(n.) An old Anglo Saxon coin both of gold and silver, and of variously estimated values. The silver mancus was equal to about one shilling of modern English money.
(pl. ) of Manus
(n.) The distal segment of the fore limb, including the carpus and fore foot or hand.
(1) It is unclear if the steps against Australian advisers have any connection to the Manus dispute.
(2) But a former Manus immigration caseworker, Liz Thompson, told Guardian Australia on Tuesday she was aware of at least three cases where asylum seekers on Manus had presented their sexuality as a reason for their persecution during protection interviews since September last year, indicating the department would be well aware there were gay asylum seekers on Manus.
(3) In figures from 2014 and 2015, Iranians were the dominant cohort on both Manus and Nauru.
(4) No asylum seeker on Manus has had a refugee claim processed.
(5) The immigration minister, Scott Morrison, headed to Papua New Guinea on Friday to discuss Manus Island violence and refugee resettlement and to iron out what the PNG foreign minister, Rimbink Pato, describes as “bumps” in an asylum policy partnership that is still intact.
(6) In a tweet, the Department of Immigration and Border Protection denied the incident took place: “Reports of a disturbance at the Manus Offshore processing centre are false.” Detainees and staff on the island insist it did take place.
(7) Manus Island detention centre to close, Papua New Guinea prime minister says Read more Australia’s immigration minister, Peter Dutton , told Sky News on Thursday morning there was room on Nauru to take additional detainees.
(8) Refugees still stuck on Manus Island need to be allowed to move freely, get jobs and be productive members of PNG society – that is, to get on with their lives.
(9) Already one man held on Manus, Hamid Kehazaei, has died this year from an infection .
(10) Guardian Australia has been told some of the men imprisoned were taken from the Manus centre’s secret solitary confinement cells, the Chauka isolation unit.
(11) Only a handful of countries raised the issue of the Manus detention centre during PNG’s UPR session.
(12) Lomai’s case is on similar grounds to the successful challenge brought by PNG opposition leader Belden Namah , which argued the detention regime on Manus breached Section 42 of the PNG constitution guaranteeing a person’s right to liberty.
(13) A spokesman for Transfield Services, the company contracted by the Australian government to run the Manus Island detention centre, said the guard’s employment was terminated and he was taken from the island after the investigation.
(14) Geographical location of Manus Island The immigration minister, Tony Burke, who recently moved women and children off Manus Island because of substandard conditions, said families would not be sent to the centre until it was upgraded.
(15) Why can't we know what's happening on Nauru and Manus Island?
(16) Morrison, who did not respond to a request from Guardian Australia for comment on the letters, said in December he was “unaware of any claims or declarations of homosexuality” from asylum seekers on Manus.
(17) We are continuing to see heart wrenching reports of sexual abuse and assault, self-harm and hopelessness of refugees detained on Nauru and Manus Island with over 2,000 people left to languish in detention,” Szoke said.
(18) Don’t forget you live in Manus.” Guardian Australia has approached detention centre operators Transfield and security subcontractor Wilson Security for comment on Satah’s security regime.
(19) 4.25am BST Scott Morrison said the Manus events of 16-18 February were a "terrible, tragic and distressing" series of incidents.
(20) That is to say, the violence on Manus Island and elsewhere comes from inside (let's call it "The Process"), and the students' protest intrudes from without.