(v.) To make defective; to do injury to, esp. by cutting off or defacing a part; to impair; to disfigure; to deface.
(v.) To spoil; to ruin.
(n.) A mark or blemish made by bruising, scratching, or the like; a disfigurement.
(1) With the flat-fee system, drug charges are not recorded when the drug is dispensed by the pharmacy; data for charging doses are obtained directly from the MAR forms generated by the nursing staff.
(2) Paul Doyle Kick-off Sunday midday Venue St Mary’s Stadium Last season Southampton 2 Leicester City 2 Live Sky Sports 1 Referee Michael Oliver This season G 18, Y 60, R 1, 3.44 cards per game Odds H 5-6 A 4-1 D 5-2 Southampton Subs from Taylor, Martina, Stephens, Davis, Rodriguez, Sims, Ward-Prowse Doubtful Bertrand, Davis, Van Dijk (all match fitness) Injured Boufal (knee, Jan), Hesketh (ankle, Feb), Targett (hamstring, Feb), Austin (shoulder, Mar), Pied (knee, Jun), Gardos (knee, unknown) Suspended None Form DWLLLL Discipline Y37 R2 Leading scorer Austin 6 Leicester City Subs from Zieler, Hamer, Wasilewski, Gray, Fuchs, James, Okazaki, Hernández, Kapustka, King Doubtful None Injured None Suspended None Unavailable Amartey, Mahrez, Slimani (Africa Cup of Nations) Form LDLWDL Discipline Y44 R1 Leading scorers Slimani, Vardy 5
(3) A patient with rapidly fatal hypereosinophilic syndrome and a bone marrow chromosomal abnormality, 49,XYY,t(3:5),+8,+mar, is described.
(4) Along with a lengthy list of cameos, Girls actor Gaby Hoffmann and Party Down star Martin Starr appear as former Neptune High classmates new to the Veronica Mars universe.
(5) For LO versus MAR and LO versus HI, differences in DR were positively related to differences in the plasma ROH pool size.
(6) Mars is a much more hostile environment than people realise, they point out.
(7) Radioactive gas was released from the medium solution used in the Viking Labeled Release (LR) experiment when interacted with the clays, at rates and quantities similar to those measured by Viking on Mars.
(8) 59: 142-153), we described the production and use of complement-dependent virus-neutralizing monoclonal antibodies (MAbs) and MAb-resistant (mar) mutants to identify five antigenic sites (I to V) on herpes simplex virus type 1 glycoprotein B (gB).
(9) "We hope that we can help in designing the future missions to Mars," said the Frenchman, Romain Charles.
(10) In three patients with CD3- leukemia examined, one showed karyotype abnormality of 46, XY, -10, +mar and the delta gene of TCR was rearranged in one patient.
(11) A comparative study between MAR test and IBT in 142 seminal samples is presented by the authors and their concordance with TAT and SIT is also evaluated.
(12) These involved two craft being carried to Mars and landed with precision on its surface.
(13) Cadbury became the world's largest confectionery company in 2003 after buying up a number of gum brands, including Trident and Stride, but ceded the number one spot to Mars when it took over gum maker Wrigley last year.
(14) There are also the newer methods of the passive hemagglutination assay, the radio-label-antiglobulin test, the ELISA, the hemadsorption procedure, and the ATP-luminescence cytotoxicity method, plus indirect MAR (mixed antiglobulin reaction) and IBT (immunobead test) procedures.
(15) A Del Mar Avionics Pressurometer III system recorded an average of 121 readings on each subject.
(16) Those people will train for seven years; Mars One plans to run a reality TV show with an "audience vote" deciding who will ultimately get the nod .
(17) Miliband's decision to appoint Johnson as his chief spokesman on the economy sent a signal that he intends to assert his own authority on Labour's economic policy, reducing the risk of the splits that marred the Brown-Blair era.
(18) From one phasmid, several marA-containing fragments were cloned: those of greater than or equal to 7.8 kbp restored the ability to form Mar mutants in a deletion strain.
(19) Giant spiders from Mars This is particularly handy later, when we encounter the mid-level boss, a giant spider-like vehicle known as a Fallen Walker.
(20) He insists that it'll help Nasa with the Mars mission and other prospective manned missions to outer space.
(n.) The female of the horse and other equine quadrupeds.
(n.) Sighing, suffocative panting, intercepted utterance, with a sense of pressure across the chest, occurring during sleep; the incubus; -- obsolete, except in the compound nightmare.
(1) GnRH infusion produced an immediate increase in plasma LH concentrations in the mares that ovulated during the infusion period and LH levels peaked at the time of ovulation.
(2) Group-2 mares (n = 32) were given a single dose of progesterone (625 mg, IM) in sesame oil.
(3) Increased concentrations of LH in ovariectomized mares during Periods 3 and 4 were associated with well defined pulsatile profiles.
(4) The affected bowel was replaced through the laceration, and the vaginal defects were sutured with the mares standing, utilizing epidural anesthesia.
(5) Progesterone levels declined after Day 18 of the cycle in cycling mares, whereas they increased in the pregnant mares.
(6) There was, however, no difference in the overall elimination rate constant between foals and mares.
(7) However, when hypoxia occurred during colic surgery in the last 60 days of pregnancy, the mares either aborted or delivered severely compromised foals that did not survive.
(8) Mares may suffer from a variety of genital injuries including vulval separations, vaginal lacerations and, less commonly, vaginal rupture.
(9) Other than a brief increase (P less than .05) in PRL secretion in mares treated with E2, secretion of PRL did not differ (P greater than .1) among groups.
(10) Danazol was found to inhibit multiple enzymes of steroidogenesis directly in the pregnant mare serum (PMS)-treated hamster ovary and the rat testis and adrenal in vitro.
(11) An intra-abdominal abscess was diagnosed in a 7-year-old mare by palpation per rectum and from abnormal clinicopathologic findings.
(12) We have observed pinealitis in a mare with equine recurrent uveitis.
(13) In Experiment 1 pregnant mare's serum (PMS) was injected sc in doses of 25 IU between 8 and 9 A.M. on Day 0.
(14) Nine Przewalski's horse embryos were transferred surgically, and 2 non-surgically, to domestic Welsh-type pony mares.
(15) Detection of estrus in mares is problematic in that it requires the presence (or at least facsimile acoustic or tactile stimuli) or a stallion.
(16) A sandwich enzymeimmunoassay (EIA) for pregnant mare serum gonadotropin (PMSG) using a microtiter plate was developed.
(17) Plasma concentrations of estrogens, gestagens, cortisol (F), 13, 14-dihydro, 15-keto PGF2 alpha (PGFM) and pregnant mare serum gonadotropin (PMSG) in 10 Thoroughbred mares were measured for a 11-month pregnancy period.
(18) In mares in Group P + B there was no correlation between age and the values measured.
(19) The LH response to GnRH agonist (area under curve) was similar among groups at d 0 but was greater (P less than .05) for mares in group 3 on d 7 and 14 and groups 2 and 3 on d 21 than for controls.
(20) Asked if a Weston-super-Mare dairy farmer's claim that fewer than 100 been killed so far was accurate, a spokesman at the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra), would not confirm or deny the figure.