(1) Neurons from rat fetal cerebral hemispheres were grown in a synthetic medium (Maat medium), as previously described, for different periods of time.
(2) Formation of the external aldimine with 2-methylaspartate is accompanied by tilting of the coenzyme ring by 44 degrees in cAAT and 39 degrees in mAAT.
(3) Distributions of the activities of the cytosolic (cAAT) and mitochondrial (mAAT) isoenzymes of aspartate aminotransferase were determined in rat retinal layers.
(4) The distribution of total AAT activity (tAAT = cAAT + mAAT) and of mAAT activity correlated well (r = 0.88-0.91) with the distribution of MDH activity.
(5) These results suggest that testosterone stimulated mAAT activity by induction of pmAAT mRNA.
(6) Phentolamine did not alter the noradrenaline effect on either mAAT or cAAT; it decreased significantly the free form of the mAAT activity only.
(7) This continues to support our proposal that a major physiological effect of testosterone is increased pmAAT mRNA steady-state levels which result in increased pmAAT synthesis and increased mAAT activity.
(8) The pmAAT mRNA induction occurred 30 min after testosterone treatment and was maximal by 1.5 h. Prostatic mAAT activity was also induced by testosterone with a 1-2 h lag period.
(9) Distributions of activity of the cytosolic (cAAT) and mitochondrial (mAAT) isoenzymes of aspartate aminotransferase and of malate dehydrogenase (MDH) were determined in guinea pig retinal layers.
(10) This continues to support our proposal that testosterone regulates prostate citrate production via a stimulatory effect on mAAT which results in increased mitochondrial synthesis of citrate from aspartate.
(11) For the quinonoid complex with erythro-3-hydroxyaspartate, the tilt angles were found to be 63 degrees in cAAT and 53 degrees in mAAT.
(12) The effects of testosterone on mitochondrial aspartate aminotransferase (mAAT) synthesis in rat ventral prostate was investigated.
(13) cAAT was highest in the photoreceptor inner segments, inner nuclear layer and inner plexiform layer; mAAT was highest in the inner segments.
(14) cAAT activity was also highest in the inner segments, but the difference between the activity in the inner segments and the other layers was not nearly as great as with mAAT.
(15) Cytosolic and mitochondrial pig aspartate aminotransferases (cAAT and mAAT) and chicken cAAT were oriented in a compressed slab of polyacrylamide gel.
(16) Maat medium improved the purity and longevity of neuronal cultures.
(17) As a result of protonation, the coenzyme tilts by 27 degrees in cAAT and 13 degrees in mAAT.
(18) Insertion of an 18-nucleotide-long poly(G) tract into the 3'-terminal untranslated region of yeast phosphoglycerate kinase (PGK1) mRNA increases its chemical half-life by about a factor of 2 (P. Vreken, R. Van der Veen, V. C. H. F. de Regt, A. L. de Maat, R. J. Planta, and H. A. Raué, Biochimie 73:729-737, 1991).
(19) Prolactin (PRL) has been reported to stimulate citrate production and the activity of mitochondrial aspartate aminotransferase (mAAT) and its precursor form pmAAT in prostate epithelial cells.
(20) The differences in the coenzyme tilt angles between cAAT and mAAT might be linked to catalytic peculiarities of the isoenzymes.
(n.) A market.
(n.) A bargain.
(v. t.) To buy or sell in, or as in, a mart.
(v. t.) To traffic.
(n.) The god Mars.
(n.) Battle; contest.
(1) The latest update came as Wal-Mart unveiled flat first-quarter earnings.
(2) Nothing doing for Marte who can do nothing with an inside fastball - that's four strikeouts now for Wainwright - at least Marte saw 12 pitches, but that's small consolation down seven runs.
(3) It's an RBI DOUBLE OFF THE WALL IN LEFT FIELD THAT SCORES MARTE!
(4) Seven species of helminths were recovered during a survey of 162 fisher (Martes pennanti) from four areas of Manitoba: Baylisascaris devosi in 52 fisher; Taenia sibirica in 25; Physaloptera sp.
(5) She’s only 14, but that’s not too young for a Mitchell to start making trouble, as her attempt at the old five-finger discount on a bottle of the Minute Mart’s finest wine demonstrated.
(6) "If you want to find out everything that is wrong not only with American but with capitalist culture, it's all in that security guard who got killed on Black Friday" - the man who was trampled to death during the first day of sales at a Long Island branch of Wal-Mart.
(7) Forbes has just estimated her personal worth at $US18bn (£11.3bn) – putting her ahead of Google's founders, and fast advancing on the $26bn family fortune controlled by Christy Walton, of the US Wal-Mart dynasty.
(8) I won't blame you if you don't), faces Marte to lead off the Pirates fourth inning.
(9) They weave an exchange and mart of support, old giving more in the currency of care, and that in itself fuels an enjoyment of life.
(10) 10.41pm BST Cardinals 2 - Pirates 1, bottom of the 9th Rosenthal gets ahead 0-2 on Starling Marte, who avoids swinging at two pitches out of the zone.
(11) Starling Marte, Pedro Alvarez and Andrew McCutchen need help but at the very very least a .500 record seems in the bag.
(12) Baccharis triptera Mart, is a widespread Compositae used in Brazilian folk medicine to treat gastrointestinal disturbances, rheumatic disease, mild fever, diabetes and as an anti-helminthic.
(13) A new linear polyketide, Annonacin (I), has been isolated from active extracts of the stembark of Annona densicoma Mart.
(14) It is sad as we have been made to understand that Marte has today completely fallen under the control of the insurgents, which to us is a very huge setback,” said Alhaji Zannah Mustapha, vice governor of the Borno state.
(15) The ancestral palmyrah palm (Borassus aethiopum Mart.)
(16) Then Martinez is hit by a slider that barely grazes V-Mart putting him at first with two outs.
(17) The TV show features a convenience store called Kwik-E-Mart owned by an Indian man called Apu, but that appeared news to Springfield's real, numerous Indian store clerks.
(18) It's a huge difference to have V-Mart in the lineup, something they didn't have last regular season and in the playoffs after missing all of 2012 with a blown out left knee.
(19) Leighton, 57, became chief executive in 1996 and sold the chain to Wal-Mart in 1999 for £6.7bn.
(20) A study of the sinuses parasites was carried out on 206 skulls of small mustelidae: Mustela putorius (52), M. nivalis (17), M. erminea (13), Martes foina (102), and M. martes (11) from Eastern France.