What's the difference between picard and picardian?
(n.) One of a sect of Adamites in the fifteenth century; -- so called from one Picard of Flanders. See Adamite.
(1) It is a small return for a six-month investigation that involved the US justice department, the financial regulator the Securities and Exchange Commission, Picard's office and the US marshals.
(2) Picard has filed a complaint in the US bankruptcy court against Cohmad Securities Corporation and a number of its principals, seeking to recover well over $100m allegedly paid to Cohmad in exchange for introducing clients to Madoff's firm.
(3) Bezos, a Star Trek fan, also considers calling the company MakeItSo.com, after Captain Picard's catchphrase in Star Trek: The Next Generation, and holds a party for the show's final episode in May 1994.
(4) There are various elements in the story that could make us nervous,” the memo stated, including an “apparent fear of Madoff, where no one dares ask any serious questions as long as the performance is good.” According to court papers filed by Irving Picard, the trustee charged with recouping losses for Madoff’s victims, another JP Morgan banker claimed Madoff’s “Oz-like signals” were difficult to ignore some 18 months before the scheme collapsed.
(5) Approximate solutions to the problem are obtained by Picard's type iterative procedure and computational results for the dimensionless solid displacement, permeability and pressure profiles are presented.
(6) Picard’s filings also quote a June 2007 email from a senior JP Morgan banker warning colleagues that another banker “just told me that there is a well-known cloud over the head of Madoff and that his returns are speculated to be part of a Ponzi scheme.” In late October 2008 the bank alerted the UK’s serious organised crime agency that Madoff’s returns were “too good to be true – meaning that it probably is.” However it did not file a suspicious activity report with the US authorities.
(7) U.S.A. 81, 1297-1301; and Monsarrat, B., Maftouh, M., Meunier, G., Dugué, B., Bernadou, J., Armand, J. P., Picard-Fraire, C., Meunier, B., and Paoletti, C. (1983) Biochem.
(8) The Tamarian finds Picard's straightforward Earth way of speaking similarly incomprehensible.
(9) Several biologically important examples of posttranscriptionally regulated genes have recently been described (T. Gerster, D. Picard, and W. Schaffner, Cell 45:45-52, 1986; R. Reeves, T.S.
(10) "Our investigation has yielded significant evidence that, in fact, a variety of other people helped Madoff prey on innocent victims," said David Sheehan, counsel for the trustee and a partner at Baker Hostetler, the court-appointed counsel for Picard.
(11) The court filing was among several documents related to Bannon and Picard’s voluminous divorce case, filed in 1997, which was revisited several times as Piccard sought support for tuition and other expenses.
(12) According to court papers filed by Irving Picard, the trustee charged with recouping losses for Madoff’s victims, the bank had grave doubts about Madoff 18 months before his scam unwound.
(13) JP Morgan has always denied wrongdoing and disputes Picard’s findings but this week chief executive Jamie Dimon signalled that a deal was in the offing and suggested it was easier for the bank to settle than to fight its corner in court.
(14) We have shown in an accompanying paper (A. Picard, M. C. Harricane, J. C. Labbe, and M. Doreé, 1988, Dev.
(15) So far Irving Picard, the court-appointed trustee of Madoff's collapsed firm, has recovered just $1.2bn on behalf of investors.
(16) Therefore, it is possible that these branches of iliac arteries may feed spinal arteriovenous malformations as seen also in the cases reported by Picard, Stein and Heindel.
(17) Picard has secured $235m from Banco Santander to settle claims brought by the trustee against one of its investment subsidiaries.
(18) We've also got a Star Trek festive mash-up of Let It Snow , featuring Patrick Stewart as Captain Picard.
(19) Patrick Stewart, the award-winning actor best known for portraying Captain Jean-Luc Picard in Star Trek, was at the NYSE to ring the opening bell on Twitter’s behalf.
(20) Picard cannot make sense of the Tamarian's cryptic utterances, such as "Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra" and "Temba, his arms wide."