(n.) The common European gull (Larus canus); -- called also mar. See New, a gull.
(1) 99mTc-MAA accumulation was seen in the left lobe of the liver in a patient with occlusion of the IVC and common iliac veins.
(2) Twenty thermally injured patients who could not tolerate enteral nutrition support were randomized to receive parenteral nutrition (PN) with either modified amino acids (MAA) or standard amino acids (SAA).
(3) To determine if embolization of sclerosant to or through the pulmonary circulation occurs, chest scintigrams were performed following intravariceal injection of 1-3 mCi 99m-Tc-MAA mixed with 5-20cc of sclerosant in 18 patients undergoing a total of 25 sclerotherapy sessions.
(4) Monoclonal antibodies (MoAbs) 225.28, 657.9, and 902.5 recognizing distinct epitopes of the human high molecular weight melanoma associated antigen (HMW-MAA) were used to investigate the molecular and cellular heterogeneity of the HMW-MAA synthesized by human melanoma cells.
(5) Clones from Me28 presented a marked heterogeneity for class-I and class-II HLA antigens but were more homogeneous for MAA.
(6) Co-administration of MAA and CoCl2 enhanced the MAA-induced increase of hepatic microsomal gamma-GTP activity in rats.
(7) Furthermore, it appears that MAA is the proximate toxicant for ME-induced alterations in the immune system, as has been demonstrated for ME-induced reproductive and developmental toxicity.
(8) Therefore we conclude that 99mTc-MAA perfusion combined with preoperative intra-arterial infusion is a very useful method in cases involving limb salvage surgery.
(9) Using MAA, three forms of actin have been identified in the whole fluke and a single one in the tegumental spines.
(10) Half-lives vary from 1 to 2 hours with propyphenazone, to about 7 hours with dipyrone (2 hours for the active metabolite of dipyrone, 4-methylaminoantipyrine, MAA).
(11) Pulmonary scintigraphy using 99mTc-MAA clearly demonstrated a perfusion defect in the entire left lung of an 11-month-old girl with endobronchial foreign body.
(12) Release of MAA did not result solely from cell death since it was greater than that of 51Cr-labeled molecules and cell viability was over 98%.
(13) We have previously shown that affinity chromatography on insolubilized anti-idiotypic MAbs is a useful method for purifying immunoreactive anti-HMW-MAA MAb TP61.5 from 125I-labelled MAb preparations and that not all the anti-idiotypic MAbs are useful for this purpose.
(14) Preferential DNA-mediated transferability of the 96-kDa MAA+ phenotype into B78H1 cells as compared with LMTK- mouse fibroblasts suggests host cell specificity of 96-kDa MAA gene expression.
(15) The effects of IFN-gamma on the cytoplasmic MAA are similar to those of leukocyte and fibroblast interferons, whereas those on the membrane-bound MAA are significantly different.
(16) The mouse anti-idiotype (anti-id) monoclonal antibody (mAb) IMel-1 recognizes an idiotope in the antigen combining site of the immunizing anti-human high molecular weight melanoma-associated antigen (HMW-MAA) mAb 225.28.
(17) However, the degree of heterogeneity of HMW-MAA within a positive primary ALM lesion, as measured by the percentage of stained melanoma cells, is lower than that of Mr 97,000 MAA and GD3.
(18) In vitro incubation of melanoma cells with a combination of the three 125I-labeled anti-HMW-MAA MoAbs results in a marked additive binding only when the MoAbs are used at saturating concentrations.
(19) A method was developed for the analysis of 99mTc MAA perfusion and 99mTc phytate colloid aerosol inhalation distribution patterns.
(20) In cases of symptoms of venous disease, phleboscintigrams showed such pathological features as construction or dilation of veins, foci of accumulated 99mTc-labeled MAA and collateral blood flow.
(n.) A small lake. See Mere.
(v.) To make defective; to do injury to, esp. by cutting off or defacing a part; to impair; to disfigure; to deface.
(v.) To spoil; to ruin.
(n.) A mark or blemish made by bruising, scratching, or the like; a disfigurement.
