(a.) Filled with motes, or fine floating dust; as, the air.
(1) These suggest that this response is associated to a delayed type hypersensitivity of Jones-Mote type.
(2) The reaction appeared to be based on tuberculin type and Jones-Mote type of reactions.
(3) The Jones-Mote type of DTH, even modified by cyclophosphamide pretreatment, produced a significant local inflammatory reaction which was unable to destroy tumor cells.
(4) I once saw a merlin above Burgh Castle spiral in a relentless tight corkscrew as it pursued a skylark that steepled until it was only a dust mote.
(5) Thus, basophils occurred in human tuberculin and Jones-Mote reactions and were not a distinguishing feature of Jones-Mote reactions.
(6) Similar treatment protocols, however, did not enhance Jones-Mote (cutaneous basophil) hypersensitivity to OVA or contact sensitivity reactions to dinitrofluorobenzene.
(7) Thus, hapten-specific cutaneous basophil reactions were present in guinea pigs immunized with CFA for classical delayed hypersensitivity, and in animals immunized with IFA for Jones-Mote reactions.
(8) M. leprae antigens normally elicit this Jones-Mote type of DH.
(9) These results therefore demonstrate that whereas the Jones-Mote reaction is correlated with disease exacerbation, the tuberculin-type of DTH may be protective.
(10) In this instance of this month's extreme melting, Mote said there was evidence of a heat dome over Greenland: or an unusually strong ridge of warm air.
(11) The different behaviour of the two coffee varieties may be due to mote or less strong binding of this high-polymer carbohydrate to the cell wall.
(12) 42 min: Cha Bum-Kun presses OVER-AMBITIOUS BUT DECENT WILD SKELP on his Cha Du-Ri-mote Control.
(13) We induced sensitization for Jones-Mote reactions in 20 normal humans by intradermal injections of keyhole limpet hemocyanin.
(14) Delayed hypersensitivity reactions include tuberculin type, Jones Mote type reactions and contact sensitivity.
(15) The cutaneous basophilic hypersensitivity (Jones-Mote) is a T-cell mediated immune reaction, detectable even before the classic delayed reaction after sensitization with tiny up to large doses of proteines.
(16) Intracutaneous tests revealed some positive reactions to each thiol compound; there was a tendency to produce a tuberculin type reaction with indurated erythema rather than the Jones-Mote type seen in CET-induced reactions.
(17) In contrast to the normal individuals, who showed Jones-Mote type of hypersensitivity, no lepromatous patient could mount any 'delayed-in-time' cutaneous hypersensivivity reaction against an intradermal challenge of monomeric flagellin.
(18) Jones-Mote reactions are delayed, erythematous, and mildly indurated cutaneous reactions originally described in humans sensitized by skin injection of heterologous proteins.
(19) These experiments suggest that Jones-Mote type DTH responsiveness to SRBC remains dependent on the presence of the initially reactive lymphoid organ, provided the dose of antigen is too low to evoke the generation of DTH-reactive cells in other lymphoid organs.
(20) Skin test antigen requirements indicate that the Jones-Mote reaction involves an active stimulatory response rather than combination with preformed antibody, since ABA conjugates of nonimmunogenic D-polymers do not work.
(imp. & p. p.) of Note
(a.) Well known by reputation or report; eminent; celebrated; as, a noted author, or traveler.
(1) The distribution and configuration of the experimental ruptures were similar to those usually noted as complications of human myocardial infarction.
(2) Clonal abnormalities involving chromosomes 3 and 21 were noted in two patients.
(3) One hour after direct mechanical cardiomassage (DMCM) a moderately pronounced edema of the intercellular spaces in the basal compartment of the seminiferous epithelium, normal content of lactate and succinate dehydrogenases, and a certain decrease in the activity of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenases and NAD- and NADP-diaphorases were noted.
(4) Between 22 HLA-identical siblings and 16 two-haplotype different siblings, a significant difference in concordance of reactions for the B-cell groups was noted.
(5) The Independent noted that one of the female protagonists yelled "You c***!"
(6) When the data correlating DHT with protein synthesis using both labelling techniques were combined, the curves were parallel and a strong correlation was noted between DHT and protein synthesis over a wide range of values (P less than 0.001).
(7) The results also indicate that small lesions initially noted only on CT scans of the chest in children with Wilms' tumor frequently represent metastatic tumor.
(8) The dog and the pig also have an endoperoxide-sensitive constrictor system activated by the 11,9-(epoxymethano) analogue of PGH2 and, of particular note, ICI 79939 and its 11-oxo analogue.
(9) When the posterior capsule was sectioned, no significant changes were noted in the severity of the sag or the rotation.
(10) No differences in cardiac output were noted in surviving animals.
(11) They also note surveys that show British voters becoming more Eurosceptic, not less.
(12) Women seldom occupy higher positions in a [criminal] organisation, and are rather used for menial, but often dangerous tasks ,” it notes.
(13) It should be noted that about a half of the plasmids (11 out of 21) belonged to the incompatibility group P-7 which up to the present time was conditional, since was represented by a single plasmid Rms 148.
(14) Mild, significant improvement was noted in one of the hearing components, "attenuation," and an adverse effect was shown on "distortion," owing to noise.
(15) On HRCT, sequential changes from early edema to development of emphysema were noted.
(16) Valve-related complications were noted in four patients.
(17) Type I and Type II mast-cell degranulation was noted but was not universal.
(18) Cas reduced it further to four, but the decision effectively ends Platini’s career as a football administrator because – as he pointedly noted – it rules him out of standing for the Fifa presidency in 2019.
(19) It can also solve a lot of problems – period.” However, Trump did not support making the officer-worn video cameras mandatory across the country, as the Democratic frontrunner Hillary Clinton has done , noting “different police departments feel different ways”.
(20) It has been noted before that Campbell is rather an effective operator.