(adv.) For the greatest part; for the most part; chiefly; in the main.
(1) But Lee is mostly just extremely fed up at the exclusion of sex workers’ voices from much of the conversation.
(2) In 2012, 20% of small and medium-sized businesses were either run solely or mostly by women.
(3) Of the tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes, T-lymphocytes (mostly CD4+ cells) prevailed over B-lymphocytes.
(4) Prevalence of LVH in the hypertensive population varies, mostly because of the different methods used for its diagnosis.
(5) Based on the economics of most countries in Africa, their Health Budgets can afford mostly the non-opioid and strong opioid drugs in more or less adequate quantities.
(6) It mostly happens to strong men whose biceps muscle are contracted and overstretched unexpectedly.
(7) Ranges of V0 in the three fast fibre types mostly overlapped.
(8) The two groups had one thing in common: the casualties' mostly deliberate posttraumatic reaction; there were only 3 patients in a state of helplessness.
(9) they are shown to inhibit in vitro the release of iron from acidified host cell cytosol, consisting mostly of hemoglobin, a process that could provide this trace element to the parasite.
(10) Phosphorylation of serine occurs mostly (Sp H1) or entirely (Sp H2B) on the N-terminal portions of these molecules.
(11) Engineering and physiologic aspects of growth and production processes associated with encapsulated cells, mostly of anchorage-independent type, are reviewed.
(12) "From our perspective our success is mostly a London story.
(13) While estradiol and progesterone passed into both circulations, renin (mostly prorenin) and hCG were secreted predominantly into the maternal circulation.
(14) Qualitative and quantitative anaerobic cultures were performed on faecal samples from 27 normal full-term newborn infants; from 32 preterm infants during intensive or intermediate care, not treated with antibiotics; and from 106 mostly preterm newborns, treated with antibiotics for various reasons.
(15) The chief cells of the rat gastric mucosa, in contrast to the human, did not contain nonspecific esterase and also in them acid phosphatase was mostly lacking.
(16) Stimulation of this mechanism produced an average 58.9% reduction of the heart rate (calculated from 55 responsive points having more than 40% reduction) associated mostly with hypotension, or no change or occasionally a slight increase of the arterial blood pressure.
(17) New insights into the biochemical and cell-biological alterations occurring in articular cartilage during the early phase of osteoarthrosis (OA) have been gained in the past decade by analysing experimentally induced osteoarthrosis in animals, mostly dogs and rabbits, while early phases of OA in humans so far have escaped diagnostic evaluation.
(18) And the idea that it is somehow “unfair” to tax a small number of mostly rich people who were lucky enough to buy houses in central London that have soared in value to over £2m is perverse.
(19) The main abnormality in the MS was a reduction in the proportion of linoleic and arachidonic acids mostly evident in the HDL and in the cholesteryl esters fraction, with a compensatory increase in saturated acids.
(20) Applications from Serbia, which account for 10% of the total, stem mostly from the dissolution of former Yugoslavia: payment of army reservists, access to savings in present-day Bosnia and Herzegovina, pensions in Kosovo.
(adv.) In a predominant manner.
(1) A group I subset (six animals), for which predominant cultivable microbiota was described, had a mean GI of 2.4.
(2) These results indicate that astrocytes possess bradykinin receptors and that these are predominantly of the B2 subtype.
(3) Exudative inflammatory processes predominate in the ulcer floor.
(4) The secondary leukemia that occurred in these patients could be distinguished from the secondary leukemia that occurs after treatment with alkylating agents by the following: a shorter latency period; a predominance of monocytic or myelomonocytic features; and frequent cytogenetic abnormalities involving 11q23.
(5) In hypophysectomized rats the activity of alanine aminotransferase was increased, but its normal zonation (predominance in the periportal zone) was preserved.
(6) Anaerobes, in particular Bacteroides spp., are the predominant bacteria present in mixed intra-abdominal infections, yet their critical importance in the pathogenicity of these infections is not clearly defined.
(7) I hope this movement will continue and spread for it has within itself the power to stand up to fascism, be victorious in the face of extremism and say no to oppressive political powers everywhere.” Appearing via videolink from Tehran, and joined by London mayor Sadiq Khan and Palme d’Or winner Mike Leigh, Farhadi said: “We are all citizens of the world and I will endeavour to protect and spread this unity.” The London screening of The Salesman on Sunday evening wasintended to be a show of unity and strength against Trump’s travel ban, which attempted to block arrivals in the US from seven predominantly Muslim countries: Iran, Iraq, Libya, Sudan, Somalia, Syria and Yemen.
(8) Analysis of conjugated discharges ACHs showed that they appeared predominantly periodically (87% of cases).
(9) Alcohol abuse remains the predominant cause of chronic liver disease in the Western world.
(10) Immunogold electron microscopy demonstrated that outer dense fibres were the predominant immunoreactive site.
(11) Saturated acyl residues predominated in lysolecithin and unsaturated ones in acids released by hydrolysis of egg lecithin.
(12) The axons of A5, RPoOl and RaD neurons exhibit no lateral predominance in their spinal projections.
(13) Of the three patients with a pure or predominantly endometrioid pattern treated with diethylstilbestrol, two had a marked clinical response.
(14) The mRNA data of the developing gut correspond with previous protein data, which showed that the shorter Mr 210,000 polypeptide predominates during earlier developmental stages and the larger Mr 260,000 polypeptide appears later in the embryonic gut (Aufderheide, E., and P. Ekblom.
(15) Neisseria meningitidis group B serotype 2 strain M986 contains two predominant outer membrane proteins, with apparent molecular weights of 41,000 (protein b) and 28,000 (protein e).
(16) Preliminary rhythmic somatic stimulation has a predominantly facilitating effect on EPs appearing in response to tonal stimuli in the areas A1, S2, S1.
(17) Following injections of HRP into the apex of the heart, the sinoatrial (SA) nodal region and the ventral wall of the right ventricle, we observed that HRP-labeled sympathetic neurons were localized predominantly in the right stellate ganglia, and to a lesser extent, in the right superior and middle cervical ganglia, and left stellate ganglia.
(18) Ultrastructual analysis indicated that the majority of the microtubules assembled predominantly from the pericentriolar material but also onto the centrioles.
(19) The organisms were predominantly associated with host deposits of erythrocytes, phagocytes, platelets, and fibrinous-appearing material, which collectively appeared on the valve surface in response to trauma.
(20) These animals spent a much greater portion of their SWS in the lighter SWS I, as compared to the control group which showed a predominance of the deeper SWS II.