(n.) An officer who bore an ax and fasces or rods, as ensigns of his office. His duty was to attend the chief magistrates when they appeared in public, to clear the way, and cause due respect to be paid to them, also to apprehend and punish criminals.
(n.) A person clothed with power as a public civil officer; a public civil officer invested with the executive government, or some branch of it.
(1) Any party or witness is entitled to use Welsh in any magistrates court in Wales without prior notice.
(2) Criminal court charges leave me no choice but to resign as a magistrate Read more “This is a terrible piece of legislation introduced through the back door,” he wrote.
(3) He was fined £800 and ordered to pay £3,500 costs by the Furness and District Magistrate court after being prosecuted by the CAA.
(4) At 12, Focus E15 were served with a notice to appear in Bow magistrates court at 2pm.
(5) Minor injuries, which are likely to receive short sentences, are generally more suitable for magistrates court trial,” the report said.
(6) He appeared at Ipswich magistrates court on Monday and was remanded in custody.
(7) Anderson Fernandes, 22, appeared before magistrates in Manchester charged with burglary after he took two scoops of coffee ice-cream and a cone from Patisserie Valerie in the city centre.
(8) In Frankston magistrates court last April, Goldsbrough heard an application by Rosie Batty to have the conditions on an intervention order further tightened to prevent Anderson, her ex-partner, from seeing Luke.
(9) Bob Hutchinson, who was deputy bench chairman of the Fylde Coast magistrates, has resigned after 11 years.
(10) He was found guilty of assault by beating and causing criminal damage on 13 July at Brighton magistrates court.
(11) This drew the attention of the district magistrate who ordered an inquiry into the cases identified, and for local employers to provide a ration shop, a primary health centre and clean water supply for workers.
(12) The magistrate delayed Pistorius's bail hearing until next Tuesday and Wednesday, and ruled that the 26-year-old would be held at a Pretoria police station until then.
(13) Paris police launch inquiry after Chelsea fans seen abusing black man on film Read more Handing down the orders at Stratford magistrates court on Wednesday, he said it was a racist incident that tarnished English football.
(14) Magistrates are taking note of all the Geneva-based lawyers and other agents named in media coverage of the leak.
(15) Non-payment of the licence fee accounts for around 10% of all criminal prosecutions in magistrates courts.
(16) In 95 fresh and fixed anatomical preparations, peculiarities of topographic-anatomical relations and morphometric indices of magistral arteries and their large branches have been studied in the pelvic girdle and a free hind extremity in mongrel dogs according to the type of their habitus.
(17) In every pancreatic islet an afferent arterial vessel is described, two types of its branching are determined: magistral and scattered.
(18) Dressed in a dark suit and dark tie, Pistorius, 26, appeared composed as he entered Pretoria magistrates court and faced a wall of cameras.
(19) Alexis Bailey, 31, who works at Stockwell primary school in Stockwell Road, south London, was arrested in Richer Sounds, Croydon, just after midnight on Monday, Highbury Corner magistrates in north London heard.
(20) Lisa Jones, prosecuting, told Swansea magistrates at an earlier hearing: "Fabrice Muamba collapsed on the pitch and was believed to have died.