(a.) Capable of being noted; noticeable; plan; evident.
(a.) Worthy of notice; remarkable; memorable; noted or distinguished; as, a notable event, person.
(a.) Well-known; notorious.
(n.) A person, or thing, of distinction.
(n.) One of a number of persons, before the revolution of 1789, chiefly of the higher orders, appointed by the king to constitute a representative body.
(1) In addition to their involvement in thrombosis, activated platelets release growth factors, most notably a platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) which may be the principal mediator of smooth muscle cell migration from the media into the intima and of smooth muscle cell proliferation in the intima as well as of vasoconstriction.
(2) Since it was established, it has stoked controversy about contemporary art, though in recent years it has been more notable for its lack of sensationalism.
(3) It is widely seen as a counter to China’s economic might in Asia, and the world’s second largest economy is notably absent from the list of signatories.
(4) Because of these different direct and indirect actions, a sudden cessation of sinus node activity or sudden AV block may result in the diseased heart in a prolonged and even fatal cardiac standstill, especially if the tolerance to ischemia of other organs (notably the brain) is decreased.
(5) Most notably, retroperitoneal lymph nodes in rabbits remained dark blue up to 28 days after hindlimb endolymphatic instillation of liposomal patent blue.
(6) And I want to do this in partnership with you.” In the Commons, there are signs the home secretary may manage to reduce a rebellion by backbench Tory MPs this afternoon on plans to opt back into a series of EU justice and home affairs measures, notably the European arrest warrant .
(7) The loss of enzyme activity in sulfur-rhodanese does not involve cysteinyl residues but can be correlated with the modification of guanidino groups, notably that of Arg-186, the side chain of which may play a role in substrate binding.
(8) Neurospora crassa mitochondrial deoxyribonucleic acid shows strict uniparental inheritance in sexual crosses, with a notable absence of mixtures and recombinant types that appear frequently in heteroplasmons.
(9) Notable amounts of free RI alpha eluted between the type I and II holoenzymes in all three tissues.
(10) Even regional allies disagree with American priorities about Isis, Biddle noted, which is why Turkey continues to bomb Kurds and Saudi Arabia and the UAE arm groups around the region , most notably in Syria but also in the ruins of Yemen .
(11) Notably, while the lead actors were all professionals, most of the cast members and musicians came from Providência itself.
(12) We now report on the Singapore Chinese experience, in which the following changes were notable: decreases in rates of cancers of the stomach and oesophagus and increases in rates of cancers of the lung, colon, rectum, skin (excluding melanoma), breast and ovary.
(13) The present article reports a study of how such lifestyle habits, notably alcohol and tobacco consumption, are addressed in medical consultations.
(14) Most notable was an average twofold increase in the relative amount of high mannose glycopeptides compared to complex glycopeptides for the leukemic cells.
(15) 1: Good news It's been a scarce commodity throughout the Osborne chancellorship, but he will have a decent amount of it to dish round the chamber – notably lower inflation and higher growth than was being forecast a short while ago.
(16) Diuretics may, however, be hazardous because of their effects on electrolytes-notably potassium-thereby increasing the risk of arrhythmias.
(17) The greater frequency of dysovulation in obese women, notably those who put on weight rapidly, is accompanied by numerous hormonal changes, including reduced sex hormone-binding globulin, increased ovarian and adrenal androgen production, increased peripheral aromatization of androgens to oestrogens, and altered gonadotropin pulsatile secretion.
(18) But like officials from most other countries represented here – with the notable exception of Britain – Chernishova acknowledges a "general consensus" in her country, in both the media and among the legal profession, on the value of the court's judgments.
(19) First, they bring about an increase in the concentrations of essential amino acids in the blood at the expense of the concentrations of certain non-essential amino acids, notably alanine and glutamine.
(20) 3) Aside from a high level of alkaline phosphatase, there were no notable abnormalities revealed in the biochemical blood tests.
(imp. & p. p.) of Note
(a.) Well known by reputation or report; eminent; celebrated; as, a noted author, or traveler.
(1) The distribution and configuration of the experimental ruptures were similar to those usually noted as complications of human myocardial infarction.
(2) Clonal abnormalities involving chromosomes 3 and 21 were noted in two patients.
(3) One hour after direct mechanical cardiomassage (DMCM) a moderately pronounced edema of the intercellular spaces in the basal compartment of the seminiferous epithelium, normal content of lactate and succinate dehydrogenases, and a certain decrease in the activity of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenases and NAD- and NADP-diaphorases were noted.
(4) Between 22 HLA-identical siblings and 16 two-haplotype different siblings, a significant difference in concordance of reactions for the B-cell groups was noted.
(5) The Independent noted that one of the female protagonists yelled "You c***!"
(6) When the data correlating DHT with protein synthesis using both labelling techniques were combined, the curves were parallel and a strong correlation was noted between DHT and protein synthesis over a wide range of values (P less than 0.001).
(7) The results also indicate that small lesions initially noted only on CT scans of the chest in children with Wilms' tumor frequently represent metastatic tumor.
(8) The dog and the pig also have an endoperoxide-sensitive constrictor system activated by the 11,9-(epoxymethano) analogue of PGH2 and, of particular note, ICI 79939 and its 11-oxo analogue.
(9) When the posterior capsule was sectioned, no significant changes were noted in the severity of the sag or the rotation.
(10) No differences in cardiac output were noted in surviving animals.
(11) They also note surveys that show British voters becoming more Eurosceptic, not less.
(12) Women seldom occupy higher positions in a [criminal] organisation, and are rather used for menial, but often dangerous tasks ,” it notes.
(13) It should be noted that about a half of the plasmids (11 out of 21) belonged to the incompatibility group P-7 which up to the present time was conditional, since was represented by a single plasmid Rms 148.
(14) Mild, significant improvement was noted in one of the hearing components, "attenuation," and an adverse effect was shown on "distortion," owing to noise.
(15) On HRCT, sequential changes from early edema to development of emphysema were noted.
(16) Valve-related complications were noted in four patients.
(17) Type I and Type II mast-cell degranulation was noted but was not universal.
(18) Cas reduced it further to four, but the decision effectively ends Platini’s career as a football administrator because – as he pointedly noted – it rules him out of standing for the Fifa presidency in 2019.
(19) It can also solve a lot of problems – period.” However, Trump did not support making the officer-worn video cameras mandatory across the country, as the Democratic frontrunner Hillary Clinton has done , noting “different police departments feel different ways”.
(20) It has been noted before that Campbell is rather an effective operator.