(n.) Reception; effect; -- implying the making room for.
(n.) Ordinal relation; position in the order of proceeding; as, he said in the first place.
(n.) Any portion of space regarded as measured off or distinct from all other space, or appropriated to some definite object or use; position; ground; site; spot; rarely, unbounded space.
(n.) A broad way in a city; an open space; an area; a court or short part of a street open only at one end.
(n.) A position which is occupied and held; a dwelling; a mansion; a village, town, or city; a fortified town or post; a stronghold; a region or country.
(n.) Rank; degree; grade; order of priority, advancement, dignity, or importance; especially, social rank or position; condition; also, official station; occupation; calling.
(n.) Vacated or relinquished space; room; stead (the departure or removal of another being or thing being implied).
(n.) A definite position or passage of a document.
(n.) Position in the heavens, as of a heavenly body; -- usually defined by its right ascension and declination, or by its latitude and longitude.
(n.) To assign a place to; to put in a particular spot or place, or in a certain relative position; to direct to a particular place; to fix; to settle; to locate; as, to place a book on a shelf; to place balls in tennis.
(n.) To put or set in a particular rank, office, or position; to surround with particular circumstances or relations in life; to appoint to certain station or condition of life; as, in whatever sphere one is placed.
(n.) To put out at interest; to invest; to loan; as, to place money in a bank.
(n.) To set; to fix; to repose; as, to place confidence in a friend.
(n.) To attribute; to ascribe; to set down.
(1) However, this deficit was observed only when the sample-place preceded but not when it followed the interpolated visits (second experiment).
(2) Cantact placing reaction times were measured in cats which were either restrained in a hammock or supported in a conventional way.
(3) You can see where the religious meme sprung from: when the world was an inexplicable and scary place, a belief in the supernatural was both comforting and socially adhesive.
(4) It would be fascinating to see if greater local government involvement in running the NHS in places such as Manchester leads over the longer term to a noticeable difference in the financial outlook.
(5) Other research has indicated that placing gossypol in the vagina does inhibit the effect of herpes simplex virus type 2 infection, however.
(6) It is a place that occupies two thirds of our planet but very little is known of vast swaths of it.
(7) Under these conditions the meiotic prophase takes place and proceeds to the dictyate phase, obeying a somewhat delayed chronology in comparison with controls in vivo.
(8) As May delivered her statement in the chamber, police helicopters hovered overhead and a police cordon remained in place around Westminster, but MPs from across the political spectrum were determined to show that they were continuing with business as usual.
(9) Small pieces of anterior and posterior quail wing-bud mesoderm (HH stages 21-23) were placed in in vitro culture for up to 3 days.
(10) A specimen of a very early ovum, 4 to 6 days old, shown in the luminal form of imbedding before any hemorrhage has taken place, confirms that the luminal form of imbedding does occur.
(11) I think part of it is you can either go places where that's bound to happen.
(12) Socially acceptable urinary control was achieved in 90 per cent of the 139 patients with active devices in place.
(13) After 1 year, anesthesia was induced with chloralose and an electrode catheter placed at the right ventricular apex.
(14) In both experiments, Gallus males were placed on a commercial feed restriction program in which measured amounts of feed are delivered on alternate days beginning at 4 weeks of age.
(15) These episodes continued for the duration of the suckling test and were enhanced when a second pup was placed on an adjacent nipple.
(16) "This was very strategic and it was in line of the ideology of the Bush administration which has been to put in place a free market and conservative agenda."
(17) In Essex, police are putting on extra patrols during and after England's first match and placing domestic violence intelligence teams in police control rooms.
(18) After a due process hearing, the child was placed in a school for autistic children.
(19) and then placed in the chamber containing a CO atmosphere (0.325-0.375%).
(20) The popularly used procedure in Great Britain is that in which a sheet of Ivalon sponge is sutured to the sacrum and wrapped around the rectum thus anchoring it in place.
(imp. & p. p.) of Style
(1) In addition to the 89 cases of sudden and unexpected death before the age of 50 (preceded by some modification of the patient's life style in 29 cases), 11 cases were symptomatic and 5 were transplanted with a good result.
(2) More disturbing than his ideas was Malema's style and tone.
(3) In a poll before the debate, 48% predicted that Merkel, who will become Europe's longest serving leader if re-elected on 22 September, would emerge as the winner of the US-style debate, while 26% favoured Steinbruck, a former finance minister who is known for his quick-wit and rhetorical skills, but sometimes comes across as arrogant.
(4) Correlations between measures of learning style and academic performance yielded low, nonsignificant positive correlations and were found to be inadequate predictors of academic performance.
(5) To a large extent, the failure has been a consequence of a cold war-style deadlock – Russia and Iran on one side, and the west and most of the Arab world on the other – over the fate of Bashar al-Assad , a negotiating gap kept open by force in the shape of massive Russian and Iranian military support to keep the Syrian regime in place.
(6) Similarly, while those in the City continue to adopt a Millwall FC-style attitude of "no one likes us, we don't care", there is no incentive for them to heed the advice and demands of the public, who those in the Square Mile prefer to dismiss as intemperate ignoramuses.
(7) True Love Impulse Body Spray, Simple Kind to Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser and VO5 Styling Mousse Extra Body marked double-digit price rises on average across the four chains.
(8) 2) Trebling of alcohol treatment places to match the expansion in drug treatment, and US-style street pastor teams using vetted ex-offenders to reach disaffected young people.
(9) Portugal's slide towards a Greek-style second bailout accelerated after its principal private lenders indicated that they were growing weary of assurances from Lisbon that it could get on top of the country's debts.
(10) ICR 12, one of a panel of rat monoclonal antibodies recognizing the external domain of the human c-erb B2 proto-oncogene product, (Styles, 1990) was chosen as a candidate for radiolabeling with 124I for positron emission tomography of selected patients with breast cancer.
(11) The video is done in the style of a news report for Russia's Kremlin-controlled Channel One channel, which normally praises Putin in every broadcast.
(12) PES scores were inversely related to reporting symptoms and unrelated to measures of response style.
(13) Group psychotherapy is a treatment modality used to assist patients in learning how they are perceived, what interactions and communication styles are effective, and which behaviors are acceptable.
(14) It was suggested that treatment outcome in a multidisciplinary pain clinic is more immediately related to patients' coping styles and their choice of pain treatment modalities than to their demographics and personalities.
(15) But similar accusations have been levelled by Anders Fogh Rasmussen , the secretary general of Nato, and by pro-shale officials in Romania and Lithuania , as cold war-style tensions have ratcheted.
(16) Trousers were cropped or rolled at the ankle, a styling trick that is emerging as a trend across the shows.
(17) While there are many potential causative factors, erroneous concepts of IOL positioning and design appear to have led to PBK with many iris-supported and anterior chamber lens styles.
(18) Valls immediately attacked Hamon as an idealist who couldn’t win the presidential election and styled himself as the voice of the serious left in government.
(19) Napthine chose not to directly criticise Tony Abbott – it’s not his style – but the coolness was clear.
(20) #WhitePrideWorldWide.” Anonymous replied in true vigilante style on Sunday, by taking control of the KKK Twitter account and replacing the logo with its own.