(n.) The caul; that which covers or envelops as a caul; a net; a fold; a film.
(n.) The cocoon or chrysalis of an insect.
(1) These four antigens consisted of S of MNSs blood group, Lua of Lutheran blood group, and K and Kpa of Kell-Cellano blood group.
(2) If Henry VIII belonged to the rare Kell positive blood group , he would have found difficulty in fathering more than one child with any Kell-negative woman.
(3) A distribution rate of the leukocytic histocompatibility antigens of HLA loci, A, B, C and basic erythrocytic blood groups of the ABO system, rhesus, P, Duffy, Kell was investigated among people of Azerbaijani nationality suffering from the familial forms of urolithiasis.
(4) Amniocentesis is indicated in only a few circumstances: previous child with erythroblastosis fetalis, significant increase in maternal Coombs titer, presence of Kell antigen in the father, and after comparison of the relative risks of hemolytic disease and amniocentesis in each patient.
(5) The Kell cDNA sequence predicts a 732-amino acid protein.
(6) One of six boys chronic granulomatous disease was shown to have the rare Kell phenotype, McLeod, by both manual and Auto Analyzer techniques.
(7) The results of the present study did not show any indication of linkage between dermatoglyphic patterns on fingertips (ulnar loops, radial loops, whorls and arches) and the ABO, MN, Rh, Kell and Xg blood groups.
(8) Serological studies of the McLeod type suggest that the weak Kell antigens that are present differ qualitatively and quantitatively from those on red cells of common Kell type.
(9) Eddie Hearn on Friday handed Amir Khan and Kell Brook the ultimate incentive to bring one of British boxing’s most frustrating rivalries to a dramatic conclusion: a Wembley date in high summer.
(10) In contrast, the M and Pra antigens of glycophorin A, the Kell system antigens, and the P1 antigen became detectable only after hemin induction.
(11) The present study confirms previous findings on the ABO, MNSs, Kell, Duffy, erythrocyte acid phosphatase, adenosine deaminase and adenylate kinase systems, and contributes the first account of the peptidase A, B, C and D, first and second locus phosphoglucomutase, glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase, esterase D, haptoglobin, transferrin, Gm and Inv systems in the Njinga.
(12) Kell Brook keeps focus to beat Canada’s Kevin Bizier in two rounds Read more Eubank Jr appeared as if he was tiring but he did enough in the early rounds to have won on points had it gone the distance.
(13) Fetal hematocrit values of blood obtained by percutaneous umbilical blood sampling were correlated with ultrasound findings in 35 samples from 15 pregnancies undergoing evaluation for Rh or Kell sensitization.
(14) It is suggested that either non-specific adsorption of the anti-K may have occurred due to the Matuhasi-Ogata phenomenon; or, the antibody was an auto "minicking anti-K" capable of reacting with a broader specificity within the Kell system.
(15) I have no interest in fighting Kell Brook at the moment because there are so many other, bigger fights out there for me,” said Khan.
(16) Mouse hybridoma clones have produced monoclonal antibodies directed against the K:14 and K:2 high-incidence antigens of the Kell blood group system.
(17) Screening for Kell antigen before transfusing premenopausal women would be a means of avoiding erythroblastosis, but the rarity of severe disease does not justify this approach.
(18) At this concentration of DTT, only the Jsa and Jsb antigens are completely denatured; all other Kell system antigens tested (K, k, Kpb, Ku) are essentially unaffected.
(19) An 84-year-old woman with intestinal bleeding had marked reduction of red blood cell antigenicity in the Kell system, and a positive direct antiglobulin test caused by auto-anti-Kpb.
(20) In 239 German patients with atopic conditions (atopic dermatitis, hay fever, allergic rhinitis, bronchial asthma, and acute urticaria) the phenotype and gene distribution of 15 genetic blood polymorphisms (ABO, MNSs, rhesus, P, Kell, Duffy, Kidd, Hp, Gc, Gm, Inv, aP, PGM1, EsD, and 6-PGD) were analyzed and compared with those in 151 selected controls (individuals clinically free of allergic conditions and without allergy in the family history).
(v. t.) To pelt; to knock about.
(n.) A skin or hide; a pelt.
