(a.) Any damage or violation of, the person, character, feelings, rights, property, or interests of an individual; that which injures, or occasions wrong, loss, damage, or detriment; harm; hurt; loss; mischief; wrong; evil; as, his health was impaired by a severe injury; slander is an injury to the character.
(1) Such a signal must be due to a small ferromagnetic crystal formed when the nerve is subjected to pressure, such as that due to mechanical injury.
(2) In this study of ten consecutive patients sustaining molten metal injuries to the lower extremity who were treated with excision and grafting, treatment with compression Unna paste boot was compared with that with conventional dressing.
(3) Van Persie's knee injury meant that Mata could work in tandem with the delightfully nimble Kagawa, starting for the first time since 22 January.
(4) It is concluded that amlodipine reduces myocardial ischemic injury by mechanism(s) that may involve a reduction in myocardial oxygen demand as well as by positively influencing transmembrane Ca2+ fluxes during ischemia and reperfusion.
(5) Of the 594 patients, 23.7% died and 38.7% had documented inhalation injury.
(6) After vascular injury, smooth muscle cells proliferate, reaching a maximum rate at day 2.
(7) In more than 70 per cent of these, brain injury is the decisive lethal factor.
(8) The reduction rates of peripheral leukocytes, lung Schiff bases and lung water content were not identical in rats depleted from leukocyte after inhalation injury.
(9) An intact post-injury marriage was associated with improvement in education.
(10) The four deaths were not related to the injuries of parenchymatous organs.
(11) A review is presented concerning the development of new neuroimaging techniques in the last decade which have improved the diagnostic exploration of patients with spinal cord injuries, including studies of possible sequelae.
(12) Gross deformity, point tenderness and decrease in supination and pronation movements of the forearm were the best predictors of bony injury.
(13) Eighty-four paraplegic patients whose injury level was T2 or below and who were at least one year from spinal cord injury were screened for upper extremity complaints.
(14) He’s been so consistent this season.” Barkley took the two late penalties because the regular taker, Romelu Lukaku, had been withdrawn at half-time with a back injury that is likely to keep the striker out of Saturday’s trip to Stoke City.
(15) In common with other studies, we found that the injury occurred in competitive runners, especially females, and was likely to develop during competitive races or intensive training sessions.
(16) Achilles tendon overuse injuries exist as a spectrum of diseases ranging from inflammation of the paratendinous tissue (paratenonitis), to structural degeneration of the tendon (tendinosis), and finally tendon rupture.
(17) The effects of brain injury can be catastrophic and long-term so the impact of more research would be vast, but affected numbers are too small so it loses out.
(18) After the diagnosis of a soft-tissue injury (sprain, strain, or contusion) has been made, treatment must include an initial 24- to 48-hour period of RICE.
(19) Stimulation with these electrodes were effective for inducing voiding with little residual volume after the recovery of bladder reflexes, 3 weeks after experimental spinal cord injury in the dog.
(20) The severity of injury in a gunshot wound is dependent on many factors, including the type of firearm; the velocity, mass, and construction of the bullet; and the structural properties of the tissues that are wounded.
(n.) The act or manner of treating; management; manipulation; handling; usage; as, unkind treatment; medical treatment.
(n.) Entertainment; treat.
(1) Tryptic digestion of the membranes caused complete disappearance of the binding activity, but heat-treatment for 5 min at 70 degrees C caused only 40% loss of activity.
(2) Once treatment began, no significant changes occurred in Group 1, but both PRA and A2 rose significantly in Groups 2 and 3.
(3) Direct fetal digitalization led to a reduction in umbilical artery resistance, a decline in the abdominal circumference from 20.3 to 17.8 cm, and resolution of the ascites within 72 h. Despite this dramatic response to therapy, fetal death occurred on day 5 of treatment.
(4) In this study of ten consecutive patients sustaining molten metal injuries to the lower extremity who were treated with excision and grafting, treatment with compression Unna paste boot was compared with that with conventional dressing.
(5) The rash presented either as a pityriasis rosea-like picture which appeared about three to six months after the onset of treatment in patients taking low doses, or alternatively, as lichenoid plaques which appeared three to six months after commencement of medication in patients taking high doses.
(6) In conclusion, the efficacy of free tissue transfer in the treatment of osteomyelitis is geared mainly at enabling the surgeon to perform a wide radical debridement of infected and nonviable soft tissue and bone.
(7) Biochemical, immunocytochemical and histochemical methods were used to study the effect of chronic acetazolamide treatment on carbonic anhydrase (CA) isoenzymes in the rat kidney.
(8) Down and up regulation by peptides may be useful for treatment of cough and prevention of aspiration pneumonia.
(9) More than 2 months after the combined treatment were required for the suppression.
(10) Theoretical findings on sterilization and disinfection measures are useless for the dental practice if their efficiency is put into question due to insufficient consideration of the special conditions of dental treatment.
(11) The use of organophosphorus preparations in the treatment of ectoparasites and endoparasites of pigs is discussed.
(12) Treatment termination due to lack of efficacy or combined insufficient therapeutic response and toxicity proved to be influenced by the initial disease activity and by the rank order of prescription.
(13) With UVB treatment clinical improvement was achieved, and a less pronounced decrease in epidermal LC was noticed.
(14) Calcium alginate dressings have been used in the treatment of pressure ulcers and leg ulcers.
(15) The patients should have received treatment for at least seven days and they should not be "ill".
(16) Whether hen's egg yolk can be used as a sperm motility stimulant in the treatment of such conditions as asthenospermia and oligospermia is subjected for further study.
(17) Peripheral vascular surgery has become an increasingly common mode of treatment in non-university, community hospitals in Sweden during the last decade.
(18) We have investigated the increase in the spcDNA population upon cycloheximide treatment of individual sequences, which are found to amplify differentially.
(19) The purpose of these studies was to better understand the molecular basis of chromosome aberration formation after mitomycin C treatment.
(20) In all cases the polyarthritis is cured by anti-inflammatory treatment in 1-6 months.