(1) With the flat-fee system, drug charges are not recorded when the drug is dispensed by the pharmacy; data for charging doses are obtained directly from the MAR forms generated by the nursing staff.
(2) Paul Doyle Kick-off Sunday midday Venue St Mary’s Stadium Last season Southampton 2 Leicester City 2 Live Sky Sports 1 Referee Michael Oliver This season G 18, Y 60, R 1, 3.44 cards per game Odds H 5-6 A 4-1 D 5-2 Southampton Subs from Taylor, Martina, Stephens, Davis, Rodriguez, Sims, Ward-Prowse Doubtful Bertrand, Davis, Van Dijk (all match fitness) Injured Boufal (knee, Jan), Hesketh (ankle, Feb), Targett (hamstring, Feb), Austin (shoulder, Mar), Pied (knee, Jun), Gardos (knee, unknown) Suspended None Form DWLLLL Discipline Y37 R2 Leading scorer Austin 6 Leicester City Subs from Zieler, Hamer, Wasilewski, Gray, Fuchs, James, Okazaki, Hernández, Kapustka, King Doubtful None Injured None Suspended None Unavailable Amartey, Mahrez, Slimani (Africa Cup of Nations) Form LDLWDL Discipline Y44 R1 Leading scorers Slimani, Vardy 5
(3) A patient with rapidly fatal hypereosinophilic syndrome and a bone marrow chromosomal abnormality, 49,XYY,t(3:5),+8,+mar, is described.
(4) Along with a lengthy list of cameos, Girls actor Gaby Hoffmann and Party Down star Martin Starr appear as former Neptune High classmates new to the Veronica Mars universe.
(5) For LO versus MAR and LO versus HI, differences in DR were positively related to differences in the plasma ROH pool size.
(6) Mars is a much more hostile environment than people realise, they point out.
(7) Radioactive gas was released from the medium solution used in the Viking Labeled Release (LR) experiment when interacted with the clays, at rates and quantities similar to those measured by Viking on Mars.
(8) 59: 142-153), we described the production and use of complement-dependent virus-neutralizing monoclonal antibodies (MAbs) and MAb-resistant (mar) mutants to identify five antigenic sites (I to V) on herpes simplex virus type 1 glycoprotein B (gB).
(9) "We hope that we can help in designing the future missions to Mars," said the Frenchman, Romain Charles.
(10) In three patients with CD3- leukemia examined, one showed karyotype abnormality of 46, XY, -10, +mar and the delta gene of TCR was rearranged in one patient.
(11) A comparative study between MAR test and IBT in 142 seminal samples is presented by the authors and their concordance with TAT and SIT is also evaluated.
(12) These involved two craft being carried to Mars and landed with precision on its surface.
(13) Cadbury became the world's largest confectionery company in 2003 after buying up a number of gum brands, including Trident and Stride, but ceded the number one spot to Mars when it took over gum maker Wrigley last year.
(14) There are also the newer methods of the passive hemagglutination assay, the radio-label-antiglobulin test, the ELISA, the hemadsorption procedure, and the ATP-luminescence cytotoxicity method, plus indirect MAR (mixed antiglobulin reaction) and IBT (immunobead test) procedures.
(15) A Del Mar Avionics Pressurometer III system recorded an average of 121 readings on each subject.
(16) Those people will train for seven years; Mars One plans to run a reality TV show with an "audience vote" deciding who will ultimately get the nod .
(17) Miliband's decision to appoint Johnson as his chief spokesman on the economy sent a signal that he intends to assert his own authority on Labour's economic policy, reducing the risk of the splits that marred the Brown-Blair era.
(18) From one phasmid, several marA-containing fragments were cloned: those of greater than or equal to 7.8 kbp restored the ability to form Mar mutants in a deletion strain.
(19) Giant spiders from Mars This is particularly handy later, when we encounter the mid-level boss, a giant spider-like vehicle known as a Fallen Walker.
(20) He insists that it'll help Nasa with the Mars mission and other prospective manned missions to outer space.