(1) GH8----GH1' NOEs demonstrate the presence of both A- and Z-form GH8 resonances in slow exchange on the NMR time scale.
(2) Examination of the NOESY data at 50- and 100-ms mixing times indicated that the kinds of observed NOEs can originate if each of the ten nucleotidyl residues belongs to the B-DNA family, i.e., C2'-endo,anti.
(3) The backbone dynamics of Ca(2+)-saturated recombinant Drosophila calmodulin has been studied by 15N longitudinal and transverse relaxation experiments, combined with 15N(1H) NOE measurements.
(4) The local secondary structure was calculated from sequential and medium-range backbone NOEs with the double-iterated Kalman filter method [Altman, R. B., & Jardetzky, O.
(5) The integration of these facilities with simple molecular graphics display routines allows modifications to the molecular conformation (such as bond rotations) to be performed, and the effect of these modifications on the NOE effects can then be rapidly calculated and easily visualized.
(6) The other two hyperfine-shifted signals produced no detectable NOEs to other resonances in the spectrum and were tentatively assigned to the remaining cysteinyl ligand (Cys-63).
(7) Amide solvent accessibility, NOE spectroscopy (NOESY) and rotating-frame NOE spectroscopy (ROESY) data strongly support the conclusion that the 12-26 and 15-23 peptides adopt in aqueous solution, a set of turn-like structures located around the central region of their corresponding polypeptidic chains, the same region where a beta turn exists in the native protein.
(8) Initial conformations for energy minimization were selected with the aid of the measured intensities of local nuclear Overhauser effects (NOEs) and other 1H-NMR data.
(9) Changes in chemical shifts and NOEs for wild type with bound phosphate compared with free wild type indicate that phosphate binds in the active site and that only small conformational changes occur on binding.
(10) The conformations of the cyclic hexapeptides in DMSO-d6 solution were determined by a number of homo- and heteronuclear two-dimensional n.m.r.-techniques including 2D rotating frame NOE-spectroscopy.
(11) Complete assignments were obtained for the backbone 1H, 15N and 13C resonances, using three-dimensional heteronuclear 1H NOE 1H-15N multiple-quantum coherence spectroscopy (3D-NOESY-HMQC) and three-dimensional heteronuclear total correlation 1H-15N multiple-quantum coherence spectroscopy (3D-TOCSY-HMQC) experiments on 15N-enriched HPr and an additional three-dimensional triple-resonance 1HN-15N-13C alpha correlation spectroscopy (HNCA) experiment on 13C, 15N-enriched HPr.
(12) Although the assignment of this dodecadeoxynucleotide may be completed without deuteriation, several NOEs must be assigned indirectly because of degeneracies in the chemical shift of the purine H8 protons.
(13) The complexation-induced chemical shifts and NOE cross peaks in the NOESY map of the 1:1 complex of lexitropsin (1) and d-[CGCAATTGCG]2 reveal that the thiazole ring of the lexitropsin (1) intercalates between dA4.A5 bases and the rest of the ligand resides in the minor groove of the AT rich core of decamer, thus occupying the 5'-AATT sequence on the DNA.
(14) An approximate analysis of the NOE data assuming a single correlation time for the entire molecule and ignoring cross-relaxation effects was used to evaluate various models that have been proposed for the conformation of valinomycin.
(15) In addition, a number of tertiary NOEs have been identified which indicate that the global fold of the apoprotein at least partially resembles the four-helix bundle of the holoprotein.
(16) The resulting pattern of NOE cross-relaxation peaks when combined with previous 1D NOE results [Dugad, L. B., La Mar, G. N., Banci, L., & Bertini, I.
(17) The pyridazine acetylmethyl groups give NOEs to the C(alpha)H groups of the beta-hydroxy-N-methylvaline residues, showing that the acetyl groups, for at least some of the time, stretch over the depsipeptide ring, occluding one face of the molecule.
(18) Nuclear runoff analysis of the late region has demonstrated that up to 95% of transcripts which are initiated in the early region in nonpermissive cells terminate within the late region upstream of the late polyadenylation site (C. C. Baker and J. Noe, J. Virol.
(19) Its structure was elucidated by IR, UV, FAB-MS, and various NMR spectra (including NOE, BBD, INEPT, SR, COSY, NOESY etc.
(20) Three methods of obtaining distance constraints from 2D NOE peak intensities are examined: one entails a conservative use of ISPA, one assumes the ISPA to be fairly accurate, and one utilizes an iterative relaxation matrix method called MARDIGRAS (matrix analysis of relaxation for discerning the geometry of an aqueous structure), developed in this laboratory.
