(a.) Not alterable; incapable of being altered or changed; unalterable.
(1) The individual finds himself in a situation where external forces have lead to a restriction of his world and, in addition, is subjectively sensing of the inalterability of his situation.
(2) There seems to exist an inherent barrier to the achievement of any extreme biological state, be it massive intravascular coagulation, intense euphoria, or the inalterable decision to kill oneself.
(3) The lipoproteinogram stayed inalterable in C, meanwhile alpha LP were increased and beta LP were decreased in animals on which the dietary lipidic charge had been increased.
(4) Prosthesis should be clinically inert and inalterable with time, easy to sterilize, intraoperatively mouldable, and, from the aesthetic point of view, unrecognizable at touch.
(5) This critical situation is due to different social, economic, traditional and cultural factors which stay firmly inalterable.
(6) It is pointed out that knowledge of one's self means an inalterable assumption for every person working with cancer patients.
(1) As increases to the Isa allowance are based on the CPI inflation figure for the year to the previous September, the new data suggests the current Isa limit of £15,240 will remain unchanged next year.
(2) The acute effect of alcohol manifested itself by decreasing mitochondrial respiration, compensated by increased glycolytic activity of the myocardium so that myocardial energy phosphate concentration remained unchanged.
(3) Helsby, who joined the estate agent in 1980, saw his basic salary unchanged at £225,000, but gains a £610,000 windfall in shares, available from May, as well as a £363,000 increase in cash and shares under the company profits-sharing scheme.
(4) In lactate medium the capacity of each AIB carrier is unchanged but its affinity is reduced to one-third.
(5) Glucose metabolic rates during control and reperfusion were unchanged for hearts from fasted rats, but decreased for hearts from fed rats during reperfusion.
(6) Liver bloodflow remained unchanged in AS dogs, but hepatic alanine uptake nearly tripled (p less than 0.01) and hepatic glucose production increased by 60% (p less than 0.05).
(7) Since the incidence of gastric cancer in our population seems to be unchanged, this may suggest a true increase in proximal gastric tumours.
(8) When AMT administration was discontinued 40 hrs before precipitation of withdrawal the withdrawal pattern occurred with unchanged intensity.
(9) Since then the intensive development of anti-malaria campaigns in urban areas over about ten years led temporarily to a considerable decrease in the level of endemicity, while in rural areas it remained unchanged.
(10) Visual acuity was improved in 77%, was worse in 13%, and unchanged in 10% of eyes.
(11) Repeated feedings of 1 mg of Sudan III induced cumulative increases in the concentration of menadione reductase (EC 18.104.22.168) in liver, whereas protein concentration was unchanged.
(12) Both the use of analgesics and the frequency of headache showed a significant increase for patients with post-traumatic headache when compared with a "control group" of 41 patients with unchanged headache and when compared with all patients with headache before the trauma.
(13) With the predictive control method changes in CO in the TAH were almost the same as in the NH, whereas no increase in CO occurred with the fixed control method (FC), in which operating parameters remained unchanged during exercise.
(14) The level of several host-cell polyadenylated RNAs detected as cDNA clones (class 3 transcripts) were unchanged 8 hours after HSV-2 infection, and other cellular transcripts (class 2) actually accumulated at postinfection.
(15) Under the influence of PSC, parathyroid gland function remained unchanged, but serum levels of bone alkaline phosphatase and osteocalcin were low, and urinary hydroxyproline was high.
(16) In lipid extracts of yolk, more than 90% of the radioactivity was as unchanged cholecalciferol and 5% as 25-hydroxycholecalciferol.
(17) Polysomnography has revealed that this drug has several interesting qualities that benzodiazepines do not possess: stages 3-4 increase, stage 2 is unchanged or slightly reduced and no abnormal changes are detected on the EEG tracing.
(18) For ticarcillin, 86% and 93% of the dose of the 3.1 and 3.2 gm formulations, respectively, were excreted unchanged in urine during the first 6 hours after infusion.
(19) Doses of all medications except antibiotics were kept unchanged during the study.
(20) Of the arginine analogues tested, only homoarginine and canavanine (in which all three functional groups of arginine are unchanged) were effective feeding stimulants.