(1) DMPDDF exhibited excellent growth inhibition of Manca human lymphoid leukemia and H35 hepatoma cells in culture.
(2) Intratumor as well as intraperitoneal administration of the human-mouse chimeric antibody repressed the tumor growth of Manca cells in nude mice.
(3) Varying the medium folic acid (PteGlu) concentration over the range of 0.5 to 100 microM increasingly blocks the growth inhibitory effects of the individual antifolates in Manca human lymphoma cells, but increasingly enhances the synergistic interaction of both TMTX + DDATHF and TMTX+ PDDF combinations.
(4) In tests against other folate-utilizing enzymes, 11a and 11b were found to be inhibitors of glycinamide ribonucleotide formyltransferase (GAR formyltransferase) from one bacterial (Lactobacillus casei) and two mammalian (Manca and L1210) sources with 11a being decidedly more inhibitory than 11b.
(5) Using probes that span greater than 120 kilobases across the human beta-globin gene locus, we show that the majority of this domain replicates in early S phase in the human erythroleukemia cell line K562 and in middle-to-late S phase in the lymphoid cell line Manca.
(6) In addition, compound 5 also failed to inhibit glycinamide ribonucleotide formyltransferase from L. casei and from Manca cells.
(7) The target compound 2, its aromatic precursor 18, and the nonclassical analogue 4 were evaluated as inhibitors of the growth of Manca human lymphoma cells and also as inhibitors of human dihydrofolate reductase, human thymidylate synthase, glycinamide ribonucleotide formyltransferase, and aminoimidazole carboxamide ribonucleotide formyltransferase.
(8) The title compound was tested as an inhibitor of the growth of Manca human lymphoma cells and also as an inhibitor of TS from Manca cells and Lactobacillus casei and was found to be inactive.
(9) In Manca cell extracts, the (6S) form is more potent than the (6R) form whereas in the murine system the reverse is true.
(10) The regulation of P0 RNA was studied in the B-cell lymphoma cell line Manca, in which only the translocated c-myc allele lacking exon 1 was thought to be active.
(11) A high-resolution two-dimensional polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (2D-PAGE) was used for total cellular polypeptide mapping of two established lymphoma cell lines; MANCA, a Burkitt's line representing a high grade lymphoma (HGL) and WSU-NHL (nodular histiocytic lymphoma) representing an intermediate grade lymphoma (IGL).
(12) Aminopterin was accumulated mainly as the diglutamate, particularly in Manca cells where 70% of total drug was in the diglutamate form within the first 3 h and remained the predominant form for 24 h.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS)
(13) Growth-inhibition studies with H35 hepatoma, Manca human lymphoma, and CCRF-CEM human leukemia cells established greater cytotoxic effects with compounds 3-5 than with compounds 1 and 2. gamma-Methyleneglutamate derivatives 3-5 were transported to H35 hepatoma cells better than MTX or beta-hydroxyglutamate derivatives 1 and 2.
(14) Cytotoxicity of the four analogues against the murine L1210 leukemia and the human Manca B cell leukemia, as determined by a 3-h clonogenic assay, showed aminopterin and the two 10-deazaaminopterin compounds to be approximately equivalent for each cell type and were 3- to 10- (L1210) and 7- to 14-fold (Manca) more potent than methotrexate.
(15) Comparisons have been made of the levels of transcripts of the translocated c-myc gene in ST486 and CA46, where the gene is not associated with the heavy chain enhancer, with its expression in the Manca cell, in which it is.
(16) The maximum relative extents of total polyglutamate accumulation in L1210 cells were 85 to 95% of the total drug at 24 h. In Manca cells, the maximum polyglutamate accumulation was also 85 to 95%, but this was obtained by 6 h. However, in Sarcoma 180 cells, only aminopterin polyglutamates reached a similar maximum percentage of accumulation, while lower relative polyglutamate levels were achieved with the other analogues.
(17) Biodistribution and specificity of targeting were assessed by comparison among three cells, A4, lung cancer SBC-3 (c-erbB-2 weakly positive) and B-lymphoblastoid Manca cells (c-erbB-2 negative).
(18) Manca cell growth is inhibited 50% by HPteGlu and (6R,S)-5-methyl-H4HPteGlu at 6 and 8 microM, respectively.
(19) In spite of what was detected in a human lymphoma cell line (Manca) carrying a similar rearrangement, in this case the amount of c-myc transcript was not increased compared to an Epstein-Barr virus-transformed normal lymphoblastoid cell line obtained from the same patient.
(20) The in vivo administration of a recently described recombinant human-mouse chimeric antibody specific for a human common acute lymphocytic leukemia antigen (cALLA) caused significant inhibition of the tumorigenic growth of human leukemic cells (Manca cells, expressing cALLA on the surface) which were implanted into nude mice.
(n.) An old Anglo Saxon coin both of gold and silver, and of variously estimated values. The silver mancus was equal to about one shilling of modern English money.