(adv.) By chance; peradventure; perchance; it may be.
(1) A shrinking populace is perhaps a greater challenge than any problems with Russia.
(2) For dental procedures requiring tracheal intubation, one could perhaps use non-depolarizing muscle relaxants, like pancuronium, with reversal at the end of the procedure.
(3) Perhaps they can laugh it all off more easily, but only to the extent that the show doesn’t instill terror for how this country’s greatness will be inflicted on them next.
(4) And perhaps it’s this longevity that accounts for her popularity: a single tweet from Williams (who has 750,000 followers) about the series will prompt a Game Of Thrones news story.
(5) Histopathological studies confirmed that mice fed 933cu-rev died from bilateral renal cortical tubular necrosis consistent with toxic insult, perhaps due to Shiga-like toxins.
(6) Accumulating evidence indicates that for most tumors, the switch to the angiogenic phenotype depends upon the outcome of a balance between angiogenic stimulators and angiogenic inhibitors, both of which may be produced by tumor cells and perhaps by certain host cells.
(7) Cocktails of two or more BsAbs, selected to bind to multiple epitopes on ribosome-inactivating proteins and perhaps also on unwanted cells, could provide an important new strategy in immunotherapy.
(8) Higuaín was not fully fit which, with Rodrigo Palacio out with a calf injury, perhaps in part explained why Alejandro Sabella had made the change.
(9) Therefore, the evolutionary origins, and perhaps the functions, of the Ia gamma chains are distinct from those of the other two Ia subunits alpha and beta.
(10) Because TNF mRNA appeared ubiquitous in the organs of control rats examined and because the endotoxin-induced increase in TNF mRNA was relatively small, endotoxin may induce the expression of the TNF protein in serum not only by increasing TNF mRNA levels but perhaps more importantly by a posttranscriptional mechanism.
(11) The results of the study suggest that perhaps tobramycin of cefotaxime-impregnated PMMA beads would produce local levels of antibiotic high enough to sterilize a given dead space for a period of 28 days.
(12) Perhaps there were some other generations in Portuguese football with more talent, but they didn’t win.
(13) This may have been a pointed substitute programme, management perhaps imagining a future where electronic presenters will simply download their minds to MP3-players.
(14) "Medical professionals have perhaps been the least involved [of all sectors] in debates and discussions around abortion, and anti-choice groups have very effectively carried out a deliberate strategy of targeting and influencing health professionals.
(15) Thus, a4 and a2 alleles of the c-Ha-ras-1 may perhaps be viewed as genetic markers of predisposition to lung, ovarian and thyroid cancer, respectively, in combination with other clinical parameters.
(16) The use of the first oversulfation method provides slightly oversulfated derivatives which exhibit strong anticoagulant properties and may constitute effective antithrombotic drugs with no bleeding tendency, a side effect perhaps related to a high rate of sulfation.
(17) There is a heavy, leaden feeling in your chest, rather as when someone you love dearly has died; but no one has – except, perhaps, you.
(18) For somewhere else, perhaps, the show was just about to begin.
(19) We support the view that catalysis by metalloenzymes may be a reflection of the chemistry of the metal ion itself as a Lewis acid, and that perhaps too much emphasis has been placed on supposed special characteristics (such as strains, "entasis") of the enzyme-metal ion association.
(20) Systematic treatment of aberrant subclavian arteries should perhaps be considered when it can be performed during thoracic surgery.
(adv.) In a probable manner; in likelihood.
(1) Without medication atypical ventricular tachycardia develops, in the author's opinion, most probably when bradycardia has persisted for a prolonged period.
(2) PMS is more prevalent among women working outside the home, alcoholics, women of high parity, and women with toxemic tendency; it probably runs in families.
(3) In dogs, cibenzoline given i.v., had no effects on the slow response systems, probably because of sympathetic nervous system intervention since the class 4 effects of cibenzoline appeared after beta-adrenoceptor blockade.
(4) Results indicated a .85 probability that Directive Guidance would be followed by Cooperation; a .67 probability that Permissiveness would lead to Noncooperation; and a .97 likelihood that Coerciveness would lead to either Noncooperation or Resistance.
(5) This may be due to efficient replacement of Leu by Phe at CUC (and, probably, CUU) codons throughout the genome.
(6) Quantitative determinations indicate that the amount of PBG-D mRNA is modulated both by the erythroid nature of the tissue and by cell proliferation, probably at the transcriptional level.
(7) This difference is probably secondary to the different rates of delivery of furosemide into urine.
(8) Estimates of the risk probability for each dose level and sacrifice time are found utilizing the sample likelihood as the posterior density.
(9) Because of the short detachment interval, and the absence of underlying pathology or trauma, the recovery process described here probably represents an example of optimum recovery after retinal reattachment.
(10) A re-examination of the literature indicates that many phagocytes previously unidentified or considered to be microglial cells are probably beta astrocytes.
(11) That suggests they are being replenished by sulphur dioxide, most probably from volcanoes.
(12) Asthma is probably the commonest chronic disease in the United Kingdom, and its attendant morbidity extends outside the possible scope of the hospital sector.
(13) It is concluded that fibroblast replication is an important mechanism leading to the pathologic fibrosis seen in graft versus host disease and, by analogy, probably other types of immunologically mediated fibrosis.
(14) Probability distributions are fitted to these data and it is shown that the log-series distribution best fits the data for two subgroups.
(15) The increased muscular strength in due to a rise of calcaemia, improved muscle contraction and probably also due to the mentioned nutritional factors.
(16) At 100 microM-ACh the apparent open time became shorter probably due to channel blockade by ACh molecules.
(17) Of the 16 cases, 14 (88%) were diagnosed as TSS or probable TSS by the attending physician, although only nine (64%) of the 14 diagnosed cases were given the correct discharge code.
(18) These results indicate that both racemic and L-baclofen inhibit trigeminal transmission in man, probably because they interfere with excitatory transmission through the interneurons of the lateral reticular formation.
(19) A second Scottish referendum has turned from a highly probable event into an almost inevitable one.
(20) However, since these levels were unaltered by reducing the antiandrogen dosage, the main action of the therapy is probably that of the antiandrogen within the target cells.