(1) These results clearly show a difference between beta NiS and alpha Ni3S2 concerning their cytotoxic effects, uptake, biological transformation and interaction with cell membranes.
(2) There was a significant interaction effect such that increasing level of intake did not increase UAN with the high-NIS diet, despite an increased fractional outflow of solids from the rumen, in contrast to the increase observed with the high-wheat diet.
(3) The NIS would not confirm the details and Jung said it did not tell him how it obtained the information.
(4) The results described herein suggest that crystalline NiS can potentiate both antigenic (MLR) and mitogenic (Con A and LPS) proliferative responses in vitro.
(5) Glucose disposal and whole body carbohydrate oxidation were markedly lower in NIR and HIR vs. NIS (P less than 0.001 for disposal and oxidation).
(6) Analysis was done on 354 orthopantomographic radiographs of orthodontic patients from Nis, aged 7 to 12 years.
(7) Of the IS group, 54% were responders (drug-free for at least 56 weeks), but about 56% of the NIS group also remained drug-free.
(8) Both insoluble (crystalline NiS) and soluble (NiCl2) nickel compounds induced single strand breaks and DNA protein cross-links.
(9) Unqualified NIs and older NIs revealed more features of technical nursing and outer teaching than other teachers.
(10) When two NIs from each patient were selected, the median NI was 75 min in group I, 45 min in group II, and 45 min in group III.
(11) These effects of m-Nis might be attributed to its blocking effects on voltage-dependent calcium channel and the resultant alleviation of intracellular calcium overload.
(12) According to the South Korean intelligence agency NIS, as of last year about 70 top officials have been purged and killed since 2011.
(13) CaCrO4, crystalline NiS and NiCl2 enhanced the incidence of SCEs at concentrations below the threshold of DNA damage as detected by the technique of alkaline elution.
(14) The inhibitory effects of Nis on APA, APD50 and PPD were greater than those of the m-Nis.
(15) Subjects supported the model's completeness and usefulness for defining NIS requirements.
(16) For analysis, the results from 1 day were selected at random from each subject, and from each day, the same number of NIs also were randomly selected.
(17) The results were compared with those of normoglycemic insulin-sensitive (NIS) men.
(18) The study from the working environment prevailing in two departments of tobacco factory (DIN) Nis together with the study of the employees (95) working in these departments were carried out.
(19) The results of a pilot study of ongoing research on the educational perspective of NIs, are used as examples to discuss how far NIs have accepted the features of andragogy as their didactic perspective both in their public stance and in their actions as described by NIs themselves.
(20) However, children residing in the city of Nis had significantly increased urinary beta 2m and albumin excretion, over 1.5 to 2.6 times the excretion in the other three groups, although excretion of either protein remained within accepted normal ranges in all groups.
(n.) A colloquial abbreviation of Sister.
(n.) Six. See Sise.
(1) Chromatographic separation revealed that the bulk (85%) of the mitogenic activity in SSV-transformed NRK cells was not due to p28v-sis but rather two distinct endothelial cell growth factors that eluted off heparin-Sepharose between 1 and 2 M NaCl.
(2) To get an insight into the nature of variant Ph translocations and the process of their formation, we examined the localization of the c-abl and c-sis oncogenes and the breakpoint cluster region (bcr) gene by chromosomal in situ hybridization in ten variant Ph translocations of CML including five simple and five complex ones as initially interpreted.
(3) Loss of a c-sis allele (allele I in all cases) was observed in 6 out of 10 tumors from heterozygous patients.
(4) Cells transformed by v-sis produce a platelet-derived growth factor-related molecule which is able to stimulate the platelet-derived growth factor receptor in an autocrine fashion.
(5) The v-sis oncogene of simian sarcoma virus (SSV) is a retroviral version of the PDGF B chain gene and SSV-transformation is mediated by an autocrine PDGF-like growth factor.
(6) Messenger RNA levels for v-sis were induced by tension in intact but not denuded vessels.
(7) In both loci, similar unique genetic sequences were found upstream of the v-sis homologous region and these hybridized to a 4.2 kbp c-sis transcript in human lung tumor cells.
(8) First, we investigated the expression of c-sis protooncogenes within cultured human glioma cell lines and also fresh glioma specimens by using polymerase chain reaction.
(9) The v-sis gene encodes chain B of platelet-derived growth factor.
(10) However, in tissue adjacent to 5 different tumors, approximately the same level of c-sis mRNA was seen.
(11) c-sis mRNA levels diminished with increased time of infection.
(12) For example, platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) has been found in many normal tissues including the CNS, while minor changes in one of its forms (PDGF-B) converts it to the v-sis oncogene, capable of inducing sarcomas and astrocytomas in primates.
(13) SIS SVB was performed to a variety of vessel combinations using "Y" graft, continuous, or vein extension techniques achieving early patency in all limbs, despite pedal arch disease.
(14) Radiolabeled recombinant PDGF (c-sis) dissociated from Heparin-Sepharose within a concentration range of NaCl similar to that of RF I.
(15) increased cell size, reduced growth rate, megakaryocytic antigens, and expression of the sis proto-oncogene, the structural gene for the B-chain of platelet-derived growth factor.
(16) In human malignant mesothelioma cell lines elevated expression of the platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) beta-chain (c-sis) gene was previously reported, while normal mesothelial cells barely express this gene.
(17) The same temporal dissociation was observed when a recombinant v-sis product was used instead of porcine PDGF.
(18) Reduced function of runt results in female-specific lethality and sexual transformation of XX animals that are heterozygous for Sxl or sis loss-of-function mutations.
(19) Several specific related questions are addressed in this discussion: Is the protein encoded by the v-sis gene functionally identical to PDGF?
(20) This suggests that H-ras is less efficient in relieving the insulin requirement than is sis.