(1) It was, I recall, an anarchic traffic jam of ex-squatters, ravers, and proponents of free love that chuntered slowly and messily through the byways and sometimes the highways of Thatcher’s Britain.
(2) Prieto is due to be executed for the 1988 killings of Rachael Raver and her boyfriend, Warren Fulton III.
(3) The wrecked "candy ravers" and rampaging fratboys of EDM cliche are barely present – aside from more visible breasts and muscles, it is close to any European festival audience out for a good time, perhaps even a bit savvier.
(4) Like the jazzy nest of some mutant raver-crows, it is a curious arrival to the sleepy medieval lanes, a 90m-long torrent of orange sticks between the classical law courts and the baroque bell tower.
(5) The only brain scans that have been done are of recreational ecstasy users, whose drugs may be contaminated and who have probably taken other substances, too.The death in 1995 of Leah Betts after taking ecstasy, from drinking too much water in response to a campaign warning ravers of the danger of dehydration, had prevented rational debate or scientific advance.
(6) Veteran lefty Billy Bragg, Suggs, Kooks frontman Luke Pritchard, dance act Orbital, and rock-ravers Enter Shikari were among the bands and artists brought together to recreate the sound of silence.
(7) Hannah Verdier Glue 10pm, E4 Despite being billed as “the new Skins”, this teen drama has seen plots far gloomier than anything the Bristol ravers ever endured.
(8) Dan Snaith looks as if he’s about to deliver an informed running commentary on Istria’s Roman remains; instead, he pulls up the fader on another tropical disco banger and a boatload of expectant ravers go politely bananas.
(9) Since he averages more than a show a day, with more than 300 under his belt this year, perhaps his tendency to notice screaming glowstick-flinging ravers over griping keyboard warriors isn't surprising.
(10) At Electric Daisy Carnival and similar dance festivals, the look has evolved from the child-like "candy raver" of the 1990s, with their pigtails and cuddly toys and pacifiers (dummies), to a slick and sexified yet also kitschy-surreal image midway between Venice Beach and Cirque Du Soleil, Willy Wonka and a Gay Pride parade: girls in Daisy Dukes and bikini tops (or even bare breasts daubed in glittery body paint) but who also wear tutus, giant furry boots in turquoise and hot pink, and fairy wings.
(11) But Moore is insistent, and pretty convincing, as he says that Miami's Ultra Music Festival – which this year has been held up as the epitome of rave Babylon , with pictures of wasted ravers and exhibitionist industry executives going viral – was safer and better-organised than most music or sporting events of comparable size.
(12) As the festival powers down for the night, Dan descends into the throng, offering a hug to every loved-up raver who wants one.
(13) Rituals like "tutting", which evolved out of the glove-dances performed by American ravers in the 90s but which now enhances the intricate hand-movements with glowing and flickering LED fingertips.
(14) By 16, she was playing at warehouse parties in east London, where ravers would run around "half-naked on ketamine".
(15) The Hunger (1983) was an electro gothic noir about an elderly vampire called Miriam (Catherine Deneuve) who preys on ravers with her undead lover, John (David Bowie), who himself falls for Susan Sarandon's medic.
(16) After the release of their first album, the Stone Roses spoke to a generation of ravers during the second "summer of love" in 1989.
(17) But the rest of them, men and women alike, formed a rainbow coalition of ageing candy ravers.
(18) Their psychedelic sound spoke to a generation of ravers during the second "summer of love".
(19) The media image of the demented raver who DJs with sandpaper discs "was made up because I didn't want to come across as average and boring".
(20) In 2002, I had just moved to London, a jaded raver looking for a new electronic fix, and was thrilled and baffled by the deranged transmissions of pirate radio.
(v. i.) One who practices robbery on the seas; a pirate.
(v. i.) One who wanders about by sea or land; a wanderer; a rambler.
(v. i.) Hence, a fickle, inconstant person.
(v. i.) A ball which has passed through all the hoops and would go out if it hit the stake but is continued in play; also, the player of such a ball.
