(n.) An easy gait, consisting of long running strides or leaps.
(1) (Williamson, D.H., Lopes-Vieira, O., and Walker, B.
(2) Yet mid-afternoon on June 12 2000, Lopes Neves embarked on the most traumatic bus journey of her life.
(3) His intoxicated lope through a park was captured on CCTV and later posted on YouTube .
(4) Chelsea overcome nerves to top group and move into last 16 at Porto’s expense Read more Although Paco Alcácer drew a save from Anthony Lopes, Lyon were the better side, allowed to travel a long way when they came forward, and it was not a huge surprise when Cornet scored.
(5) 32, 1003; Steiner, L. A., & Lopes, A. D. (1979) Biochemistry (preceding paper in this issue)].
(6) "The fall in infant mortality is the result of families having greater access to information, health services and income," Brazil's social development and hunger minister, Marcia Carvalho Lopes, says.
(7) "After the first teargas bomb, my brother and I ran with a few others to flee the police," said Julia Lopes, 27, who was among 30,000 local people demonstrating before the Brazilian national side's showcase Confederations Cup match against Mexico.
(8) Finally, 30 minutes later, Bloomberg loped onstage, a protocol-observant second ahead of South Africa's president, Jacob Zuma.
(9) 1984; Lopes and Guggino 1987; Richards and Dawson 1986) as well as chloride channel activity (Hudson and Schultz 1988).
(10) The one-time trio have been performing with Lil Mama in place of the late Lisa "Left-Eye" Lopes .
(11) "There is a big possibility of … President [Lula] being a candidate again either in 2014 or in 2018," admitted Marcia Carvalho Lopes, Brazil's minister for social development.
(12) The cytoplasm revealed well dev-loped granular endoplasmic reticulum and multiple Golgi complexes.
(13) Previous guests include the Guns 'N' Roses frontman Axl Rose, compared to whom Lopes seemed to suggest a squad of footballers would be a piece of cake.
(14) Not used Lopes, Bruno Alves, Carvalho, Vieirinha, André Gomes, Rafa Silva, Eliseu, Eduardo, Danilo Pereira.
(15) 5.30pm GMT Tottenham's striker hunt ... Spurs continue to serenade Damiao but they have others irons in the fire too: word is they're nattering with Lyon about Lisandro Lopes.
(16) Especially "bi-loped flaps" will be used, and some variations of this type of flap are described.
(17) All of a sudden, Lopes Neves realised that she and a dozen other passengers were trapped inside - hijacked by an extremely agitated, apparently drugged-up young man.
(18) The Second Coolest Person in the World (cf last week's NME ) lopes into the offices of Rough Trade Records in cords and round-neck woolly, a stick insect wrapped in secondhand chic.
(19) "The PT is going to explode, it will be all about the women," Lopes said, outlining the party's plans to field female candidates in several of Minas Gerais' largest cities, among them Governador Valadares and Juiz de Fora.
(20) Lopes drafted the Maria da Penha law five years ago, to offer protection to women who were victims or likely to become victims of domestic violence.
(n.) Originally, a leather flask or vessel for oils or liquids; afterward, an earthenware vase or pitcher without a spout.
(1) Therefore it was used as the only substrate to test the presence of anti-epithelial cell antibodies (anti-ECA) in a large group of patients with OLP and other oral mucosal diseases or normal control subjects.
(2) The results suggest a defect in OLP T cell activation disclosed by in vitro PHA stimulation and occurring between IL-2 receptor ligand binding and gamma-interferon secretion.
(3) The results showed that anti-ECA were detected in 54% (34 of 63) of patients with OLP, 71% (15 of 21) of patients with aphthous ulcers, 29% (6 of 21) of patients with oral carcinoma, 20% (2 of 10) of patients with traumatic ulcer, and 7% (1 of 15) of patients with periodontitis but none of the healthy control subjects (n = 41).
(4) The highest correlation coefficients were demonstrated when NET was performed over the marginal and zygomatic branches of the facial nerve and OLP ENoG recorded in the nasolabial region.
(5) The PHA-induced expression of IL-2 receptor and T cell proliferation were similar in both groups whereas gamma-interferon secretion and MHC locus II antigen expression were low in OLP patients compared with controls (p less than 0.01).
(6) Most of the patients had the subjective feeling that the clinical appearance of OLP, including discomfort, became worse during times of mental stress.
(7) These results suggest that OLP patients' lymphocyte and neutrophil functions are impaired, and that cellular immunosuppression is a pathologic characteristic of OLP.
(8) It's confirmed that OLP patients with higher risk of liver disease are those that have erosive lesions with severe symptoms and often diffused in the entire oral cavity; furthermore, it's highlighted that the probability to find liver disease associated with reticular and plaque-like form of OLP is low, but not negligible.
(9) A study of HLA-DR and DQ typing in 44 patients with oral lichen planus (OLP) (28 women and 16 men) and in 107 normal controls of both sexes was performed by using Terasaki's oriental tray.
(10) ABI exhibited the highest IL-6, and the cytokine level was lower in RAS, PMC, HGS and OLP in this order.
(11) The subjects ranged in age from 33 to 80 years and 28 of the cases had OLP changes of atrophic-erosive type.
(12) One (8%) patient showed a positive patch test to two mercury compounds whereas no mercury allergy was found in a reference group of 17 patients suspected of dental restorative material allergy but without OLP lesions.
(13) Immunoelectrophoresis showed an abnormal pattern in 10 OLP cases (29%), the most common change being a polyclonal increase of IgG in 8 persons.
(14) Twelve patients with oral lichen planus (OLP) suspected of dental restorative metal allergy were examined.
(15) The current study evaluated the activation of T-cell mediated cellular immune response in the oral lesions in lichen planus (OLP).
(16) Twenty patients with oral lichen planus (OLP) were divided into two groups.
(17) For assessment of in vitro cell-mediated suppressor activity in OLP, peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC) from ten patients with OLP and from 11 control subjects were activated with the plant mitogen concanavalin A (Con A), followed by co-culture with autologous responder cells.
(18) To investigate the role of systemic factors such as age, diabetes, and hypertension in the formation of subepithelial immune deposits in oral lichen planus (OLP) we performed circulating immune complex CIC determinations by polyethylene glycol precipitation in sera of patients with OLP, diabetes mellitus, and hypertension and in sera of healthy control subjects.
(19) Rat esophagus, monkey esophagus, as well as human oral mucosa and skin were used to detect anti-BCA in sera of OLP patients.
(20) Two-color flow cytometry of lymphocytes revealed no proportional difference in CD3 or CD4 cells between OLP and controls.