(1) The lectins isolated (and the particular sugar ligands used in the affinity carriers) are as follows: Anguilla anguilla, serum (alpha-L-fucosyl-), Vicia cracca, seeds; Phaseolus lunatus, seeds; Glycine soja, seeds; Dolichos biflorus, seeds; Maclura pomifera, seeds; Sarothamnus scoparius, seeds; Helix pomatia, ablumin glands; Clitocybe nebularis, fruiting bodies (all N-acetyl-alpha-D-galactosaminyl-); Ricinus communis, seeds (beta-lactosyl-); Ononis spinosa, root; Fomes fomentarius, fruiting bodies; Marasmius oreades, fruiting bodies (all alpha-D-galactosyl-), Canavalia ensiformis, seeds, (i.e., concanavalin A) (alpha-D-glucosyl-).
(2) From the fruit body of the fungus Marasmius oreades (family Tricholomataceae), 4,4-dimethyl-5 alpha-ergosta-8,24(28)-dien-3 beta-ol (1), probably a biogenetic precursor of ergosterol, has been isolated along with ergosterol.
(3) All the lectins studied (from the seeds of Dolichos biflorus, Glycine soja, Lens esculenta and Vicia cracca and of the fruiting body of Marasmius oreades) were characterized by a similar course of pH dependence of the association constants, with the maximum values at pH 7--9.
(v. i.) To tell; to declare.
(n.) Rennet. See 3d Reed.
(imp. & p. p.) of Read
(v. t.) To advise; to counsel.
(v. t.) To interpret; to explain; as, to read a riddle.
(v. t.) To tell; to declare; to recite.
(v. t.) To go over, as characters or words, and utter aloud, or recite to one's self inaudibly; to take in the sense of, as of language, by interpreting the characters with which it is expressed; to peruse; as, to read a discourse; to read the letters of an alphabet; to read figures; to read the notes of music, or to read music; to read a book.
(v. t.) Hence, to know fully; to comprehend.
(v. t.) To discover or understand by characters, marks, features, etc.; to learn by observation.
(v. t.) To make a special study of, as by perusing textbooks; as, to read theology or law.
(v. i.) To give advice or counsel.
(v. i.) To perform the act of reading; to peruse, or to go over and utter aloud, the words of a book or other like document.
(v. i.) To study by reading; as, he read for the bar.
(v. i.) To learn by reading.
(v. i.) To appear in writing or print; to be expressed by, or consist of, certain words or characters; as, the passage reads thus in the early manuscripts.
(v. i.) To produce a certain effect when read; as, that sentence reads queerly.
(a.) Instructed or knowing by reading; versed in books; learned.
(1) It involves creativity, understanding of art form and the ability to improvise in the highly complex environment of a care setting.” David Cameron has boosted dementia awareness but more needs to be done Read more She warns: “To effect a cultural change in dementia care requires a change of thinking … this approach is complex and intricate, and can change cultural attitudes by regarding the arts as central to everyday life of the care home.” Another participant, Mary*, a former teacher who had been bedridden for a year, read plays with the reminiscence arts practitioner.
(2) Michael Schumacher’s manager hopes F1 champion ‘will be here again one day’ Read more Last year, Red Bull were frustrated by Mercedes, Ferrari and Honda as they desperately looked for a new engine supplier.
(3) Theresa May signals support for UK-EU membership deal Read more Faull’s fix, largely accepted by Britain, also ties the hands of national governments.
(4) The difference in BP between a hospital casual reading and the mean 24 hour ambulatory reading was reduced only by atenolol.
(5) Before issuing the ruling, the judge Shaban El-Shamy read a lengthy series of remarks detailing what he described as a litany of ills committed by the Muslim Brotherhood, including “spreading chaos and seeking to bring down the Egyptian state”.
(6) The study examined the sustained effects of methylphenidate on reading performance in a sample of 42 boys, aged 8 to 11, with attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
(7) In group V, five cases of Taenia saginata parasitosis were studied showing a weak positive reading.
(8) It is my desperate hope that we close out of town.” In the book, God publishes his own 'It Getteth Better' video and clarifies his original writings on homosexuality: I remember dictating these lines to Moses; and afterward looking up to find him staring at me in wide-eyed astonishment, and saying, "Thou do knowest that when the Israelites read this, they're going to lose their fucking shit, right?"
(9) We report on a patient, with a CT-verified low density lesion in the right parietal area, who exhibited not only deficits in left conceptual space, but also in reading, writing, and the production of speech.
(10) Businesses fleeing Brexit will head to New York not EU, warns LSE chief Read more Amid attempts by Frankfurt, Paris and Dublin to catch possible fallout from London, Sir Jon Cunliffe said it was highly unlikely that any EU centre could replicate the services offered by the UK’s financial services industry.
(11) Obamacare price hikes show that now is the time to be bold | Celine Gounder Read more No longer able to keep patients off their plans outright, insurers have resorted to other ways to discriminate and avoid paying for necessary treatments.
(12) In fact, you might read it as a signal … that the president might well lose on this,” she said.
(13) Communicating sustainability is a subtle attempt at doing good Read more And yet, in environmental terms it is infinitely preferable to prevent waste altogether, rather than recycle it.
(14) Extensive sequence homologies and other genetic features are shared with the related oncogenic virus, human papillomavirus type 16, especially in the major reading frames.
(15) Brewdog backs down over Lone Wolf pub trademark dispute Read more The fast-growing Scottish brewer, which has burnished its underdog credentials with vocal criticism of how major brewers operate , recently launched a vodka brand called Lone Wolf.
(16) This study provides strong and unexpected evidence that one admission to hospital of more than a week's duration or repeated admissions before the age of five years (in particular between six months and four years) are associated with an increased risk of behaviour disturbance and poor reading in adolescence.
(17) On the initial visit, the best corrected acuity with spectacles was determined and a potential acuity meter reading was obtained; this test suggested potential for visual recovery in two of the three patients.
(18) Instead, he handed over the opening to reporter Molly Line, who said, “Racial profiling is in the eye of the beholder,” before citing differing perceptions of the phenomenon between white and black people, which is like reading the headline “Rapist, Victim Differ on Consent”.
(19) US presidential election 2016: the state of the Republican race as the year begins Read more So far, the former secretary of state seems to be recovering well from self-inflicted wounds that dogged the start of her second, and most concerted, attempt for the White House.
(20) Jeremy Corbyn could learn a lot from Ken Livingstone | Hugh Muir Read more High-minded commentators will say that self-respect – as well as Burke’s dictum that MPs are more than delegates – should be enough to make members under pressure assert their independence.