(v. i.) Casual marks at uncertain distances.
(v. i.) A sort of arrow.
(1) Many businessmen like it.” At the entrance to Jiang’s swish showroom, customers are welcomed by posters of a cigar-smoking Winston Churchill and the Queen Mother, standing beside Land Rovers.
(2) It is thought Tata, the Indian conglomerate that also owns Jaguar Land Rover and Tetley Tea, is also preparing to cut several hundred roles in operations that serve the Scunthorpe plant, mainly at its Rotherham site.
(3) The striker, who is Agnew’s nephew, joined Boro for £11m from Blackburn Rovers in January but Karanka has since struggled to find room for him in his preferred 4-2-3-1 formation and Rhodes has started only four of a possible eight games, scoring one goal.
(4) The business posted a 58% increase in Chinese sales in the second quarter, boosted by demand for the recently launched Range Rover Evoque model.
(5) It’s a seismic moment for the industry and particularly the big European manufacturers who have done a lot of work on diesel: technologically, they have they made the wrong bet.” Some analysts believe fears of brand damage in Europe are overstated but Bailey says: “In the US it’s very different: VW have killed their diesel market and it has left them in a very difficult position.” For British manufacturer Jaguar Land Rover, the timing of VW’s woes was ominous, as it unveiled two new diesels in America.
(6) Blackburn Rovers must be growing to detest the site of London.
(7) With Rovers 13th, Allardyce is sacked by new owners Venky’s , and replaced by Steve Kean.
(8) Also in the advanced planning stages is a rover to go to Mars.
(9) Had Nasa completely ruled out life on Mars it would pose problems for the European Space Agency, which plans to send its own alien-hunting rover to Mars in 2018.
(10) By about 7pm he was sitting in his car parked near the garages and at 7.20pm was heading out of town with April in the Land Rover.
(11) The five-year-old knew Bridger, Williams told him, and would have got into his Land Rover "smiling and happy".
(12) Politicians across all parties need to do more to engage the young voters of the future, because ensuring that their voices are heard and that their needs are central to manifestos is vital for a fair and progressive society.” Play Video 1:32 Jeremy Corbyn appears at music festival at Tranmere Rovers ground – video Numerous celebrities including Lily Allen, Stephen Hawking, Brian May, Steve Coogan, Danny DeVito, Liam Gallagher, Ricky Gervais, David Gilmour, Mark Ruffallo, and Rag’n’Bone Man endorsed Corbyn in the course of the election.
(13) Cellino raised eyebrows this summer when he appointed Hockaday, whose previous managerial experience was limited to an unimpressive stint at non-league Forest Green Rovers.
(14) "So we have all the trophies you describe (Freight Rover Trophy, the Sherpa Van Trophy, the Leyland DAF Cup, the Autoglass Trophy and the Auto Windscreens Shield) apart from the LDV Vans (but we do have the Simod Cup)."
(15) If we're allowed to cheat a little bit, Arthur and Fred Blackburn both played for Blackburn Rovers, with Arthur scoring on four occasions.
(16) The senior manager, Roy Hodgson, would be receptive to working with Southgate but also enjoys a close relationship with Appleton, whose fledgling managerial career has already taken in short spells with Portsmouth, Blackpool and Blackburn Rovers.
(17) The 58-year-old, who recently served a four-month ban by the Football League for failing to pay tax on a yacht, was acquitted of customs offences on the Range Rover, which had been imported from the United States.
(18) Six years after Rover's collapse, there is certainly plenty of open space at the centre of this formerly thriving town: hundreds of acres of flattened muddy fields where 6,000 skilled workers once toiled.
(19) Jaguar Land Rover, the Indian-owned but Midlands-based producer of the upmarket Defender and Range Rover models reported volumes rising by nearly 7.5% over the year while production at the Japanese-owned volume carmaker Honda fell by 12.3%.
(20) "My masters are staying up all night working for a solution," Xinhua posted to its microblog when the rover malfunctioned.