(n.) A roll of parchment; a parchment record.
(1) Jamie Jackson Manchester United’s Ashley Young out for ‘long time’ with serious groin injury Read more Kick-off Saturday 3pm Venue Old Trafford Last season Manchester United 0 Southampton 1 Referee Mike Jones This season G 15, Y 49, R 1, 3.40 cards per game Odds H 5-6 A 7-2 D 5-2 Manchester United Subs from Romero, Pereira, Powell, Rashford, Tuanzebem, Goss, McNair, Varela, Depay, Januzaj, Mata Doubtful None Injured Shaw (broken leg, May), Valencia (ankle, Mar), Rojo (shoulder, unknown), Carrick (unknown), Young (groin, unknown), Schweinsteiger (knee), Jones (match fitness) Suspended None Form LLDWDW Discipline Y37 R0 Leading scorer Rooney 6 Premier League: 10 things to look out for this weekend Read more Southampton Subs from Stekelenburg, K Davis, Martina, Yoshida, Clasie, Romeu, Tadic, Austin, Pelle, Juanmi Doubtful Stekelenburg (knock) Injured Rodriguez (knee, Mar), Gardos (knee, unknown) Suspended None Form LWLLWW Discipline Y38 R3 Leading scorer Pellè 6
(2) "I apologise once again to the victims and their families for the terrible suffering that has been brought to bear by these crimes," Pell told a mass of thanksgiving on Thursday night.
(3) Next week, when Pell is giving evidence at the royal commission, I look forward to your comments about Catholicism and what our church needs to do to drag itself into the modern world.
(4) Commission chair Justice Peter McClellan says Pell will be required to answer the allegations in a statement.
(5) The president of the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference, Archbishop Denis Hart, also congratulated Pell, saying he was well suited to such an important appointment.
(6) He went on to point to the opportunities that lie ahead for the likes of James Ward-Prowse, Sam Gallagher, Jack Stephens, Jordan Turnbull, Matt Targett and Sam McQueen next term, with Koean having only recruited Dusan Tadic and Graziano Pelle from Dutch football to date.
(7) I would never have condoned or participated in a decision to transfer Ridsdale in the knowledge that he had abused children, and I did not do so.” Pell said he continued to regret the misunderstanding between himself and David Ridsdale and he stood by his previous sworn denial of Ridsdale’s allegations.
(8) Cardinal Pell has shown exceptional and high-profile leadership in the Australian Church and will have an important contribution to make to the universal Church in this area of finance.” News Corporation executive chairman Rupert Murdoch lauded the announcement on Twitter.
(9) Pope Francis has tended to stand by officials if they are publicly under attack and there are no signs that he is backing off from his support of Pell.
(10) Father Pell said ‘don’t be ridiculous’ and walked out,” said Green.
(11) Pell, who is Archbishop of Sydney is meanwhile described by The Australian as a 20-1 favourite to take over Benedict's job.
(12) Claims that Pell ignored or sought to silence allegations of abuse are more than a decade old.
(13) There was an internal backlash that had to do with the impression that Pell has accumulated too much power around himself and that he was setting himself up as a tinhorn dictator,” said Allen.
(14) Pell has previously apologised to victims of clergy sex abuse for the pain they endured.
(15) Pope Francis on Monday revealed Pell would become one of the most powerful men in the Catholic church with his new body having authority over all economic and administrative activities within the Holy See and Vatican.
(16) Observers say Pell is not the only man who has been caught in a difficult position.
(17) This week Saunders claimed in an interview in Australia that Pell’s allegedly “callous” past treatment of sex abuse victims was “almost sociopathic”.
(18) Tony Abbott has declined to say whether Cardinal George Pell should return to Australia from the Vatican to address claims made against him this week at the royal commission into institutional responses to child sexual abuse.
(19) Vatican official George Pell 'corrects record' after abuse victim's bribery claim Read more “I am committed to complete cooperation with the royal commission,” the statement from Pell said.
(20) In a previous publication, Pell et al described the cancer epidemiologic surveillance program that was begun in the Du Pont Company in 1956 and presented standardized cancer incidence and mortality data through 1974 for Du Pont employees compared with such data for the US general population.