(n.) A female demon who torments people in sleep by crouching on their chests or stomachs, or by causing terrifying visions.
(n.) The Patagonian cavy (Dolichotis Patagonicus).
(1) (“The Dynasty of Bush” sounds like a terribly disparaging term for Linda Evans, Kate O’Mara and Joan Collins .
(2) From one phasmid, several marA-containing fragments were cloned: those of greater than or equal to 7.8 kbp restored the ability to form Mar mutants in a deletion strain.
(3) Insertion of Tn5 into marA (min 34.05 on the chromosome) led to a return of the wild-type patterns of norfloxacin accumulation, fluoroquinolone and other antimicrobial agent susceptibilities, and outer membrane protein profile, including partial restoration of OmpF.
(4) O'Mara also asked the jurors about when they thought self-defense could be used.
(5) Emily ( Rooney Mara ), a young woman being treated by Banks for depression, threatens to move to another doctor if Banks doesn't give her the course of treatment she wants.
(6) The deletion strain could be complemented in trans by introduction of intact marA+ on plasmid F'506.
(7) There may be lingering doubts over whether Meryl Streep , Viola Davis or outside bet Rooney Mara will claim the Academy Award for best actress later this month, and no-one is absolutely certain if Jean Dujardin , George Clooney or Gary Oldman will be picking up the equivalent male gong at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood.
(8) Amblyomma cohaerens nymphs, which had been collected as engorged larvae from African buffalo (Syncerus caffer) in the Mara region of Kenya, transmitted a theilerial parasite to a steer.
(9) Mara And Dann, An Adventure, is published by Flamingo at £16.99 Life at a glance Doris May Lessing Born: October 22, 1919; Kermanshahan, Persia (now Iran).
(10) Before his election, he worked as an event organiser and, before that, as a press, parliamentary and campaigns officer for a national disability rights charity.“Having a disability can make us more passionate, resilient, empathetic and hard working,” O’Mara said in an interview last year.
(11) Asked if Zimmerman was scared for his future, O'Mara said: "I think he's going to be great, I think he's still worried and hopefully everyone will respect the jury's verdict as they should and most have said they will, and we'll take it day by day.
(12) Numerous media have followed, including one conservative publication that’s gone as far as to blame the environmental plans of the province’s new leftist government, but there’s no evidence to support this, says Mara Grunau of Canada’s Centre for Suicide Prevention director.
(13) O'Mara, however, argued successfully that the science behind their testimony failed to meet Florida's stringent legal standards and Judge Nelson ordered that neither expert could take the stand during the trial because it would "confuse issues [and] mislead the jury".
(14) Lisa Nandy, who chairs the parliamentary group on corporate responsibility, said the North Mara mine had 'a major problem'.
(15) "What I find most inspiring is how she expresses her sensuality," says Mara Carlyle, who made one of last year's most critically lauded albums, Floreat.
(16) Nymphal Rhipicephalus appendiculatus (Trans-Mara) were fed on a steer infected with a Theileria parva parva (Kilae 1) stock isolated from an indigenous steer in the Trans-Mara Division, Kenya, which had a high piroplasm parasitaemia.
(17) Prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda objected multiple times during O'Mara's line of questioning, eventually leading to Judge Debra Nelson to twice read what will be the jury instruction once the final jury is selection.
(18) Fan ire over casting – the movie features Miles Teller as Mr Fantastic, Kate Mara as Invisible Woman, Michael B Jordan as The Human Torch and Jamie Bell as The Thing – would appear to be a storm in a superhero tea cup.
(19) We will be delving into [the report], we will be reviewing that to see what is in there is accurate, which is inaccurate, which is a misstatement, which are examples that may be factual, may not be factual.” “Other parts of the country have shown outrage at this type of behavior by police,” said Mara Brown of Cleveland, an emergency medical technician, “but Cleveland has a history of using many types of devices – from the business leaders ignoring things to control of the media to political leaders favoring the status quo – to keep things quiet.” At the grocery store in Cleveland’s Glenville neighborhood where Jones was killed hardly anyone was around on Monday afternoon.
(20) It started with a week's safari in the Masai Mara, where they saw zebras, wildebeest and a cheetah with her spiky-haired cub.
(n.) The female of the horse and other equine quadrupeds.
(n.) Sighing, suffocative panting, intercepted utterance, with a sense of pressure across the chest, occurring during sleep; the incubus; -- obsolete, except in the compound nightmare.
(1) GnRH infusion produced an immediate increase in plasma LH concentrations in the mares that ovulated during the infusion period and LH levels peaked at the time of ovulation.
(2) Group-2 mares (n = 32) were given a single dose of progesterone (625 mg, IM) in sesame oil.
(3) Increased concentrations of LH in ovariectomized mares during Periods 3 and 4 were associated with well defined pulsatile profiles.
(4) The affected bowel was replaced through the laceration, and the vaginal defects were sutured with the mares standing, utilizing epidural anesthesia.
(5) Progesterone levels declined after Day 18 of the cycle in cycling mares, whereas they increased in the pregnant mares.
(6) There was, however, no difference in the overall elimination rate constant between foals and mares.
(7) However, when hypoxia occurred during colic surgery in the last 60 days of pregnancy, the mares either aborted or delivered severely compromised foals that did not survive.
(8) Mares may suffer from a variety of genital injuries including vulval separations, vaginal lacerations and, less commonly, vaginal rupture.
(9) Other than a brief increase (P less than .05) in PRL secretion in mares treated with E2, secretion of PRL did not differ (P greater than .1) among groups.
(10) Danazol was found to inhibit multiple enzymes of steroidogenesis directly in the pregnant mare serum (PMS)-treated hamster ovary and the rat testis and adrenal in vitro.
(11) An intra-abdominal abscess was diagnosed in a 7-year-old mare by palpation per rectum and from abnormal clinicopathologic findings.
(12) We have observed pinealitis in a mare with equine recurrent uveitis.
(13) In Experiment 1 pregnant mare's serum (PMS) was injected sc in doses of 25 IU between 8 and 9 A.M. on Day 0.
(14) Nine Przewalski's horse embryos were transferred surgically, and 2 non-surgically, to domestic Welsh-type pony mares.
(15) Detection of estrus in mares is problematic in that it requires the presence (or at least facsimile acoustic or tactile stimuli) or a stallion.
(16) A sandwich enzymeimmunoassay (EIA) for pregnant mare serum gonadotropin (PMSG) using a microtiter plate was developed.
(17) Plasma concentrations of estrogens, gestagens, cortisol (F), 13, 14-dihydro, 15-keto PGF2 alpha (PGFM) and pregnant mare serum gonadotropin (PMSG) in 10 Thoroughbred mares were measured for a 11-month pregnancy period.
(18) In mares in Group P + B there was no correlation between age and the values measured.
(19) The LH response to GnRH agonist (area under curve) was similar among groups at d 0 but was greater (P less than .05) for mares in group 3 on d 7 and 14 and groups 2 and 3 on d 21 than for controls.
(20) Asked if a Weston-super-Mare dairy farmer's claim that fewer than 100 been killed so far was accurate, a spokesman at the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra), would not confirm or deny the figure.