(adv.) At the present time; at this moment; at the time of speaking; instantly; as, I will write now.
(adv.) Very lately; not long ago.
(adv.) At a time contemporaneous with something spoken of or contemplated; at a particular time referred to.
(adv.) In present circumstances; things being as they are; -- hence, used as a connective particle, to introduce an inference or an explanation.
(a.) Existing at the present time; present.
(n.) The present time or moment; the present.
(a.) Being at hand, within reach or call, within certain contemplated limits; -- opposed to absent.
(a.) Now existing, or in process; begun but not ended; now in view, or under consideration; being at this time; not past or future; as, the present session of Congress; the present state of affairs; the present instance.
(a.) Not delayed; immediate; instant; coincident.
(a.) Ready; quick in emergency; as a present wit.
(a.) Favorably attentive; propitious.
(a.) Present time; the time being; time in progress now, or at the moment contemplated; as, at this present.
(a.) Present letters or instrument, as a deed of conveyance, a lease, letter of attorney, or other writing; as in the phrase, " Know all men by these presents," that is, by the writing itself, " per has literas praesentes; " -- in this sense, rarely used in the singular.
(a.) A present tense, or the form of the verb denoting the present tense.
(a.) To bring or introduce into the presence of some one, especially of a superior; to introduce formally; to offer for acquaintance; as, to present an envoy to the king; (with the reciprocal pronoun) to come into the presence of a superior.
(a.) To exhibit or offer to view or notice; to lay before one's perception or cognizance; to set forth; to present a fine appearance.
(a.) To pass over, esp. in a ceremonious manner; to give in charge or possession; to deliver; to make over.
(a.) To make a gift of; to bestow; to give, generally in a formal or ceremonious manner; to grant; to confer.
(a.) Hence: To endow; to bestow a gift upon; to favor, as with a donation; also, to court by gifts.
(a.) To present; to personate.
(a.) To nominate to an ecclesiastical benefice; to offer to the bishop or ordinary as a candidate for institution.
(a.) To nominate for support at a public school or other institution .
(a.) To lay before a public body, or an official, for consideration, as before a legislature, a court of judicature, a corporation, etc.; as, to present a memorial, petition, remonstrance, or indictment.
(a.) To lay before a court as an object of inquiry; to give notice officially of, as a crime of offence; to find or represent judicially; as, a grand jury present certain offenses or nuisances, or whatever they think to be public injuries.
(a.) To bring an indictment against .
(a.) To aim, point, or direct, as a weapon; as, to present a pistol or the point of a sword to the breast of another.
(v. i.) To appear at the mouth of the uterus so as to be perceptible to the finger in vaginal examination; -- said of a part of an infant during labor.
(n.) Anything presented or given; a gift; a donative; as, a Christmas present.
(n.) The position of a soldier in presenting arms; as, to stand at present.
(1) By presenting the case history of a man who successively developed facial and trigeminal neural dysfunction after Mohs chemosurgery of a PCSCC, this paper documents histologically the occurrence of such neural invasion, and illustrates the utility of gadolinium-enhanced magnetic resonance scanning in patient management.
(2) It was tested for recovery and separation from other selenium moieties present in urine using both in vivo-labeled rat urine and human urine spiked with unlabeled TMSe.
(3) A report is presented of 6 surgically-treated cases of recurrent cervical carcinoma.
(4) The newborn with critical AS typically presents with severe cardiac failure and the infant with moderate failure, whereas children may be asymptomatic.
(5) The rash presented either as a pityriasis rosea-like picture which appeared about three to six months after the onset of treatment in patients taking low doses, or alternatively, as lichenoid plaques which appeared three to six months after commencement of medication in patients taking high doses.
(6) The authors have presented in two previous articles the graphic solutions resembling Tscherning ellipses, for spherical as well as for aspherical ophthalmic lenses free of astigmatism or power error.
(7) The neurologic or digestive signs were present in 12% of the children.
(8) These studies led to the following conclusions: (a) all the prominent NHP which remain bound to DNA are also present in somewhat similar proportions in the saline-EDTA, Tris, and 0.35 M NaCl washes of nuclei; (b) a protein comigrating with actin is prominent in the first saline-EDTA wash of nuclei, but present as only a minor band in the subsequent washes and on washed chromatin; (c) the presence of nuclear matrix proteins in all the nuclear washes and cytosol indicates that these proteins are distributed throughout the cell; (d) a histone-binding protein (J2) analogous to the HMG1 protein of K. V. Shooter, G.H.
(9) Weddellite calcification was associated with benign lesions in 16 cases, but incidental atypical lobular hyperplasia and lobular carcinoma in situ were present, each in one case.
(10) In some cervical nodes, a few follicles, lymphocyte clusters, and a well-developed plasmocyte population were also present.
(11) Single-case experimental designs are presented and discussed from several points of view: Historical antecedents, assessment of the dependent variable, internal and external validity and pre-experimental vs experimental single-case designs.
(12) We have previously shown that serotonin is present in secretory granules of frog adrenochromaffin cells; concurrently, we have demonstrated that serotonin is a potent stimulator of corticosterone and aldosterone secretion by adrenocortical cells.
(13) Among a family of 8 children, 4 presented typical clinical and biological abnormalities related to mannosidosis.
(14) Multiple overlapping thin 3D slab acquisition is presented as a magnitude contrast (time of flight) technique which combines advantages from multiple thin slice 2D and direct 3D volume acquisitions to obtain high-resolution cross-sectional images of vessel detail.
(15) The subcellular distribution of sialyltransferase and its product of action, sialic acid, was investigated in the undifferentiated cells of the rat intestinal crypts and compared with the pattern observed in the differentiated cells present in the surface epithelium.
(16) The data on mapping the episomal plasmid integration sites in yeast chromosomes I, III, IV, V, VII, XV are presented.
(17) In the present investigation we monitored the incorporation of [14C] from [U-14C]glucose into various rat brain glycolytic intermediates of conscious and pentobarbital-anesthetized animals.
(18) The purpose of the present study was to report on remaining teeth and periodontal conditions in a population of 200 adolescent and adult Vietnamese refugees.
(19) Among the groups investigated, the subjects with gastric tumors presented the greatest values.
(20) We present these cases and review the previously reported cases.