(1) That's why the big dreams have come from the smaller candidates such as the radical left's Jean-Luc Mélenchon.
(2) His bracelets and his hair, neatly gathered in a colourful elasticated band, contrast with his unflashy day-to-day uniform of checked shirts, jeans or cheap chinos and trainers.
(3) We will together face the terrorist menace,” said Jean-Claude Juncker , president of the European commission, whose headquarters lie just a few hundred metres from the metro.
(4) And if the fathers of Europe, Jean Monnet and Robert Schuman , were alive today, they would see that their aim, to get Europe to move to a proper union through a series of crises, has moved a step closer.
(5) Crisis engulfs Gabon hospital founded to atone for colonial crimes Read more At least seven people died and more than 1,000 were arrested in violent protests following the announcement of the election result earlier this month, which the leader of the opposition, Jean Ping, said Bongo, the incumbent, had rigged.
(6) Facebook Twitter Pinterest Ramzan Kadyrov is joined by Jean-Claude Van Damme and Hilary Swank at his birthday party in Grozny in 2011.
(7) Some women attended the protest wearing jeans and T-shirts, while others took the mission of reclaiming the word "slut" – one of the stated objectives of the movement – more literally and turned out in overtly provocative fishnets and stilettos.
(8) At Montpellier, the director, Jean-Paul Montanari, said he expected the whole festival industry to collapse but blamed the centre-right government's lack of interest in culture.
(9) The Front National, founded by Jean-Marie Le Pen in 1972, has never been this close to installing its leader inside the gilded rooms of the Élysée Palace.
(10) In his V-neck sweater, dad jeans and white New Balance sneakers, Michael Lewis doesn’t look like a troublemaker.
(11) Angela Merkel has thrown her weight behind Jean-Claude Juncker for the next European commission leader, dealing a blow to David Cameron's attempts to block Luxembourg's former prime minister from taking up the role.
(12) That is how it was discovered that entries relating to the Hillsborough disaster had been offensively edited from an address in Whitehall and – as the Guardian reports – so too have entries relating to the shooting of Jean Charles de Menezes.
(13) • David Hinds (Barbados), Mark Bob Forde (Barbados), Richard Groden (Trinidad & Tobago), Yves Jean-Bart (Haiti) and Horace Reid (Jamaica) all received a warning.
(14) Sitting opposite her as she eats croissants and fixes on espresso it is hard to equate the immaculate perfection of Guillem the performer, in bobbed wig and suspenders last night, with the awkwardly engaging and somewhat bed-headed Guillem in skinny jeans and T-shirt this morning.
(15) So maybe there’s another union that needs a little taming.” He also said that Trump was not a fan of the EU, described it as “supranational and unelected” and attacked the European commission’s president, Jean-Claude Juncker.
(16) The only entirely original stage work from this period was the spectacular one-man show Needles And Opium in 1991, which intermingled stories of love and addiction from the lives of Jean Cocteau and Miles Davis with an account of the meltdown of one of Lepage's own long-term relationships.
(17) "Ninety per cent of our customers can walk in and spend $35,000 in one visit without thinking about it," store director Jean Miguel Darde said.
(18) Shortly afterwards, he was reported to have had a son, Jean, with a French-Cambodian woman.
(19) Luxembourg’s foreign minister, Jean Asselborn, said: “After the Trump victory and the Brexit vote, Austria’s voters have shown that reason, tolerance and humanity are not foreign concepts for elections in the European Union.
(20) With the final senate results still awaited, the Socialist leader, Jean-Christophe Cambadélis, played down the scale of his party’s defeat, saying it had feared greater gains by the opposition right-wing parties.
(n.) A seine. See Seine.
(1) My colleague Sean Farrell reported last night that the Scottish government had been looking for a buyer for the site .
(2) "The performance of Italy and France kind of puts Ireland's heroic non-qualification in context," suggests Sean DeLoughry, giving everyone pause for thought.
(3) Ivanka Trump thinks she is in Beauty and the Beast: more like Macbeth | Jill Abramson Read more Later in the day, the White House spokesman, Sean Spicer, said Trump was due to visit Siemens’ Technische Akademie, a vocational training college, and US architect Peter Eisenmann’s Holocaust memorial.
(4) SJ Burnley Ins Michael Keane (Man Utd, £2m) Outs None Sean Dyche’s aim was to retain Danny Ings at all costs and secure more Premier League experience.
(5) 1.25pm: Hello again from Sean Ingle from Johannesburg.
(6) An officer with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology police, Sean Collier, 26, was identified as the victim of a shooting at the university amid a manhunt for the Boston bombing suspects.
(7) Margaret Finch and Sean Mcloughlin Directors, TRP solicitors, Birmingham
(8) Labor party top 10 The Labor party benefited from a $150,000 donation from tech entrepreneur Sean Tomlinson.
(9) In that speech, Wright suggested that Manning was “overwhelmed” that the Sean MacBride award had recognized “her actions as actions for peace.” Yet the former soldier insists that she has never perceived her actions in transmitting more than 700,000 classified US classified documents to WikiLeaks in 2010-11 as an act for peace.
(10) Spotify has been courting established artists for some time, with Metallica’s Lars Ulrich famously buddying up with Spotify investor Sean Parker on-stage at the announcement of his band’s exclusive deal in December 2012.
(11) Should such negotiations founder, Burnley’s Sean Dyche also has his admirers in the Stadium of Light’s boardroom.
(12) He absolutely can win,” says Sean Lavelle, who has brought a battered American flag bandanna and two T-shirts to the party.
(13) During the hearing, Gutiérrez was cross-examined by the football club’s lawyer, Sean Jones, who alleged that he was “just in it for the money”.
(14) The 16 people named in the charges are: Patricia Quinn; Sean Quinn Junior; Collete Marie Quinn; Aoife Quinn; Brenda Quinn; Ciara Quinn; Paddy McKillen; Séamus Ross; Brian O'Farrell; John McCabe; Gerard Maguire; Patrick Kearney; Gerard Conlon; Gerard Gannon; Seán Reilly and Joseph O'Reilly.
(15) "They found Sean's body and pulled it out but he was no longer responsive.
(16) Sean Ingle Wimbledon No one has broken Roger Federer’s serve at these championships, let alone taken a set, and the appreciative midsummer murmurs from No1 Court as the seven-times Wimbledon champion elegantly dissected Tommy Robredo suggested they believe he retains the game to win a record eighth title.
(17) In Virginia, County Cavan, on Monday a forklift truck in the town's main street held up a giant poster saying: "Welcome home, Sean Quinn."
(18) This is the most pathetic thing I’ve seen in my whole time in the United States Senate … I think they ought to stop posturing and acting like idiots.” Sean Spicer , the White House press secretary, branded the Democrats’ actions “embarrassing”.
(19) Finally, Guardian sports reporter turned ace observationalist Josh Widdicombe has the ability to find the sparkle in the mundane that puts him in line to become the next Sean Lock.
(20) Photograph: Guardian The US Department of Justice announced on Wednesday that its civil rights division and the FBI would review the case for potential federal charges against Sean Williams, the police officer who shot Crawford in the Beavercreek store on the evening of 5 August.