(pl. ) of O
(1) OE-induced adenohypophyseal growth was inhibited by D, but the inhibitory effect of D was completely suppressed by P. D also inhibited the OE-induced increase in the thyroxine-binding capacity of the adenohypophyseal proteins, but this inhibition was not suppressed by the simultaneous administration of P. The administration of OE was followed by elevation of the serum ceruloplasmin level, which was not inhibited by P or D, either alone or combined.
(2) We conclude that the molecular phenotype of different human OE cells is distinct and that dystrophic olfactory neurites occur very frequently in neurologically normal adults.
(3) From these results and those reported previously it was concluded that the testicular hormone secretion influences mainly Oe-2 in peripheral plasma, while Oe-1 depends mainly on the adrenal hormone secretion.
(4) Naloxone (Nal) and oestradiol (Oe) bindings were assessed by in vitro saturation analyses.
(5) Cell sensitivity to a constant magnetic field (CMF) of 100 = 200 Oe was studied on a fibroblast culture using time-lapse microfilming.
(6) To study the ability of the olfactory epithelium (OE) to transform testosterone (T) into its active metabolites estradiol (E2) and dihydrotestosterone (DHT), and the influence of castration on this ability, 24 adult male rats were either castrated, and subsequently treated with oil or T, or sham operated.
(7) Unique values of delta GIE were determined by analysis of mobility-shift titrations of Gal repressor with wild-type operator subject to the constraint that delta GE = delta GI: a procedure that eliminates the need to simultaneously analyze wild-type titrations with titrations of OE- and OI- operators.
(8) The 9-OE polypeptide(s) were immunoprecipitated and tested for cross-reactivity with known neural cell surface components including HNK-1, the cell adhesion molecule L1, and the neural cell adhesion molecule (N-CAM).
(9) To determine whether the basal cell-to-INP transition, or proliferation and neuronal differentiation of the INP, are regulated by crucial growth factors or cellular interactions, we are testing various polypeptide growth factors and extracellular matrix proteins for their effects on OE neurogenesis in vitro.
(10) Twenty-nine soloist and principal dancers (mean age, 29.08 years) from America's two most celebrated ballet companies were administered questionnaires measuring personality (API), occupational stress (OES), strain (PSQ), and coping mechanisms (PRQ), and injury patterns.
(11) Ovalbumin extracted from oviduct slices incubated with [35S]methionine or [2-3]mannose contained two biosynthetic intermediates, OE and OF (Y. Kato, H. Iwase, and K. Hotta, 1984, J. Biochem.
(12) Upon binding to phosphatidic acid a shift in the hyperfine coupling constant from 16.5 to 14.6 Oe is observed.
(13) Simultaneously the portion of heterochromatin in the nuclear area rises from 24.2% (BE) to 49.8% (PE), and to 63.2% (OE) whereas the percentage of euchromatin decreased correspondingly.
(14) The formula for effective masking for bone conduction speech should be equal to the minimum masking level for bone conduction speech plus the air-bone gap of the nontest ear plus 18 dB to account for the OE when using mastoid placement.
(15) The LHRH cells outside the OE were unipolar or bipolar, morphologically resembled mature LHRH neurons and appeared to contact neighboring LHRH cells.
(16) The effect of varying maternal circulating 3beta-hydroxy-5-androsten-17-one (D) and its sulphate (DS) on urinary oestrogen (Oe) excretion by baboons was determined between 65 and 174 days gestation (term = 184 days).
(17) An ESR signal with g-value of 2,0026 and peak-to-peak with 8,5 Oe was observed in ethanole solutions of chlorophill a and nitroderivatives of naphtalene under red light illumination.
(18) In 20 hypoxic patients the mean oxygen saturation levels achieved when they were breathing oxygen from the MS concentrators at a flow rate of 2 l min-1 were similar (Econo2 92.6%, MINI DeVO2 92.5%, Roomate II 92.6%), but the level achieved when they were breathing from the OE-4E, at the equivalent flow rate of 6 l min-1, was lower (91.0%, p less than 0.005).
(19) D oes it just mean that I’m in a sticky situation?” Rachel Sherman, mother of four, asks, wondering if her household classifies as a just-about-managing family, or in the dispiriting new political acronym, a Jam.
(20) On the other hand, MAbs A1-A6 derived from mice immunized with the outer envelope (OE) fraction, which showed a potent protective activity and was extracted with ammonium hydroxide from the strain Moulton, reacted specifically with the serogroup Canicola alone in MAT.