(adv. / conj.) Not the less; notwithstanding; in spite of that; yet.
(1) To this figure an additional 250,000 older workers must be added, who are no longer registered as unemployed but nevertheless would be interested in finding another job.
(2) Atmaca, who belongs to the Gregorian-Armenian church in Istanbul, said that he nevertheless holds the current pontiff in high regard.
(3) Nevertheless, this LTR does not govern efficient transcription of adjacent genes in a transient expression assay.
(4) Nevertheless, acquisition of thermotolerance can be induced at any stage of the life cycle.
(5) Nevertheless a small proportion of the largest molecules (excluded from Sepharose 2B) was present even in the first extract.
(6) Nevertheless, the patterns of chromosomal abnormalities, and consequently that of associated malformations, were related to the different types of renal defects.
(7) Nevertheless, Richard Bacon MP, a member of the Public Accounts Committee, who has tirelessly tracked failings in NHS IT, said last night: "I think the chances that Lorenzo will be turned into a credible and popular product are vanishingly small.
(8) Nevertheless, they are still being widely used, since in most cases only the epidemiology of the disease points to the etiologic role of A. cantonensis.
(9) Nevertheless the difference was too little to suggest abandoning one treatment in favour of the others.
(10) Nevertheless, the structure of the signal peptide and propeptide in the N-terminal region is different in these two chains.
(11) Nevertheless we know that there will remain a large number of borrowers with payday loans who are struggling to cope with their debts, and it is essential that these customers are signposted to free debt advice.
(12) Nevertheless, XA is transcribed into a stable 2.6-kb polyadenylated RNA that is expressed uniquely in the adrenal gland.
(13) Nevertheless between 18% and 20% appear to have done so – a stunning result for the far right.
(14) Nevertheless, a wide clinical spectrum was found varying from pictures correlating with the topography and extent of the MRI-detected anomaly to conditions indicating wider cerebral involvement.
(15) Nevertheless, with respect to public health approaches, there seems to be a shift in consciousness.
(16) Nevertheless, oxidation of the phenyldiazene-treated enzyme with ferricyanide provides the NA and NC regioisomers of N-phenylprotoporphyrin IX in a 40:60 ratio.
(17) Nevertheless some technical variations are required, to maintain the typical homogeneity of photon beams.
(18) Nevertheless, there are farms on which satisfactory results are obtained in rearing calves with low Ig levels.
(19) Nevertheless, it is the black male group between the ages of 25 and 34 years that bears the brunt of both suicide and homicide.
(20) These findings of enhanced breakage by FUdR exposure in vitro, nevertheless, may suggest that leukemic cells in general are more susceptible to breakage than normal cells, thereby predisposing the former to secondary chromosome rearrangements.
(adv.) At which place; where.
(conj.) Considering that; it being the case that; since; -- used to introduce a preamble which is the basis of declarations, affirmations, commands, requests, or like, that follow.
(conj.) When in fact; while on the contrary; the case being in truth that; although; -- implying opposition to something that precedes; or implying recognition of facts, sometimes followed by a different statement, and sometimes by inferences or something consequent.
(1) This trend appeared to reverse itself in the low dose animals after 3 hr, whereas in the high dose group, cardiac output continued to decline.
(2) Patients with papillary carcinoma with a good cell-mediated immune response occurred with much lower infiltration of the tumor boundary with lymphocyte whereas the follicular carcinoma less cell-mediated immunity was associated with dense lymphocytic infiltration, suggesting the biological relevance of lymphocytic infiltration may be different for the two histologic variants.
(3) There was appreciable variation in toothbrush wear among subjects, some reducing their brush to a poor state in 2 weeks whereas with others the brush was rated as "good" after 10 weeks.
(4) The most actively proliferating region of the excurrent duct system is zone 3 of the epididymis, whereas the least active region is the ductuli efferentes.
(5) The newborn with critical AS typically presents with severe cardiac failure and the infant with moderate failure, whereas children may be asymptomatic.
(6) F(420) is photolabile aerobically in neutral and basic solutions, whereas the acid-stable chromophore is not photolabile under these conditions.
(7) Application of 40 microM NiCl2 reversibly blocked It while leaving Is intact, whereas 20 microM CdCl2 reversibly blocked Is, but not It.
(8) When micF was cloned into a high-copy-number plasmid it repressed ompF gene expression, whereas when cloned into a low-copy-number plasmid it did not.
(9) Ethanol and L-ethionine induce acute steatosis without necrosis, whereas azaserine, carbon tetrachloride, and D-galactosamine are known to produce steatosis with varying degrees of hepatic necrosis.
(10) Whereas strain Ga-1 was practically avirulent for mice, strain KL-1 produced death by 21 days in 50% of the mice inoculated.
(11) Eighty-two per cent of patients with falciparum malaria had recently returned from Africa whereas 82% with vivax malaria had visited Asia.
(12) The results indicate that OA-bearing macrophages primed T cells and generated helper T cells, whereas the culture of normal lymphocytes with soluble OA in the absence of macrophages generated suppressor T cells.
(13) After midazolam infusion, there was a 50% decrease in amplitude of P3 in response to target tones (P less than 0.006), whereas N3 latency increased by 40 ms (P less than 0.05).
(14) Maximal yields of lipid and aflatoxin were obtained with 30% glucose, whereas mold growth, expressed as dry weight, was maximal when the medium contained 10% glucose.
(15) Epidermal growth factor reduced plating efficiency by about 50% for A431 cells in different cell cycle phases whereas a slight increase in plating efficiency was seen for SiHa cells.
(16) Peak Expiratory Flow and Forced Expiratory Mean Flows in the ranges 0-25%, 25-50% and 50-75% of Forced Vital Capacity were significantly reduced in animals exposed to gasoline exhaust fumes, whereas the group exposed to ethanol exhaust fumes did not differ from the control group.
(17) When the eye was dissected into anterior uveal, scleral, and retinal complexes, prostaglandin D2 was formed in the highest degree in all the complexes, whereas prostaglandin E2 and F2 alpha formation was specific to given ocular regions.
(18) This mAb inhibited monocyte binding of both soluble FITC-labeled IgA and IgA-coated E, whereas it did not inhibit IgG binding.
(19) Chloroquine induced large cytoplasmic vacuoles, whereas the other drugs (quinacrine, 4,4'-diethylaminoethoxyhexestrol, chlorphentermine, iprindole, 1-chloro-amitriptyline, clomipramine) caused formation of lamellated or crystalloid inclusions as usually seen in drug-induced lipidosis.
(20) hypoglossal nucleus), whereas in other areas the angiotensinogen gene was expressed only in a certain population of glial cells.