(a.) Indecorously free, or presuming; saucy; bold; impertinent.
(v. i.) To behave with pertness.
(1) To date we have analysed members of 28 DMD families (10 familial, 18 sporadic) and six BMD families (four familial, two sporadic) with the closely linked pERT probes 87-1, 87-8, and 87-15 (DXS164).
(2) The Electrodyn sprayer was compared with a compression sprayer (Hudson X-pert) for residual application of cypermethrin, a pyrethroid insecticide, to control the malaria vectors Anopheles arabiensis Patton and An.
(3) Analysis of cloned segments of X chromosome DNA from the patient and her son showed the XmnI(Asp) alleles of pERT 87-15 and the TaqI alleles of pERT 87-8 in both patients.
(4) Most of the PERT clones were mapped to human chromosome (chr) 2p23-2pter, where the N-myc gene is located.
(5) Richard Beckinsale was Geoffrey, Paula Wilcox was Beryl, pretty, pert and given the best lines: "Beryl, we live in a permissive society."
(6) Whaanga said: "My scars are not ugly, they mean I'm alive" – and to me they're much more impressive than a perfect, pert cleavage.
(7) The air pulsed automatic tonometer X-PERT NCT has been tested in hospitals on glaucomatous patients.
(8) Determining the minimum time (to), the maximum one (tp) and the more frequent time (tm) of each activity and applying the statistic method PERT, one gets the probable duration (te) of every activity and the critical path of the net is placed in evidence.
(9) Probe pERT-84 maps to the same fragment, within 750 kb of XJ1.1.
(10) RFLP analysis revealed that the affected male and an unaffected sister shared a complete Xp21 haplotype while the affected sister had inherited a recombinant Xp21 region resulting from a crossover between pERT 87-15 and J-Bir.
(11) L. M. Kunkel and his colleagues isolated genomic sequences (PERT 87) from within a large deletion causing DMD, whereas our group isolated genomic sequences (XJ) spanning the junction of an X-autosome translocation causing the disease.
(12) The insertion is demonstrated by field-inversion gel electrophoresis as an enlarged SfiI fragment hybridizing to probe J-Bir, while neighboring SfiI fragments (detected by probes PERT 87 and J-66) are unchanged.
(13) The recombinant DNA study showed a recombinant chromosome with a crossover between pERT 87-8 and pERT J-Bir in the manifesting carrier.
(14) On my first day at primary school, my teacher, Mr Smith, said in front of the class, “What kind of person calls their child Roo-pert?” Put me off school for ever.
(15) Photograph: Charlotte Pert The government then offered $5,000 to each family, but has been accused of dragging its heels over the payments.
(16) Denise has a small, trim nose; more decorous than pert.
(17) Residual effect and cost-benefit were evaluated and compared to the standard DDT spraying technique using the Hudson X-pert sprayer.
(18) Gluttony was, as Francine Prose (author of a pert monograph, Gluttony ) puts it, all about the "inordinate desire" for food, which makes us "depart from the path of reason".
(19) By applying over 100 fold excessive CTX and liver single strand cDNA to the CB double strand cDNA, subtractive hybridization was carried out by phenol-emulsion-reassociation-technique (PERT), in which the common expressed housekeep genes would be eluted by restrict site ligation, and CB specific cDNA flanking with EcoRI site in both ds cDNA ends could be cloned into lamda gill phage.
(20) The use of PERT as a standardized process for the placement of patients in community facilities is illustrated and advocated by the authors.
(n.) Everything that grows, and bears a green leaf, within the forest; as, to preserve vert and venison is the duty of the verderer.
(n.) The right or privilege of cutting growing wood.
(n.) The color green, represented in a drawing or engraving by parallel lines sloping downward toward the right.
(1) The VERT VOR time constant was marginally affected by the deficit.
(2) At the Montenvers railway turn right and zigzag easily up the extra 150m to grab great views of the pinnacles of the Aiguille Verte at 4,122m, Les Drus and the Mer de Glace (sea of ice).
(3) HOR and VERT VOR gain was within normal limits 1-3 months following an acute paralysis; time constants required a longer recovery period.
(4) An End the Omertà petition, which criticises an alleged Mafia-style code of silence around harassment, was published on the front page of the daily Libération on Tuesday after the MP Denis Baupin resigned as deputy parliamentary speaker following allegations made against him by women in his Europe Écologie Les Verts (EELV) party.
(5) The quality of life here would be inconceivable in Paris or London,” says Gosset, head of R&D at Santé Verte, a food supplements specialist.
(6) 2) The Vert's values of the BA-NA ratio profilograms in each age group based on the data of 9-year olds tended to decrease as age increased.
(7) Algeria have taken the opposite tack to South Korea's toffee pelters , the press lauding Les Verts as heroes and shuffling together a petition to persuade Vahid Halilhodzic to stay on as coach, as Rob Bleaney reports : The Algerian coach is set to leave his position after the tournament, having endured a long-running battle with some sections of the media.
(8) Sandrine Rousseau, 44, an economist and spokesperson for the Green party, Europe Écologie Les Verts (EELV), told an investigation by Mediapart and France Inter radio that during a party meeting, Baupin had cornered her in a corridor, pinned her against the wall, held her breasts and tried to kiss her by force.
(9) Of 102 members of two families living in the Baie Verte Peninsula, Newfoundland, 39 were found to have familial hyperlipoproteinemia.
(10) The three other candidates from the far left Parti de Gauche, Europe Ecologie Les Verts and the far-right Front National would trail behind with scores failing to reach double figures in the final round, according to the poll.
(11) And Alex Connell, principal tutor at the Vegetarian Society's cookery school, Cordon Vert, is currently helping students to discover the Caribbean, and its novel use of fresh chilli, spices and sweet ingredients: "It's a good source of new and interesting ingredients, like ackee, callaloo, cassareep and breadfruit."
(12) Our results indicate that a unilateral deficit causes a markedly different alteration for HOR VOR dynamics compared to the effect on VERT VOR.
(13) The effect of this type of unilateral deficit on VOR gain and long time constant were determined as well as the time course of the compensation processes for HOR and VERT VOR dynamics.
(14) Eleven cases of ischemic heart disease with or without myocardial infarction from two families in the Baie Verte Peninsula, Newfoundland, were studied.
(15) Summary--Ru-Vert, a combination product, containing in each tablet, 25 mg of pentylenetetrazol, 12.5 mg of pheniramine maleate, and 50 mg of nictonic acid, was evaluated in the treatment of seventeen patients with benign paroxysmal positional vertigo.
(16) A shoe-seller from Cap Vert, Jason Monteiro Furtado, 21, was on holiday in the town and began what has been described as a lighthearted turn, delivered from just behind the removable security barriers that line the main drag in Cannes.
(17) We then used the Fuzzy theory to change Vert's formula and obtained facial types.
(18) Fifty of 51 (98.1%) successfully verted women delivered a cephalic presentation infant at term.
(19) In verted sacs from normal rats, there was a decrease in transfer and in accumulation of L-cystine (0.03 mM) and L-valine (0.065 mM) when ACPC was on the mucosal (luminal) side.
(20) In the first group of localities, P. perniciosus was very abundant (87.8%) and S. minuta scarce (12.0%); in the second group, P. perfiliewi was the only species collected; in the third group, P. perfiliewi was very abundant (98.0%), S. minuta was vert scarce (1.1%) and P. perniciosus even more so (0.7%).