(1) that were isolated from patients over a period of 4.5 years were characterized for their enzyme activities, cellular fatty acid compositions, and DNA interrelatedness among Rochalimaea spp., Bartonella bacilliformis, and Afipia felis (cat scratch disease bacillus).
(2) The results provide a further demonstration of the interrelatedness of dermatoglyphic traits.
(3) The distribution patterns of receptors for "VIP-ergic signals" in brain and lymphoid tissue indicate interrelatedness of the two organ systems.
(4) It is suggested that replication--a copying process achieved by a special network of interrelatedness of components and component-producing processes that produces the same network as that which produced them--characterizes the living organization.
(5) These new methods allow the assessment and evaluation of the interrelatedness between unobserved, latent constructs.
(6) An estimation of genetic interrelatedness was made on the basis of hybridization reactions between synthetic AAV RNA and AAV DNA.
(7) The authors discuss the interrelatedness of the central nervous system and the immune system, discuss the possible relevance of such connections to HIV immunopathology, and review research that demonstrates the effect of psychiatric and psychosocial factors on immunological status and medical outcome.
(8) The categorical interrelatedness of stimulus items was shown to be of potential importance in the resolution of the discrepancy between the 2 reports.
(9) It has been said that the way in which we understand the emotional interrelatedness of brain layers and segments may have important effects on human society.
(10) This study confirmed the interrelatedness of son preference, son mortality, and contraception in societies which clearly favor sons.
(11) The interrelatedness of seemingly discrete components is demonstrated; periodic review of such movement can contribute to judicious and efficient planning of services and their use.
(12) Scope, specificity, and interrelatedness of patient problem and nursing intervention statements on nursing care plans were studied in relation to the introduction into the nursing assessment process of an objective observation checklist and a nursing history form.
(13) This differential regulation of individual antibody classes after exposure to mucosal antigen plus the interrelatedness of the various mucous membranes of the body have important implications for host defense, pathogenesis of a variety of diseases including IgA nephropathy, and strategies of immunization.
(14) Numerical analysis of the fatty acid data supported the interrelatedness of the isolate with other species of the pseudomallei group (rRNA homology group II) of Pseudomonas.
(15) The present paper deals with the organization of the psychiatrist's behavior and the interrelatedness of the patients' and the psychiatrist's behavior.
(16) DNA hybridization confirmed the identification of one clinical isolate as R. quintana and showed a close interrelatedness (92 to 100%) among the other strains.
(17) These findings demonstrate the complex interrelatedness of life events, coping resources, and depressive symptomatology.
(18) This article is an attempt to show the interrelatedness of these concepts and includes a clinical case example of an "endogenously" depressed man who was treated for a period of 15 years.
(19) Nursing care of these patients requires the highest competence in clinical assessment based on a sound knowledge of the interrelatedness of body system and technical support devices.
(20) This paper emphasizes the interrelatedness of all parts of the model and points out the qualitative differences between the parameters.
(n.) Mutual or reciprocal relation; correlation.
(1) Regressional analysis of relations between loads and the level of inbreeding in the Adyg population showed the explicit interrelation between the load of autosomal-dominant diseases and the Fst correlation coefficient being 0.89.
(2) However, it should be stressed that none of these mechanisms is mutually exclusive; indeed, the enormous complexity of tumor promotion suggests that several of the mechanisms discussed above may very well be interrelated.
(3) The data collected by several approaches reveal that assembly and maturation of vaccinia involves a tightly coupled sequence of interrelated events including the assembly of the envelope, post-translational cleavage of several virion polypeptides, and induction of the core enzymes.
(4) One hundred and twenty five patients with non-specific lung diseases were exa mined with a view to the relation and interrelations between lung ventilation, acid base equilibrium and lipopectic lung function.
(5) The article reviews practical aspects of tissue fixation and embedding protocols as well as methodologic aspects of the protein A-gold technique; careful control of these interrelated factors is the prerequisite for successful application.
(6) Experimental infection with isolated strains of a similar plasmid profile is simulated, interrelation between the presence of plasmids and ability of the strain to induce generalized Klebsiella infection is shown.
(7) These results confirmed our general hypothesis on the dynamic interrelation between membrane lipids and membrane protein receptors, and they indicate that the widely accepted term "membrane fluidity" requires better consideration for different membrane components.
(8) The complex immunological relationships between schistosomes and their vertebrate hosts are considered to be conveniently divisible into four distinct, though interrelated categories: the parasite's vulnerability to, its evasion of, and its exploitation of the host's immune response, and its stimulation of the host's immune response to produce immunopathology.
(9) Both phenomena are interrelated: disintegration of systems releases its component functional structures from inhibition, and the uncontrolled activity of the disinhibited (hyperactive) functional structures leads further disintegration.
(10) The development of a child affected by prenatal exposure to drugs and alcohol is best understood through a multifactorial model consisting of interrelated prenatal and postnatal factors.
(11) These theories are considered and formulated in interrelated contexts of force, excitation, time, organization, and adaptation.
(12) Assessment of the interrelations among physical activity, diet, and colon cancer suggests that physical activity modifies colon cancer risk associated with diet.
(13) It is known that many of the circulatory variables are interrelated and that some are clearly related to other circadian rhythms.
(14) However, in spite of these similarities, they differentially stimulate estrogenic responses that were previously thought to be interrelated and obligatory for full estrogenic action.
(15) The presumed interrelation between early rearing conditions and the neurobiological status of the infant that might lead to increased risk for despair is not understood.
(16) The rise in frontal DP levels and decrease in late VEP components were interrelated in AD patients.
(17) Studies in which B27 was found more frequently in each of these groups confirm the interrelation and suggest a genetic predisposition with a gene related to B27.
(18) Interrelations between organic, psychogenic and functional disorders are under discussion.
(19) Consistent with theory, the components of defensiveness were interrelated.
(20) A definite inverse interrelation between the brain and the kidney renin-angiotensin systems was established.