of diabetes.
(8) No biologic investigation of the hemostatic impairment could be performed under the emergency conditions of this field study.
(9) Two hours after the administration, the combinations of ethanol plus diazepam and ethanol plus meclophenoxate impaired significantly the number of necessary repetitions.
(10) The effect of dietary fibre digestion in the human gut on its ability to alter bowel habit and impair mineral absorption has been investigated using the technique of metablic balance.
(11) The Test of Motor Impairment (TOMI) was used to select 12 children with a Developmental Coordination Disorder (DCD) and 12 age-matched controls.
(12) Patients with MID, but not those with DAT, exhibited correlations between enlargement of the third and lateral ventricles and severity of cognitive impairment.
(13) ACTH 4-10 appeared to slightly impair selective attention as indicated by AEP responses.
(14) After large bowel removal, there was impaired glucose tolerance and attenuated plasma insulin secretion.
(15) Only the aged treatment group demonstrated significantly impaired performance.
(16) Case 3 was that of a 70-year-old female with left impaired vision and frontal headache.
(17) This review focused on the methods used to identify language impairment in specifically language-impaired subjects participating in 72 research studies that were described in four journals from 1983 to 1988.
(19) One subject had developed renal failure, while the other two continued to function at a high level with no evidence of cognitive decline or psychiatric or neurologic impairment.
(20) The subscales Depression, Inactivity and Physical Impairment could not be identified as a factor.
(a.) Any damage or violation of, the person, character, feelings, rights, property, or interests of an individual; that which injures, or occasions wrong, loss, damage, or detriment; harm; hurt; loss; mischief; wrong; evil; as, his health was impaired by a severe injury; slander is an injury to the character.
(1) Such a signal must be due to a small ferromagnetic crystal formed when the nerve is subjected to pressure, such as that due to mechanical injury.
(2) In this study of ten consecutive patients sustaining molten metal injuries to the lower extremity who were treated with excision and grafting, treatment with compression Unna paste boot was compared with that with conventional dressing.
(3) Van Persie's knee injury meant that Mata could work in tandem with the delightfully nimble Kagawa, starting for the first time since 22 January.
(4) It is concluded that amlodipine reduces myocardial ischemic injury by mechanism(s) that may involve a reduction in myocardial oxygen demand as well as by positively influencing transmembrane Ca2+ fluxes during ischemia and reperfusion.
(5) Of the 594 patients, 23.7% died and 38.7% had documented inhalation injury.
(6) After vascular injury, smooth muscle cells proliferate, reaching a maximum rate at day 2.
(7) In more than 70 per cent of these, brain injury is the decisive lethal factor.
(8) The reduction rates of peripheral leukocytes, lung Schiff bases and lung water content were not identical in rats depleted from leukocyte after inhalation injury.
(9) An intact post-injury marriage was associated with improvement in education.
(10) The four deaths were not related to the injuries of parenchymatous organs.
(11) A review is presented concerning the development of new neuroimaging techniques in the last decade which have improved the diagnostic exploration of patients with spinal cord injuries, including studies of possible sequelae.
(12) Gross deformity, point tenderness and decrease in supination and pronation movements of the forearm were the best predictors of bony injury.
(13) Eighty-four paraplegic patients whose injury level was T2 or below and who were at least one year from spinal cord injury were screened for upper extremity complaints.
(14) He’s been so consistent this season.” Barkley took the two late penalties because the regular taker, Romelu Lukaku, had been withdrawn at half-time with a back injury that is likely to keep the striker out of Saturday’s trip to Stoke City.
(15) In common with other studies, we found that the injury occurred in competitive runners, especially females, and was likely to develop during competitive races or intensive training sessions.
(16) Achilles tendon overuse injuries exist as a spectrum of diseases ranging from inflammation of the paratendinous tissue (paratenonitis), to structural degeneration of the tendon (tendinosis), and finally tendon rupture.
(17) The effects of brain injury can be catastrophic and long-term so the impact of more research would be vast, but affected numbers are too small so it loses out.
(18) After the diagnosis of a soft-tissue injury (sprain, strain, or contusion) has been made, treatment must include an initial 24- to 48-hour period of RICE.
(19) Stimulation with these electrodes were effective for inducing voiding with little residual volume after the recovery of bladder reflexes, 3 weeks after experimental spinal cord injury in the dog.
(20) The severity of injury in a gunshot wound is dependent on many factors, including the type of firearm; the velocity, mass, and construction of the bullet; and the structural properties of the tissues that are wounded.